• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Elemental monkeys named: Grainy images provide Christmas gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pan is Spanish for bread as well... but what does that have to do with anything?

He's Dento's Poke, Dento n his bros run a gym reastraunt where they probably serve bread. It fits the character.

So my supposed "christmas gift" is that a bunch of forum people will start calling Yanappu by some new name and confuse everyone?

"Yay".

I'm just glad N and Plasma keep their Japanese names, especially N. They could've easily given him some god awful name.

But anyway, I'm surprised I'm the first to bring up this: The Pokemons names are just capitalized like proper grammar instead of BEING CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that has been known for a long time now. Anyway, it's a shame that names have character limits to only ten letters. Not that the names were bad, but Chimpansage, Chimpansear and Chimpanpour would have sounded much better. But, character limits are character limits, so that'll be the perfect name for the elemental monkeys.

Their actually clever. I'm happy with them!:banana: Bannannas for them:banana:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that has been known for a long time now. Anyway, it's a shame that names have character limits to only ten letters. Not that the names were bad, but Chimpansage, Chimpansear and Chimpanpour would have sounded much better. But, character limits are character limits, so that'll be the perfect name for the elemental monkeys.
Too bad people were such dumbasses with "LOL EMPOLEON ISN'T AN EEVEELUTION WHY END IN -EON" or they could have probably gone with Chimsage, Chimsear and Chimpour.

Yeah, they got clever and used scientific names, doesn't mean its that good. Its not bad, but not that good.

Actually, using "Pan-" is a much better idea. I think. Maybe because "Chimpan-" is boring and obvious?

Also, using "Cim-" would also make the names too long, like Feraligatr's. And with that part included, it would clash with thoughts of their evolution's names as well.

I said that it could have been Chimpan-whatever if the limit was eleven letters instead of ten.

I guess Resiram Turtwi does have a point...

Pansage? That's actually a French word, which means horse grooming, but that doesn't have anything to do with the monkey. xD But other than that, I like the names.

I expected new names to pop up at this time, especially since it's one month after the last ones we have (starter names). Well, if you ask me, the "pan" in their names sounds odd, but that's to be expected from the monkeys who are basically the same, not to mention the last part of their names make up for it. "Pansage" is, I think, the best of them all.

Thanks for reading.

Those names are so cute! 8D Pansage, Panpour, Pansear!

I was just wondering:
Maybe Pansear is also referencing the Japanese legend
"See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil" (Dunno if that's the right order)that the monkey trio is based on.
Because Pansear is the Hear No Evil part of that trio, with its hand to its ear.
Maybe.

Nice names. Good that Plasma has the same name.

I don't like N's name, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom