• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

You know what I’m just gonna claim my blueprint, but I’m gonna destroy it today because this is getting annoying and I’m hoping something better will come with another blueprint

It’s new Vegas, and that’s all I know
Why destroy over building it? If the Mafia are stopping you from using it, it would probably be because they don't want it built, right? I mean, there is a layer of WIFOM here, but Occam's Razor and all that.

PB indep is wild. Unfortunately this doesn’t really help for votals, but I’ll still update them for later.
Vote Count: Ahead of Schedule Edition

Othinus: I (ExLight)
Phantom345: I (JamieIsBored)
Midorikawa: I (mastermind lissi)
mastermind lissi: I (Quasar_Catfish)
Quasar_Catfish: I (guzmania)
JamieIsBored: I (Othinus)
Not Voting (8): Mido, Caps, Stinger, Phantom, Mudkipz, Divergent, Toast, Mao
Final Vote Count for Day One:
Midorikawa: I (mastermind lissi)
mastermind lissi: I (Quasar_Catfish)
Quasar_Catfish: II (guzmania, StormyStinger)
JamieIsBored: I (Othinus)
StormyStinger: II (ExLight, JamieIsBored)
Marshmallowmao: I (toastghost)
Not Voting (6): Mido, Caps, Phantom, Mudkipz, Divergent, Mao
No Lynch has occurred.
Vote Count: JamieIsNotBoredPlayingMafia Edition:
StormyStinger: III (Midorikawa, JamieIsBored, Othinus)
mastermind lissi: I (ExLight)
toastghost: I (TheCapsFan)
Not voting (8): Lissi, Guz, Quas, Stinger, Mudkipz, Divergent, Toast, Mao
Current Vote Count - 1 hour remains
StormyStinger: IV (Midorikawa, JamieIsBored, Othinus, Divergent)
mastermind lissi: I (ExLight)
toastghost: I (TheCapsFan)
Not Voting (7): Lissi, Guz, Quas, Stinger, Mudkipz, Toast, Mao
Makes Quas look slightly better I guess. There could be some kind of blueprint cop on scum team that saw what Guz had and immediately killed them.

Gonna policy for now because we’re sitting pretty with one scum out, I’ll swap out if Calvin manages to find a scum.
Vote: Mao

Before I sleep, my vote will be for

Vote: StormyStinger

The lack of a defense or a countercase to offer (which he said he would) makes me reconsider my prior read on him, and it kind of seems like he's laying low amid the current discourse.

On Lissi, the activity feels somewhat off to me. I see many posts and reacts from her, but the personal contributions are sparse. The Pyramid Hill situation is confusing, but I think this could be clarified in the next day if someone would have the same feedback from this action.
In retrospect, I don't love this post. At this stage of the day it seems pretty likely to me that scun were resigned to losing Stormy, and the reasoning behind this is a bit weak imo. Possibly could be pretext to excuse the vote while working back on their established read, I'm not saying that has to be the motivation but it's what I'm leaning to. The bit of lissi stands out too, with the knowledge that she claims to be blocked again, because it kind of hinges her alignment on whether or not someone else gets blocked by Pyramid Head.

Again this isn't really a case, this is just me putting some thoughts down to paper so to speak and spitballing an idea.

The alternative I have to consider of course if Divergent is town is that scum just rolled over and didn't even distance by voting the wagon that they're doing nothing to prevent, and that seems quite a bit unlikely to me.

You mean sub?
Why destroy over building it? If the Mafia are stopping you from using it, it would probably be because they don't want it built, right? I mean, there is a layer of WIFOM here, but Occam's Razor and all that.
If you put it like that, I probably won’t. I was just thinking that maybe the mafia have a role that stops anything froM being used on that specific blueprint

Mafia are likely stopping you Lissi because you claimed having a building after they’d roleblocked you the night before. Keeping you around because you’re being scum read, but ensuring you’re not a threat to them.
Gonna policy for now because we’re sitting pretty with one scum out, I’ll swap out if Calvin manages to find a scum.
Not scum, sub. I shouldn’t try writing posts at quarter to 1 :bulbaFacepalm:

I'm willing to believe her naÏvety with not knowing you can use blueprint actions during the day (even though I've brought it up at least twice) and try and look elsewhere for now.
@JamieIsBored

would lean to Quas being town, because this sort of consideration typically doesn't come from scum towards the player they're trying to set up. It's a pretty good reason to read lissi town, and frankly if lissi is scum with Quas it doesn't really make sense to offer this and also note that they have mentioned it twice in thread which casts doubts on the read they're giving, feels like if they're going to link themselves to lissi and defend them like this they wouldn't offer a fully rounded defence instead of just "I think lissi is town because she didn't know about building in the day". So in pretty much all scenarios I think this comes from town.

would lean to Quas being town, because this sort of consideration typically doesn't come from scum towards the player they're trying to set up. It's a pretty good reason to read lissi town, and frankly if lissi is scum with Quas it doesn't really make sense to offer this and also note that they have mentioned it twice in thread which casts doubts on the read they're giving, feels like if they're going to link themselves to lissi and defend them like this they wouldn't offer a fully rounded defence instead of just "I think lissi is town because she didn't know about building in the day". So in pretty much all scenarios I think this comes from town.
The votes agree with you. As do I.

If a player can have multiple blueprints, then I see no reason to delete a blueprint unless we think there's a way to steal blueprints from other players.
Oh, I thought you could only have one at a time and if I got rid of one I could get another

Sorry my brain is not working properly rn

A message to everyone:
IMG_4272.jpeg

vote: mudkipz

you’re my friend but you’ve been really inactive

Might change this later, I’ll see
Not trying to mean, but that’s not a good argument. Mudkipz is only 2 posts behind Divergent and has more posts than the currently alive: Caps, Othinus, Toast and Mao. I know I’m voting Mao so this is gonna sound hypocritical, but voting for inactivity D3 isn’t a great idea.

If you’re able to, you should try to iso her posts and see which are game relevant and which come off wrong. Then make your judgment based off her interactions with others. I will leave it in your capable hands if you wish to try it.

Back
Top Bottom