• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Fire type starter

Which region had the best Fire starter?

• Kanto (Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard)

Votes: 94 34.2%
  • Johto (Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion)

Votes: 67 24.4%
  • Hoenn (Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken)

Votes: 53 19.3%
  • Sinnoh (Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape)

Votes: 48 17.5%
  • Unova (Tepig, Pignite, Emboar)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Kalos (Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox)

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters
Infernape; he kicked ass in his debut generation and probably will get an awesome Mega in the next gen. Charizard comes really close for how awesome its megas are.

For me the worst is Tepig but not because its evos are "ugly/unoriginal" it's because it evolves into something that is both frail and slow with a pretty bad movepool. No Close Combat/Drain Punch is madness.

Charizard especially when it's mega evolutions got reveal. Mega Charizard X is just amazing!

It's not on the list, but I like my Fennekin in Y. He's a fox wizard!
^
same with me.
I'm sticking with my fox heart, and for me easily takes over all other fire types (including starters) as my favorite.
Infernape, Typhlosion, and MCY are close behind favorites of mine.

My least favorite? no need to think - easily Torchic and it's evolutions, hated it's design since I first saw it.

Torchic is cute, but the evolutions are a little strange. Still, he's won me many a match in Sapphire and AS.

Even though Infernape has a place in my team and in my signature, it's the Charmander line that has a place in my Heart!

Battle-wise, Chimchar's line is more versatile and adaptive, but I have and always will be a total sucker for Charizard.

Charizard-line. They'll never not be my favorite, especially Charizard.

I also love the Tepig-line, too. The little porkers are just too adorable for words.

Cyndiquil. He's a hedgehog without the memes.

More seriously, I like his design and movepool.

Infernape is my top Fire-type starter. She (because the Infernape I've used in multiplayer battles is female) can use both attack stats and a high Speed stat to her advantage. And I dunno why, but she seems more approachable than most of the Fire-type starters. Maybe fire monkeys don't look as threatening as volcano badgers.

Emboar's not too far behind. The poor fire-boar doesn't get much love from fans. He may not look as cool as Charizard or Typhlosion, but he's probably the most loyal and caring Fire-type starter out of all of them.

I don't really hate Charizard, but I never really got into the flying salamander. Then again, I always started with Squirtle, so there's that.

First Stage:
Charmander > Chimchar > Cyndaquil > Tepig > Fennekin > Torchic

Second Stage:
Quilava > Charmeleon > Monferno > Combusken > Braixen > Pignite

Final Stage:
Typhlosion > Charizard > Blaziken > Infernape > Delphox > Emboar

Best type combination (and my vote) goes to Delphox. Fire/Psychic is just beautiful. Though not nearly as awesome as the non-Legendary Fire/Steel type I'm still waiting for. Come on already!

Second place, and on further consideration I may have changed my mind and decided it wins first place, goes to Charizard. Flaming dragon of death with two awesome mega evolutions? Sounds like a good time to me!

Except Rock Slide and Stone Edge are a thing.
The only one of those that has a higher base speed than Chairzard is Infernape. Assuming 1v1 no boosts, Charizard goes first and KO's with a flying type move on both Blaziken and Emboar.
Infernape might be able to beat Charizard because of its faster speed, but Rock Slide and Stone Edge are inaccurate moves with Rock Slide being more accurate but less powerful.
Assuming Infernape hits, Charizard would probably go down. (I haven't bothered using a damage checker, but quad weakness and low defense isn't a good combination.)
If Infernape misses, Charizard hits with a Flying move and KO's.

...or something.

Emboar is my least favorite Fire starter. My favorite Fire starter is probably Charizard.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom