• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW058 - Dent and Pod, The Brothers Battle! Baoppu VS Yanappu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can almost see why the battle comes to be... "If I beat you, you must return to the gym!"... because Unovian's like doing that to anyone they meet, and try to screw lil' kids over by sending them back home and stealing their Pokemon. Hurp.

Lol the brothers are all very different from each other. He definitely WON'T be like Dento. (I mean for one thing just how they introduce themselves is different ^^; )

Which is definitely part of their charm! I am happy they all have distinct personalities and they are all clearly different. It's actually nice to see some sibling rivalry, since a lot of people can relate to that.

....so this just got delayed by a week, didn't it. :|

*FLIPS A TABLE*

ARGH, the one upcoming episode that I was actually looking forward to! An extra week of speculation...*sigh* It'll be worth it, though.

I'm aware of that. But now it's yet another week later. I was hoping to have a preview next week and now all this and sjflksjsynhgbfvd.

Yes I mad.

But...but...waiting another full week for Striaton-Bros shenanigans is like waiting for Christmas that got delayed back a week. ;_;

He's got strong Pokemon already, he destroyed his rival, Cabernet with ease, He's a near perfect Sommelier, His goal of being a Sommelier is pretty much not being explored at all, He's a detective, he's a good battler, a Fishermen, he never nearly ever fails, he sparkles out of joy. He isn't affected by anything. Characters to have issues and problems they need to overcome so they can sympathize with them and root for them. In Dento's case, there are none. Which makes it hard to root for him this episode, yet another attempt to glorify Dento's amazing abilities at solving everything for everyone. Pod is going through development, hard work, and issues this episode, which makes me care about him, just like with Iris in the Dragon Buster eppy. Dento, he's still the cool, funny guy who's better than everyone else and is great at everything he does. He isn't being challenged as a character, in any shape, form, or fashion nor has shown any real hardships or insecurities as a character. Making him look stale, tired, and poorly written overall. When has Dento at all in Best Wishes! shown a problem that "stems from himself"? What serious problems have stemed from Dento? One's that affected him emotional, the way Doryuuzu has Iris? His antics are amusing, as well as his character quirks. He totally has a interesting rivalry, yeah. That girl he beat up with his newly caught Ishizumai and Yanappu even though Mebujika has the Herbivore ability :p Yep, just another attempt to show off Dento's awesomeness and greatness, because he's the greatest. Yep, might as well change this episode to "The Dento Show". It's a pity, because I wouldn't like to see such a great character go to waste.

Last edited:
^^; Well @gotpika somethings that are emotional for an Iris episode may not be the best way to show off Dento's character. He's a calm, and optimistic guy, he's not the type to get down on himself or be angry for very long. He's supposed to be talented, if it was him getting mad at his Pokemon it's not helping him towards his goal at all. A sommelier's job is to diagnose Pokemon and Trainer relationships, I think using his brother is a great way to show that.

I for one want to see Dento help his brother out, but I also want to see something that shows how much he cares about him.

As for Dento and Iris, I think they are both equal really. It just depends on who you prefer. I'm not liking the tension I'm seeing here between fans :x it's all Pokemon isn't it? There should be no right or wrong for which character we prefer.

I'm hoping Dent uses his Pokémon Sommelier skills to help out Pod and Baopp sort out their differences and no Satoshi suddenly being the one to sort out the problem. Just like Iris trying to get the shy Monozu to open its heart to her in BW056 - and seemingly doing it all on her own. Pod is Dent's brother (and they're triplet brothers with Corn) so Dent being the one to help Pod to sort out his problem with Baopp would make more sense as they both should understand each other more.

When has Dento at all in Best Wishes! shown a problem that "stems from himself"? What serious problems have stemed from Dento? One's that affected him emotional, the way Doryuuzu has Iris?
Well there is his fear of Choroneko which he doesn't want to talk about let alone think about. And when he did end up reliving "that terrible part of his past" he shivered. Although we have no idea what happened so we don't know just how bad it was and if it would count as a serious problem. We'll just have to see how it effects him when something pushes Dent to revealing to his friends just what happened.

Dent being this optimistic and perfect at almost everything should not be normal, I'm guessing something might have happened in his past to make him become so flawless. Like he's trying to cover something terrible that happened to him (perhaps the Choroneko thing?) or make up for lots of mistakes he's made in the past. Because this is often so for most optimistic and/or flawless characters in anime.

Last edited:
The worst part is, Naruto still needs to reclaim its timeslot from the Subway episodes so there's a small chance it could get delayed an extra week again.

That girl he beat up with his newly caught Ishizumai and Yanappu even though Mebujika has the Herbivore ability :p Yep, just another attempt to show off Dento's awesomeness and greatness, because he's the greatest..

First: Mebujika also has Chlorophyll, and its DW ability. Since it was also hit by bullet seed...I'm pretty sure it has the former.

Second: Dento is the greatest because of his great greatness XD

Dent being this optimistic and perfect at almost everything should not be normal, I'm guessing something might have happened in his past to make him become so flawless. Like he's trying to cover something terrible that happened to him (perhaps the Choroneko thing?) or make up for lots of mistakes he's made in the past. Because this is often so for most optimistic and/or flawless characters in anime.

I'm not sure if they'll go into it as deep as that, but that is a very accurate observation. When I first saw the triplets, they seemed to be functioning like clockwork; they were so in sync, and I was wondering if they ever got into conflict or anything like that...I like that they're going to develop that in this episode, and show that Dento is willing to detract his mercy from ANYONE...including family XD

The cleanest cut people always have the dirtiest secrets.
I'm hoping the events of this episode can expose at least one of them.

The worst part is, Naruto still needs to reclaim its timeslot from the Subway episodes so there's a small chance it could get delayed an extra week again.
Noooooo, Don't jinx it you cretin!!1

@gotpika has a point. Cilan is a bit too perfect...sorta. I wish he did have maybe some other flaw or two that's not a 'weak' "nooo im a scaredy-kat towards purrloin :((". Maybe something will come up in this episode I hope, as I did wish for character development for both brothers (and maybe their lil' monkeys too!!).

^^; Well @gotpika somethings that are emotional for an Iris episode may not be the best way to show off Dento's character. He's a calm, and optimistic guy, he's not the type to get down on himself or be angry for very long. He's supposed to be talented, if it was him getting mad at his Pokemon it's not helping him towards his goal at all. A sommelier's job is to diagnose Pokemon and Trainer relationships, I think using his brother is a great way to show that.

I for one want to see Dento help his brother out, but I also want to see something that shows how much he cares about him.
That's a very good point. I'm looking forward to this episode mostly to see how caring and nice Dento can be and showing him support his bro in his time of need. He defiantly doesn't seem like the type to get down and out over small things in life. So, despite Dento not having a life changing development or hardship, or any problems that stem from him. I'm looking forward to this ep regardless, though.

As for Dento and Iris, I think they are both equal really. It just depends on who you prefer. I'm not liking the tension I'm seeing here between fans :x it's all Pokemon isn't it? There should be no right or wrong for which character we prefer.
That's very mature and commendable thinking actually, xD

Someone on Serebii posted with an updated summary. Apparently Chili ran away from the gym after one loss too many, which is why he's in Driftveil.

Someone on Serebii posted with an updated summary. Apparently Chili ran away from the gym after one loss too many, which is why he's in Driftveil.
Oho, is that so? Considering his losses, it doesn't surprise me that there's more that we haven't seen. What is a surprise is the writers taking a logical next step for this situation. Thank you very much, writers. Then again, maybe the mentions of his losses was foreshadowing after all. Hm...

Actually, as I clarified back on S, he runs away after his battle with Cilan, not after a Gym Battle at home. At least that's what I'm getting from the summary. Poor thing </3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom