• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 2: The Villain's Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reshiram and Zekrom were captured in BW; with N and the old playable character no longer in the region, Kyurem is the only member of the Tao trio still in Unova and is thus the controlling power in the region. Kyurem represents wuji, the absence of yin and yang. As a result, Kyurem's power has become unrestrained and ice has spread throughout the region as far south as route 14, threatening to cover the continent in a devastating glacier. It is at this point the game begins.

In the shadows, Ghetsis has recreated Team Plasma from the ashes of the former organization. Once again he has a figurehead (the Shadow Triad unmasked) seemingly in charge while he, the real power, manipulates their actions. Team Plasma2 is no longer attempting to liberate Pokemon; this time Ghetsis is more open about desiring to become the strongest/absolute power in Unova. He thus has the team search out the final member of the Tao trio, Kyurem, knowing that it is his final chance to obtain and control the power of the trio. In addition, the team is also sent to find an item that is rumoured to unlock a Pokemon's ultimate strength. The item is found by Plasma in the Abyssal Ruins; with Undella Bay frozen over, it is a simple matter for them to tunnel through the glacier to access the ruins. Ghetsis locates Kyurem, and is able to capture it. He has his henchman, Akuroma, research Pokemon strength in order to use the mysterious item and fully unlock Kyurem's potential. Akuroma pretends to be a visiting professor from a far-away region and enlists the help of Juniper and Bianca in his 'research'.

With the overwhelming power of Kyurem under his control, Ghetsis manipulates the legendary Pokemon and seizes control of the continent, proclaiming himself the undisputed ruler of Unova. Sensing the imbalance, Zekrom (yin) and Reshiram (yang) return to Unova with N and the old BW player. N is first to arrive and he confronts Ghetsis. Using the research passed on to him by Akuroma, Ghetsis is able to imprison Reshiram/Zekrom and transfer their powers to Kyurem with the mysterious item, mutating Kyurem into the Black/White Kyurem forms. With Kyurem's ultimate strength unlocked, and his own legendary now without its power, N can only watch helplessly as Ghetsis prepares to deal with him. Anthea and Concordia appear to defend N, joining the current player. Realizing that Ghetsis' actions and the seemingly uncontrollable power of Black/White Kyurem will inevitably destroy the region, the Shadow Triad betrays him and join the player, Anthea, and Concordia in a desperate attempt to hold off the legendary Pokemon.

The final Tao member arrives, having been freed by the old BW player after arriving in Unova. Reshiram/Zekrom is able to transfer some of its power to Zekrom/Reshiram (depending on the game), reviving it. N has a second shot at taking down his old mentor and he is joined by the final Tao member, who aligns himself with the player. With yin and yang working together in harmony, N and the player are able to defeat Black/White Kyurem and Ghetsis, destroying Kyurem's Poke Ball and freeing the legendary Pokemon. When defeated, Kyurem returns to its original form. As Kyurem represents wuji, it is powerful only in the absence of Reshiram and Zekrom. With both of them returned to Unova its power is greatly diminished. Free from Ghetsis and with its power in check, Kyurem reverses the flow of ice and frees Unova from the glacier.

Looker arrives and arrests Ghetsis, while Juniper and Bianca turn in Akuroma. With the villains gone the Shadow Triad disband Team Plasma and go into a life of exile. N reflects upon the importance of balance in the world and gives his Tao member to the player, observing that he has a good heart and will not allow Kyurem's power to become unchecked again. He thus destroys the mysterious item and leaves with Anthea and Concordia, determined to spread the message of balance wherever he can so that the world may live in peace. The player is then given the opportunity to seek out and battle Kyurem; no matter what the result, the balance of yin and yang will be fully restored to Unova.

In a post-game plot obtained through Wi-Fi, a few remnants of Team Plasma are attempting to continue Ghetsis' mission via the creation of Genesect. Finding them in the P2 laboratory, the player is able to finish off Plasma once and for all, and then obtain Genesect.

In this first trailer shown! There were a confrontation between the rival, the Pc vs some Braun suited guys! and it seems for me it happens in Nimbasa!

The remaining members of Team Plasma join together and form Team Superconductor and lay waste to the citizens of Unova.

I'm going to make a gag guess that Akuroma is actually one of Ghetsis' "sons", in particular, the son before N that he rejected as a potential chosen hero. With N's failure, he's here to prove to Ghetsis he should have been chosen by attempting to control a more powerful Dragon than N's (i.e., B/W Kyurem). Essentially, the whole plot revolves around an unresolved daddy complex :p

He gathers ex-Plasma members who were on the team because they were power hungry, and not because they actually believed in N's goals (there were a few) and uses this lust to manipulate them. Akuroma steals N's Dragon and forces Kyurem to merge with it to "become whole" and now he's looking for Hilbert/Hilda's dragon. The PC challenges him to a last battle which Akuroma loses. Once the process is complete, he tries to use B/W Kyurem against the player but it disobeys because he isn't the chosen one. Kyurem challenges the player however, because it sees his/her potential and we find out the PC is a third chosen one with N and Hilbert/Hilda

Most of my theories for this week's contest are based off of Gen II and their games and plot. If B2/W2 is a sequel that takes place in the same region, I believe that they will be similar to the Gen II games who have similar plots with their villains even thought they initially take place in two different regions. With that being said, here is my speculation:

I am going to say that I still believe it will be Team Plasma. Why not? After all, Team Rocket were the the villains in both Gen I and II and their remakes; it makes sense that by taking place in Unova again, Team Plasma will, once again, be the bad guys. Some changes will have been made to their management style and their overall end-game, but it is still the same organization it was at the end of B/W.

With the whole glacier thing happening in Unova, I'm going to say that Team Plasma has a stake in that. They won't be the cause of it, but they certainly will be trying to take advantage of it's presence, hence their continued creation of and research in Genesect. They created their own Pokemon in hopes of harnessing the power of whatever is causing the glacier in the first place (which I'm going to say is Kyurem). More on this later.

Team Plasma is still lead by Ghetsis, though he does it in secret. This is similar to the way Team Rocket operated in G/S/C and HG/SS. Since Ghetsis disappeared at the end of the originals, we don't know where he's gone. He could still be alive and hiding away somewhere, watching as his plans unfold. His Shadow Triad is still faithful to him and they are the ones who communicate Ghetsis' will to the rest of the Team.

Since N and the player each absconded with one of the dragons in the originals, Ghetsis has his sights set on collecting Kyurem to make up for it. While he left it alone in the original, the player's actions changed his plans and now he is trying to set his hands on Kyurem, which is why he is still having his Plasma scientists working on Genesect to counteract the Ice Dragon's power. This also explains why Black Kyurem is the mascot of Black 2 and White Kyurem is the mascot of White 2: Since Reshiram was caught by the player in Black, Ghetsis needs the power of Black Kyurem (Kyurem/Zekrom) to fix the imbalance he perceives. The opposite is true with Zekrom and White Kyurem (Kyurem/Reshiram).

That's all I've got for now. Some of this I will elaborate on in future contests, but for now, these are my theories regarding "The Villain's Plot".

Ghetsis comes back, rallies his loyalists and whatever sages may believe in him, and then begins his takeover attempt, Giovanni-style. Or Kyurem buried him under the ice on accident, and it turns out that Kyurem is actually the villain.

Ghetsis managed to gain control of Kyurem as he unlike the 2 heroes, has no good in him, the complete absence of any truth or ideals means that he is suited for Kyurem and he found N coming back to Unova after being in his faraway region. Ghetsis managed to have Kyurem absorb N's dragon, but all this extra power made Kyurem disobedient as he now has some truth or ideals depending on the dragon absorbed unlike Ghetsis. Kyurem goes on to run a mock in Unova and it's Ghetsis and his band of Neoplasma to try and get Kyurem back under control using all sorts of devices and plots that the player constantly stops.

Ghetsis and Akumora are in cohoots. Akumora has been following you around all thise time helping you but it was only to deceive you and play a dasterdly trick. He's actually been researching Kyurem's overdrive, hoping to be able to control it and thus harness it. Maybe he is Ghetsis son.

Upon confronting Ghetsis, near the climax of the game N arrives and helps you defeat Ghetsis and Akumora in a double battle. After you win, Ghetsis and N will scarper. N will try appealing to the half of Kyurem that is his dragon, but realises he can no longer control it, only the player character can. So this leads the player character to then battle, (catch or defeat) Kyurem, and become the new "Hero of whatever is in your particular version (truth or ideals)"

It's a new team who is out to seek the ultimate pokémon to freeze over Unova. Akoruma is their leader, and in his quest for pokémon strength finds a way to fuse Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem, getting the "ultimate" pokémon like he wanted.

interesting theory on Cilan, Chili and Cress as the Shadow Triad just read that on this thread sort of makes sense on why they were not with the other gym leaders at the end

My Thoughts:
-Team plasma seeks help from sages, and they bust them out of jail
-Towards the end of the storyline, before the player gets to battle the last gym leader, Kyurem smashes through the ceiling above where the 8th gym leader is. Anthea and Concordia are riding on top of Kyurem, and they challenge the player to a double battle. It is then that the player's rival shows up, expecting a gym battle. The gym leader, appearing to have been crushed earlier, emerges unharmed. He says that the player should team up with his rival to defeat the 2 women. When the player wins, kyurem (who wasn't used by the 2 women in the battle) quickly flies away. Anthea and Concordia reveal themselves to be 2 of the shadow triad members in disguise.
-After all of that, the rival heals the player's pokemon, and suggests that they leave the Gym, as it appears as though it could collapse any minute. When the player exists the gym, the gym indeed collapses.
-Everyone makes it out unharmed, but the 2 triad members are nowhere to be found. Suddenly, N shows up riding on Zekrom (in Black 2) or Reshiram (in White 2). He explains who he is (as the new player wouldn't have normally known him), and says that he saw everything that happened. He says that that wasn't the real Anthea and Concordia, and that the real ones are missing. N also says who the shadow triads are; they are the three heads of team galactic (Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn). The two the player saw were Mars and Jupiter.
-Meanwhile, Saturn is talking to Ghetsis about how (the player) defeated Mars and Jupiter. Saturn asks if she should go try to stop that trainer (the player) from proceding any further. Ghetsis says that that trainer will bring N to him. (Ghetsis's plan is for Kyurem to absorb the energy from either N's Zekrom or Reshiram (depending on the version), and form a new pokemon (which is where B. Kyurem and W. Kyurem come in)).
Well, that's all I got!

Akuroma is an under cover team plasma agent whose mission assigned by Ghetsis to help the player and also gather information about Black/White Kyurem at the same time. Then when he receives Black/White Kyurem, he double crosses Ghetsis and plan to rule the world with it. Or simply a new antagonist.

yada yada, use kyurem to rule, yada yada, by combining the two halves of him. I.E. Kyurem and Rashiram

Ghetsis is behind everything as per usual, but he's using a different organisation, since everyone knows about the crimes that Team Plasma had committed. Ghetsis had tricked N into getting his dragon fused into Kyurem, and through shenanigans, Ghetsis is able to control it, he tries to kill badly hurt N, but N gets away and remains in hiding.

Akuroma initially started as plant for Ghetsis, gathering information on the player character and their rival, and eventually double crosses them. But comes back in a Big Damn Heroes moment to assist the player with N tagging along with him. Since the player character's Power Of Friendship made Akuroma turn on Ghetsis, and he had felt bad about betraying the PC and rival.

---

Yeah, a cliche fest.

Team Plasma is back!!! And, apparently, they have the same goal as before. This time, they will try to get Kyurem in order to fuse it with the hero's Reshiram/Zekrom (in this case, the hero being the BW main character, that will not make a full appearance in the game, only be mentioned and maybe show up in the ending animation), or maybe with N's.
They will go with a more "terrorist" approach, forcing people to drop their pokémon, instead of convincing them to do so. That's why they choose go after Kyurem, a pokémon said to be a monster that feeds on people, and boost its power with Reshiram or Zekrom. Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad are still part of team Plasma, but Athena, Concordia and the Sages don'.

And about Akuroma.. he will eventually manage to get Black/White Kyurem, and foil team plasma's plans. What are his plans, though? He'll try to freeze the whole Unova, ruining the civilization there, and rule it all from his Ice palace. You'll have to defeat him in order to be able to fight and catch Kyurem yourself.

Last edited:
Here's my two cents. Ok the are actually two teams this time around. Team black and team white. Here is how i think that will/should work. in Black 2 team black is the evil team and team white is the good team and vise versa. In the respective games they will have something to do with kyurem and you team up with the opposed team to try and stop them.
speculation over

now im going to tell you how i want it to work. i want n to be the leader of the good team and Ghetsis to be the lead of the evil team. realizing that ghetsis will stop at nothing to control the world n sets out to find people with pure hearts and forms team white/black to stop him as he knows ghetsis is forming his own team

Akuroma is a mad scientist and is trying to take over the world with his creations such as the Robo-Tyranitar, and one of his creations is Kyurem fused with one of the other dragons, the Robo-Tyrannitar is one of his fake "Robot Pokemon" creations as he is trying to replace the real Pokemon with his creations as Team Plasma or whatever goes and steals everyones Pokemon. Eventually, when you get to the villain teams base, you may even get some of these Robot Pokemon for yourself, who knows.

Also, Ghetsis is now the dictator of his own country.

Since this is the continuation of Pokemon B/W, then it's obvious that Team Plasma will appear, once more. Similar to Team Rocket, they'll find a way to bring back their King, but now a new enemy rises, and this time, it causes the group to split into two factions. One that serves under Akuroma (Black suited men in Nimbasa), and the other that serves the Sages (Original Plasma Grunts). I also think Akuroma could've kidnapped N, and stole his dragon, as well as the other dragon, and uses them both to summon out Kyurem. I also smell a Ghetsis plot also running. This all adds up to an epic showdown.

FYI all. The leaked trailer today showed Team Plasma. As this was part of our initial assumptions in the opening post, and we still don't yet know what Plasma's plot currently is, we're not going to close this thread at this stage.

What if the goal is to freeze over all of Unova in order to make it uninhabitable for humans, and then the pokemon can have a whole region to themselves

So here's my theory from my blog:

akuromaambition.png

|All Theories|Side-series and Spin-offs|Places and People|Pokémon Talk|Myths and Legends|Science & Technology|P-files|
akuromatrailer.png

Screen-cap from here | Credits to kriffix and Backfliptime of Pokejungle

This is by far, the best translation of this video, and it becomes very informative in terms of what is currently going on with Team Plasma. First, Akuroma's dialogue suggests that the Team Plasma he is referring to is neither of the two factions that exist (the ones still loyal to N, and the new ones), but to the old unified Team Plasma. Furthermore, his dialogue suggests that the truth behind Team Plasma, that Ghetsis wanted to rule the world by forcing the entire population to disarm, is not common knowledge, as he talks about these "ideals" as if they were the reason Team Plasma existed.

What can be inferred further from this, however, is that Akuroma himself was not affiliated with Team Plasma, or if he was, not part of Ghetsis' inner circle as he seems unaware of the truth behind their actions (though, to be fair, only the Shadow Triad may have known). Furthermore, Akuroma seems to be contrasted with N. At first, N is portrayed as the villain, only to be revealed that he was being used. However, I believe Akuroma will initially be portrayed as one of the good guys, before revealing his true character.

Opposing the old Team Plasma, I believe that Akuroma, realizing the true potential of Pokemon, wishes to enslave them. Now this is where the complicated part of his character comes in. After all, it would be fairly one-dimensional to simply have him want to enslave Pokemon. So what is his motive? While Ghetsis wanted to rule the world, thus his goal was centred around himself, N's goals extended to the general well-being of the Pokemon species, and thus his goal is projected outward. I do not believe that Akuroma is power hungry like Ghetsis, and instead I think he too has good intentions like N. Just as N wanted liberation for the benefit of Pokemon-kind, I believe Akuroma will be his antithesis, wanting to enslave Pokemon to benefit humanity, and not necessarily himself.

This theory can be conceptualized as a triad of goals. The first goal that set all this into motion was an egocentric goal--Ghetsis' need to control the region. The following two goals form a dichotomy, being altruistic in nature. However, these two goals as well, clash with each other: N's goal is altruism directed at Pokemon at the expense of humanity; Akuroma's goal is altruism directed at humans, at the expense of Pokemon. I think this itself can be represented by dragons. Reshiram and Zekrom, being two opposite paths, while Kyurem who is able to absorb the dragons represent Ghetsis' egocentric goals as Kyurem powers up at the expense of one of the other dragons.

Now this leaves a final piece of the puzzle. What does the player character represent? The hero of the story, I believe, represents the complete harmony where two seemingly competing ideologies (i.e., Pokemon first vs. Humans first) coexist in harmony, and the player character will fight to defend this. As such, I believe that the Player Character is represented by the Original Dragon.

Finally, as for Team Plasma, we already know that an old faction exists who are dedicated to N, consisting of at least one of the sages, Concordia, Anthea, and the knight-uniform Plasmas. However, we know that there were some members of Team Plasma who were only in the team for power and did not really care for Pokemon's well being. I believe these are what constitutes the new Team Plasma, and is under the control of Akuroma. Now where does this leave the Shadow Triad? I believe they are directly under the control of Ghetsis, and we will see four forces clash in the climax: The hero, N, Akuroma, and Ghetsis.

To add onto this, Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad are working separately from the Neo-Team Plasma, controlled by Akuroma. The Shadow Triad are basically gathering what they need in order to control Kyurem, so that Ghetsis will be able to rule Unova like he wanted all along, and the freezing of the region is an indirect result of these actions. The region isn't being purposefully frozen, but is freezing as a result of Ghetsis (or the Shadow Triad's) attempts to steal Kyurem.

As for where the dragons fit into this. With N gone, his dragon was unavailable. Sure, Akuroma could have tried to seek him out, but this was a dragon that sided with the view of separating humans and Pokemon. Thus, I believe Akuroma will go after the BW-PC's dragon, as it sided with a trainer with a much less extreme view of his (simply Pokemon and humans living together rather than using Pokemon for the benefits of humans), and will capture this dragon. Ghetsis on the other hand, will go after Kyurem, and after having captured it, will use it to take revenge on his "son" (subtely hinted at by NPC's to be Akuroma's long lost twin brother, but neither learn of this fact) by absorbing his dragon. Kyurem becomes wild and leaves Ghetsis' control, and is captured by the PC. Seeing the potential abuse humans can cause, Akuroma will disband his team as well, and his dragon being released, giving the PC a chance to capture it.

There will also be a special event that lets the PC bring back the Original Dragon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom