• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW058 - Dent and Pod, The Brothers Battle! Baoppu VS Yanappu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, as I clarified back on S, he runs away after his battle with Cilan, not after a Gym Battle at home. At least that's what I'm getting from the summary. Poor thing </3
Ah, okay then. I suppose you could still make a case of his loss to Cilan being the last straw, but we'll have to wait and see on that one. Chili could probably do with a hug after all this. Poor Chili. Poor, poor Chili. =(

Awww poor Pod....:-( I feel so bad for him....now I really hope to see some emotional scenes with these two. Maybe some flashbacks from their childhood...

Actually, as I clarified back on S, he runs away after his battle with Cilan, not after a Gym Battle at home. At least that's what I'm getting from the summary. Poor thing </3

Herp, derp, I misread it.

And Chili is a woobie now, huh? Poor Chili...

www_do17.jpg

Thank you for explaining what those words mean in English in that beautiful language.

Clearly why Pod ran away, kyu. He's jealous of his brother out-flaming him, choco.
What beats flames? Water.

I counting on you, Cress. kyukyukyuu
Thank you for explaining what those words mean in English in that beautiful language.
I agree. lolllool
At this point, I think someone would've bullshitted that summery already before someone actually fluent steps in. Like, "OMG POD SUDDENLY WANTS TO JOIN THE GROUP FOR A WHILE TO BETTER BOND WITH PANSEAR!!!11"

Sheesh, I wished that actually happened. ;_;

LOOK IT SAYS CRESS SHOWS UP AND THEY ALL MAKE OUT

I don't see the point of posting the summary and nothing else. At least ask someone to translate it D|

Just a reminder, some people share scans so that others can translate them. Not everyone who posts scans can read Japanese, you know.

Well, at least we can see the airdate. 12/08, right? Or is that for something else?
The second summary on that scan is the first part of kami trio episode, the airdates must of been posted before the baseball game pushed everything back.

Well, it mentions that Chili will run away after losing to Cilan.

Poor Chili, I hope Cilan and Chili have a dice deep and meaningful chat after Cilan finds him.

Yanappu getting his ass beat in a type disadvantage battle and learning Rock Tomb or Seed Bomb in the midst of all that is such a cheap deus ex machina. Especially, when Yanappu should be able to battle and beat without getting a new move, since it already has Dig. Baoppu, unlike Yanappu has been trained by Pod a lot and learned a new move in Nitro Charge that hard work all going to waste cause, the writers wanted Dento to win is incredibly unfair.

Last edited:
Wait, how do you know Dent hasn't trained Yanapp off screen? It's the same as explaining his Ishizumai suddenly knowing Rock Slide.

Besides we don't know how the battle goes before Yanapp uses its new move, nor do we know if it learns it during the battle or if it learned it off screen.

Last edited:
Wait, how do you know Dent hasn't trained Yanapp off screen? It's the same as explaining his Ishizumai suddenly knowing Rock Slide.

Then the reverse might also be true. There is always the possibility that Pansage would learn the new move in the middle of the battle. Just like how Ash's Buizel learned Water Pulse during his battle against Maylene's Lucario.

Yes that would be so. Learning a new move on screen or not, there is a chance that the group have been training their Pokémon off screen. And you can tell their Pokémon have gotten stronger during each battle they're in so surely there has been some training going on with them, it's just rarely shown one screen.

Anyway, about this episode- I'd be disappointed if we didn't get a flashback in this episode, it pretty much sounds fitting for a flashback. And some brotherly bonding of course. I feel sorry for Pod, upset by his loss that he blames Baopp and runs away- I would love it if this was an emotional episode (which it is kind of sounding like) because I have been waiting for an episode like this with Dent being part of the focus. As much as I love Dent's fun side, I've been longing to see him involved an emotional situation.

Last edited:
Yanappu getting his ass beat in a type disadvantage battle and learning Rock Tomb or Seed Bomb in the midst of all that is such a cheap deus ex machina. Especially, when Yanappu should be able to battle and beat without getting a new move, since it already has Dig.

Aren't you contrdicting yourself here? A deus ex machina is a previously unintroduced outside force that solves an unsolvable problem in an extremely unlikely way, but you say that Yanappu could have battled Baoppu on its own with its own skills because he had other options and the elements introduced in the story point to Yanappu and Dent to be the stronger team. If Yanappu had never won a single battle, was consistently portrayed as extremely weak and unable to battle, but then magically learn a super powerful grass move that totally obliterates its opponent in the semifinals of a tournament for example, then I would see your point. Yanappu, much like Buizel as AK pointed out, was able to battle and had strenghtened itself to the point were learning a new move is just an organic next logical step. Ultimately, the move isn't used to circumvent development or magically wrap up plots, so it's not a dem.

the writers wanted Dento to win is incredibly unfair.

The win is a mean, not an end. The writers didn't want Dent to win, they wanted to explore the dynamics between him and his brother. The battle and Chili's loss is a pretext to that. I'm kinda psyched to see Dent helping out Pod and Baoppu reconcile and be more in synch and a better team. Hopefully, they can both grow and develop from this. as it's a good opportunity to showcase Dent's sommeliering skills, but even if the writersdon't, I'm just glad we're getting some more interactions between them, cause they look entertaining and even compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom