• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Elemental monkeys named: Grainy images provide Christmas gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Elemental monkeys named: Grainy images provide Christmas gift

The elemental monkeys may have English names. Grainy and blurred photographs of a display box have wound up on the internet. However, they are of low quality and the names are not yet considered official. Read on for more details.

Read more on Bulbanews

Wel, the names aren't bad. Kinda cute and sensible. Although it might be fake.

Chances are, sinse N's revealed to keep his name, that it might be real afterall. So Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour it is~

Let's just hope this doesn't turn into a flamewar over people who think it should keep it's JP name.

But yes, I like the new names. Easy to memorize too.

Sage as in the herb - grass monkey.
pour as in to pour water - water monkey.
sear as in searing heat(?) - fire monkey.

The last one is a rough guess, but it is the fire monkey so I can assume i'm close.

I hate them all anyway, so I don't give a damn, give Gigaith it's name!

While I do like the names as they make sense, as well as being really cute, it they could possibly be nicknames. I do like the names a lot, though.

I've never really known the back of a Pokemon box to have a screenshot with nicknamed Pokemon, or someone to nickname their Pokemon with strange names like that.

Actually, I didn't know they were on display boxes until I read it on your website, Serebii.

Yes, those are the leaked boxes. Thank you for advertizing this, WPM.

/sarcasm.

Mine were only "grainy" because I resized them in order to fit the update

I have to say, the English names, I don't hate them at all. As a matter of fact, as I write, er, type this, I'm starting to like them. Yes, those are great names!

Also, I'm really psyched that N is keeping his Japanese name. I don't know why, but I usually hate the local names that they give trainers.

Judging by both of your images on both sites, the reason they're grainy is because:

a) Serebii, you resized them

and

b) WPM, the images are compressed and low in quality

But it doesn't matter, as long as we were able to make out the names from the images.

I kind of like their names, and I'm glad that like the JPN names, they have a common suffix in them that shows that they're related.

Also, glad to see N and Plasma keep their names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom