• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Chandelure revealed as a fighter in Pokken!

Braixen, Garchomp & standard Mewtwo confirmed. This is brilliant news. It needs more fighters.

I'm guessing Braixen was chosen over Delphox due to its prominence in the anime with Serena. Plus a new fighter reveal on the 15th! Lots of good news all around this month.

Braixen, Garchomp & standard Mewtwo confirmed. This is brilliant news. It needs more fighters.

I'm guessing Braixen was chosen over Delphox due to its prominence in the anime with Serena. Plus a new fighter reveal on the 15th! Lots of good news all around this month.
It's nice to see that Pikachu isn't the only NFE Pokémon too.

I suppose Frogadier being a support doesn't rule out Greninja now that Fennekin is a support and Braixen is playable too. (Seriously why not Chesnaught instead of Braixen dammit.) As one predictable entry is revealed (Garchomp), Greninja takes its place on the list.

However Braixen makes Friday's reveal that bit more exciting because I think no one expected Braixen. The choice of Braixen over Delphox is interesting though.

Yeah, but the thing is, 50 staff members were polled about the Pokemon and these were the results.

– My prediction is correct! I’m really happy! – 1
– My prediction missed, but I’m still glad – 13
– My prediction missed, I’m salty – 31
– I’m actually perplexed, so I can’t answer – 5

So if it was Swampert, I doubt only one person could have guessed it. And the salty remark just screams "outsider".

I have no idea how the person who translated that got "salty" out of 悔しい. Not even Google Translate produces such an unnatural and misleading translation.

"Frustrated" or "embarrassed" are much, much better.

Braixen is a nice addition. I'm curious who the fighter with "ra" in their Japanese name is though. xD

I'd glad it's Braixen and not Delphox..................... I don't even see them evolving Serena's Braixen at all in the anime too if I'm honest. As long as Braixen gets some cool twig/psychic move animations, I'm good, much better than Delphox. Garchomp, eh, I can see why, I half expected it and I'm not complaining about it, love me some good Landshark havoc.

This is random but I wish Eevee wasn't a support Pokémon, that way they could make Eevee have a unique battling style, in that it's burst mode attack could be evolving into one of it's evolutions and then possibly reverting back (just for Pokkén sake), but wouldn't make much sense as only megas work that way.... nice idea though.

*sobs* I'll never get to play Pokkén as Jolteon.

So we can confirm that these characters are not the character to be revealed on the 15th, or...?

So we can confirm that these characters are not the character to be revealed on the 15th, or...?

Yep, none of three revealed in Corocoro have the Japanese character in the clue. So the 15th will be another new addition.

My friend is not going to be happy since Braixen was chosen over Delphox, because he badly wanted Delphox in Pokken after he was disappointed it wasn't in SSB4. Honestly I think Delphox would make a lot more sense than Braixen because after all, when more Mega Evolutions are introduced, it will be Delphox that gets the Mega and not Braixen.

Mewtwo and Garchomp, however, were inevitable to be in the game (I still question why they made Dragonite a support, it fits more as a player than an Assist Trophy-type character). I'm still waiting on Mienshao to be in the game though.

My friend is not going to be happy since Braixen was chosen over Delphox, because he badly wanted Delphox in Pokken after he was disappointed it wasn't in SSB4. Honestly I think Delphox would make a lot more sense than Braixen because after all, when more Mega Evolutions are introduced, it will be Delphox that gets the Mega and not Braixen.

Mewtwo and Garchomp, however, were inevitable to be in the game (I still question why they made Dragonite a support, it fits more as a player than an Assist Trophy-type character). I'm still waiting on Mienshao to be in the game though.

I think it makes more sense for them to have chosen Braixen over Delphox in this case. If Delphox gets in and suddenly it gets a Mega Evolution or the same thing as Ash-Greninja in the games... They'd probably want to update the power-up to that. That and Serena has Braixen right now.

Also, I would imagine it'd be because Charizard and Dragonite would be similar? I dunno, just throwing that out there. Someone suggested it one time.

I mean, to be fair to them, Braixen is really cute. They probably chose it because of the anime, yes, but then again... what if Serena's Braixen ends up evolving? In the meantime, I guess I'll just sit here and wait for Abomasnow.

Hoping this new fighter is a Generation 5 Pokemon, because so far, none of the fighters are from that Generation. Chandelure or Reuniclus sounds good right about now.

Thanks for reading.

Hoping this new fighter is a Generation 5 Pokemon, because so far, none of the fighters are from that Generation. Chandelure or Reuniclus sounds good right about now.

Thanks for reading.

I would love love love Reuniclus! Chandelure would be cool as well. (Both make my signature, so both are worthy of my approval :p)

Hopefully it is Gen V anyway. Wouldn't even mind another Gen VI because the weight of earlier gens to later gens in this game is really disappointing at the moment.

Sorry for double post... but it's Chandelure!

entry27.jpg

I'm super happy! A Gen V representative AND one of my favourite Pokemon!

Although another Fire-type seems a bit overkill. But whatever.

Well, this IS interesting! :eek:

This might be even cooler than Suicune and Gengar! :D

At the very least it's refreshing to have another Pokémon who DOESN'T Mega-Evolve.

Still hoping Haluwcha gets in later...

Apparently there will be a video of it on the 31st. So now we wait.

This literally shocked me!! Sure it's a great addition, but compared to all of everyone's guesses (including my own of Heracross) it's so different!! I'm really looking forward to how it plays. I am glad tho they continue to put Pokemon that aren't necessarily the stereotypical fighting type looking Pokemon in it. That would get pretty boring lol

I'm shocked and excited at the same time, I didn't think it'd be playable, but I'm so happy to see that it is!

I can't wait to see how it plays, it's probably the most unique Pokémon body type-wise and I could see it being a lot of fun in action.

Well this was a surprise, apart from the guy who listed every candidate, I only saw one other person mention Chandelure.

I've always liked the look of this Pokemon, (never got to use it on my team though as it appeared to late in Black) so consider it a welcome addition. Have never been a fan of Swampert, but still must suck to be the only Hoenn starter left out.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom