• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

WORLDBUILDING: A shared world!

Okay. So, if no one objects, so far our ideas are:
Leaders:
Rose
Specter
Fakir leader dude (His name should be Bernie [Get it? Burn-ie? XD])
Luna(I think she's pretty much canon for now, which is why I moved her)
Dervish(Ditto)
Towns:
Ashlar Town (If we we're speculating about leaders tailored to fit this, I'm pretty sure it's canon)
Plinthus City (To be fused with/connected to a new town created by Drakon)
Palisidian City (Given to Aladar)
Capital City w/ E4 (Possible name: Ramuralla City (Rampart + Muralla, Spanish for... Rampart!)
Broken Down Industrial City (Needs a name)
Drawmoat City

Geography: A landlocked region with a lake in the center, mountains to the south, and a desert to the north.

Important things we need:
-We need an evil team. If we go with Gama's idea, we also need an orginization to host them. Of course, depending on when each of our fics take place, we could each make up a team or something.
-The Pokedex. What Pokemon are available?
-The Professor. Who is he, what does he study, he needs at least one relative, etc.
-A MAP! This would be immensley helpful. Even a blank shape could be used 'cause we can say, oh, this area looks barren, add a forest here, a river there, a city here, etc.

Can I take the lead on the evil organization cheif? I think I have a fairly good idea. I'll share it if it's fine with everyone else.

Any objections to Professor Willow, lady professor?

Well Unova already has one, so how about a half man half female professor?Sounds fine to me. Unless a more creative idea comes along. More people are going to need to approve.

Tbh as soon as a professor was needed I started thinking of tree names. Forgot about Willow but I like the idea.

That's where I got it. Maple is my own idea, however to call it that would be a bit of a stretch due to the fact that it's a fairly popular name for fanfic female professors.

I haven't really been participating in this, but I figured I'd butt in here. What about Professor Hemlock? That's a tree, and it sounds very professor-y.

Hemlock... that sounds good IMO.

Plus, we can have her (I think she should be female) be an active professor, going round the region and investigating the evil team while similantously doing her research. And we can give her Hyper Awareness to help her with both the investigation and her research as a whole.

Cause, y'know, Hemlock does sound close to Sherlock :p.

And she can have an assitant named Willow (young male, unexperinced, maybe having some sort of an undefined crush on her). Y'know, like Watson, but completely opposite in most things.

Anyone supporting this idea made up in the spur of the moment?

I like the idea of professor hemlock mainly because that's the last name for a character in one of my favourite books so if its up for argument I would vote for her first name being Debbie. I also had an idea for the evil team which I called:
Team fusion
My idea for team fusion is that its essentially a big mix of all the evil teams that have been disbanded by the MC in the games so it means that rather than constantly having the same evil team grunt to fight over and over again you'd sometimes be fighting team rocket and other times team galactic and so on. This would hopefully mean that it wouldn't get as repetitive as evil teams normally are and it could mean we could bring back some of the best characters from the old teams such as Proton or Mars. I would also want some OC's obviously but I think this could really work if we did it well. I have an idea for the leader of the team but I'll see how this idea goes down before I post it.

I think we need a Team Evil of our own. Using a mix of the old ones jsut feels lazy and, besides, didn't we agree that aside from the Pokémon, we won't be using other characters/stuff from canon?

Ok, I must have missed the bit about the completely original but I'll keep thinking about other things for it

Debbie Hemlock... I like it.

Team X:
They capture Powerful Pokemon for world domination. They will even kill to reach their goals. Run by a battling company or something and use the company to recruit strong trainers. Leader: Ze Champion/Former Champion.

I have a team in mind, although it's not really a team as much as it is a company called Black Enterprises, run by a 24-year-old Joshua Black who is really, really bored.

The bad part comes in when the boy creates seven androids (androids, imagine that!), each with their own special ways of causing havoc in a region, ranging from assassinating important figures (important figures, imagine THAT!) to arson to Ghestis-like propaganda to corrupting important political figures. More specifically...

1. Adam, the first android, serves as the CEO's butler and secretary. He mainly uses the Fighting-type.
2. Noah, the guardian of Black Enterprises's main branch, specializes in the very expansive Water-type.
3. Matthew controls and manages the importing and exporting of goods to create a really crappy economy, leading to mass unemployment. He specializes in the Grass-type.
4. Mark manipulates important political figures, turning them into money-loving corrupt politicians. He specializes in the Psychic-type.
5. Luke outright causes panic by means of arson and serial murder. He specializes in the Fire-type.
6. John, like Ghestis, goes around spreading propaganda, making people question themselves. He specializes in the Ghost-type.
7. Peter is the assassin who finishes off anyone who gets even a peep at what is going on, or seeks to disagree. He specializes in the Dark-type.

The problem, I find, with this is that it would take over a good majority of plots, and ultimately would not give people a whole lot of flexibility. It also results in a city literally crumbling from every edge of its infrastructure. Whatever the case, I'm just throwing this into the idea pool.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and suspension of disbelief that there are ANDROIDS in the Pokemon world

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom