• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW080: Pokémon Sommelier Showdown! Tasting Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would laugh if this Taverne is our favourite Sommeliere in paper-thin disguise. The names カベルネ and タベルネ are awfully similar...
Hey, look at that! Did I call it or did I call it? Bahaha, this is great!

- Momocchi turns around and looks worried, as she looks down at something
- Cilan goes down to Momocchi's level to say something to her, she looks she as she holds onto Mr. Hattori
- Ash and Pikachu look through a couple of berry bushes
- A Female Frillish comes out of the water of the fountain, as Swanna swims around
- Iris appears behind a few potted plants to look at something
- Whimsicott and Petlill are sitting down next to each other sleeping.
- Tabernne/Burgundy in disguise jumps out of a bush with a white wig and white moustache, while she yells
- Momocchi looks shy by Mr. Hattori, as Pinot Noir goes down to talk to her. He holds out his hand and Momocchi blushes
- Cilan crawls across the grass with a disgusted look on his face
- someone pulls Burgundy in disguise away by her arms
- Pinot Noir commands an attack
- Purrloin uses Fury Swipes on Crustle
- Cilan looks scared/upset
- Purrloin moves in to use Night Slash
- Momocchi shakes her head no, and cheers for someone
- Cilan commands an attack
- Crustle uses X-Scissor
- Pinot Noir brings out Purrloin, as it stands up
- Cilan brings out Crustle

Burgundy's disguise is hilarious looking.

Cilan's scared face is priceless

Last edited:
Momocchi is creepier that I thought. 0_0
Nice disguise Cabernet! XD

Am I the only one that thinks Burgundy's disguise is lame? I don't know why, it just doesn't look like a disguise more like formal clothing for a court hearing or something.

Oh well, hope the battle between Crustle and Purrloin will be good.

I didn't think it was possible, but I love Cabernet even more now. She is so over the top crazy-- but it is just so fitting for to try to pull something off like this. I'm excited for Dento's reaction when he discovers it's her.

Guys, where are you getting Cabernet from? She's not in the preview...

Burgundy is apparently disguised as an old man and is hiding in the bushes. I wonder if she has some sort of connection with the COTD in this episode.

Other than that, we are getting two pokemon debuts in this episode, and they seem to be nothing more than background characters.

Burgundy is apparently disguised as an old man and is hiding in the bushes.

Know what that reminds me of?

126.jpg

Granted, Paul only LOOKED like an old man and hiding never was his thing, but dammit he often stood in the bushes. Staring. Angrily. And didn't care if he was found.

I love this show so much.

I see Cabernet has been raiding the Rocket's old disguises.

If they could always fool the twerps, no reason she can't think it will also work.

Oh, I am curious to why Dento's crawling on the floor behind a brick wall, almost stuck to the ground. I hope it's due to distrust, or something along those lines, of his fellow Sommeliers (especially that feminine-looking older man, well done Cabernet) and he wishes to know what they're really up to, what their intentions are. As, that would be just magically spicy; I'd enjoy a bit of tension amongst the Sommeliers.

Little girl looks so much like a Popolocrois character... People from Isshu amuse me.

Burgundy is apparently disguised as an old man and is hiding in the bushes.
Granted, Paul only LOOKED like an old man and hiding never was his thing, but dammit he often stood in the bushes. Staring. Angrily. And didn't care if he was found.

I know it's kind of off-topic but all the time someone mention Paul + old man I think of that guy from the Wynaut episode... That flashback.

Anyway lol. I wonder if Cabernet will notice Dento's fear of Purrloin... It would be kind of funny to see her going "Aha! Mwahaha, now I know his greatest weakness! >8D" and use it in a future episode (please not another fail!disguise, though xD). It would be a nice opportunity to reveal the reasons behind that phobia...

Last edited:
For something as small and quick as Purrloin, I would've expected Cilan to use Pansage. Ugh, Crustle again. :(

Momochi looks even more creepy, but Cabernet is climbing the ranks of likability again. She's just so nutty that it's interesting what will she come up with next. Speaking of, I'm hoping Pinot becomes a serious rival to Cilan, as Cabby is the comedic one that's not really taken seriously.

I want lil' Cilan flashbacks, pleeeeeeaase writers?

- Burgundy is being held by someone.
please be Dento

Clearly Cabernet subscribes to the "nobody ever suspects the fake mustache!" theory.

I will die if she pops out and everyone's like "oh, who are you? Tabernet, nice to meet you!" and Dento's like "wtf Cabernet what are you wearing I don't even."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom