• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Chandelure revealed as a fighter in Pokken!

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
entry27.jpg

Last edited:
Carracosta. Swampert would complete the startwe trio, but Carracosta would be a sleeper hit for the roster.

My most likely guess is that it will be Swampert, after all, we already had Blaziken and the last reveal was Sceptile, so you might as well complete the Hoenn starter set.

Carracosta. Swampert would complete the startwe trio, but Carracosta would be a sleeper hit for the roster.

That's the thing though... So far this game isn't going out of its way to include Pokemon like Carracosta. It's mostly sticking to big fan favourites - ok Weavile and Suicune aren't THAT popular, but they are popular enough unlike Carracosta.

So at this point I'm mostly cynical about the game's roster and I expect it to just be full of the standard popular fare we've come to expect. Which makes sense I suppose because they want the game to sell.

Because of this I'm expecting Scizor and Garchomp to be included. I would like Scizor though. Its mecha-Mega would be so cool in motion here. However Garchomp can go die I'm sick of that thing.

Yeah, but the thing is, 50 staff members were polled about the Pokemon and these were the results.

– My prediction is correct! I’m really happy! – 1
– My prediction missed, but I’m still glad – 13
– My prediction missed, I’m salty – 31
– I’m actually perplexed, so I can’t answer – 5

So if it was Swampert, I doubt only one person could have guessed it. And the salty remark just screams "outsider".

I'm hoping it'll be Quilava, Umbreon, Mightyena, Manectric, Luxray, or Zoroark.

I was expecting and hoping for Swampert because of the blue and orange, but... After that poll was posted, it doesn't seem all that likely. He'll probably get in sometime after, anyway.

Yeah, but the thing is, 50 staff members were polled about the Pokemon and these were the results.

So if it was Swampert, I doubt only one person could have guessed it. And the salty remark just screams "outsider".

I'll be happy if it is a really big underdog (and not Swampert - because it's way too predictable and boring) choice though because so far the roster is incredibly boring outside of Suicune and that's only managing to be interesting because it's not bipedal. Which says a lot.

So if we take the blue text as a hint of the colour of the Pokemon we get these:
Vileplume
Tentacruel
Gyarados
Lanturn
Heracross
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Swampert
Manectric
Latios
Luxray
Rampardos
Drifblim
Chatot
Lumineon
Stoutland
Carracosta
Vanilluxe
Chandelure
Hydreigon

This is also assuming the Pokemon isn't a NFE.

I'm not even going to try and guess it now. I'd still like Heracross (even though it's not an underdog really). A lot. I'll wait and see.

I'm hoping it'll be Quilava, Umbreon, Mightyena, Manectric, Luxray, or Zoroark.

I was expecting and hoping for Swampert because of the blue and orange, but... After that poll was posted, it doesn't seem all that likely. He'll probably get in sometime after, anyway.

I don't think the orange/brown part matters, it was the same colour in Sceptile's tease (it's why some thought Chesnaught). This time the green text turned to blue though.

Last edited:
Vanilluxe would be crazy good as well. I can see its moveset based on skating/floating about, with topnlike spinning being its main way of attacking. Hitmontop would fit that style as well, its the signature fighting style of Himontop obviously, but the idea of beating the crap out of another player with an ice crean cone is just delicious.

but what if.....they weren't given a clue?

I don't think they would've posted the poll if they didn't give them the same information. Either way, it seems that they're implying it's an addition not easily guessed, so I doubt it'd be an obvious choice.

Xerneas!

It's got the blue motif going for it, as well as being Quadrupedal like Suicune, so clearly implementable.

The "salty" comment could also be a hint towards the sea, aka Kyogre? Blue, and from ORAS.

So those are my 2 guesses

Kyogre and Xerneas

Xerneas!

It's got the blue motif going for it, as well as being Quadrupedal like Suicune, so clearly implementable.

The "salty" comment could also be a hint towards the sea, aka Kyogre? Blue, and from ORAS.

So those are my 2 guesses

Kyogre and Xerneas

It's neither of those because they don't fit the "ラ" clue.

Of the potential candidates (based on the letter clue), I'd personally like to see:

- Lanturn (favorite Water type; I wouldn't mind Lapras but Lapras is already an assist)
- Raikou (still-favorite legendary ever)
- Manectric or Luxray
- Tyrantrum

But that's just the ones I'd look forward to playing.

Ok after looking at the list, I'm gonna go with Hydrei
It's neither of those because they don't fit the "ラ" clue.

Oops my bad, I'll go for either Swampert, Hydreigon or Heracross then!

I really think that it'll be Heracross. I kno it's prolly one of the more boring guesses, but I think it would be cool to have Heracross as the new addition. Could b a good hard hitting fighter that isn't super slow.

if it's hydreigon maybe I'll actually consider buying this game

I wouldn't bet on it tho, its body style is a tad awkward for this sort of game
not any more awkward than suicune's I guess, but it's still a point against it

Well Corocoro leaked and both Braixen and Garchomp are playable (yes, Braixen not Delphox). Unles Bulbapedia has their names down wrong then neither of these two match the clue we were given, so they aren't the ones that's going to be revealed on Friday it seems.

corocoro2163.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom