• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Chandelure revealed as a fighter in Pokken!

I mean... cool? I'm all for that gorgeous model, but I can't see how it'll be useful?

Gen V represent! After Carracosta, this was my top choice. Too many fire types imo, but its a price I'd gladly pay when it involves sentient chandeliers.One of my favorite ghost type, and one of the funkiest designs in the series. All the game needs now is something really random, like Shuckle or Corsola and the roster is complete.

I'd glad it's Braixen and not Delphox..................... I don't even see them evolving Serena's Braixen at all in the anime too if I'm honest. As long as Braixen gets some cool twig/psychic move animations, I'm good, much better than Delphox.
Not only Delphox > Braixen, but it is also stupid to not evolve a Pokémon. Then again Serena does seem to be quite the stupid person, so idk. Anyways, even though Delphox would have been a much better pick, I am glad Braixen is in the game instead of Greninja or even Chesnaught (who would have been cool, too).

Also, I hope we get Samurott (or Dewott) instead of Swampert, though that is unlikely to happen.

Chandelure WTF.

While this is cool, and I like Chandelure, I just never expected it to happen as it looks so impractical for a fighting game. It's a damn chandelier. Then again, Suicune doesn't look like fighting game material, but here we are. And there's video coming on the 31st? I can't wait to see that, if only to see how Chandelure will fight.

Not only Delphox > Braixen, but it is also stupid to not evolve a Pokémon. Then again Serena does seem to be quite the stupid person, so idk.
Yes, because in anime characters can evolve their Pokemon just like that? And why insult Serena?

Chandelure being included as a fighter also means that "background" Pokemon aren't off limits, as it was previously seen as a background mon in the Spooky Mansion stage (or w/e it's called).

So Braixen opens up not fully evolved Pokemon and Pokemon related to support Pokemon (Fennekin is a support) as options, while Chandelure opens up background Pokemon and Pokemon with really awkward body shapes (for a fighting game anyway).

Depending on how many Pokemon will be in the final roster things could get really interesting with the next reveals.

Chandelure WTF.

While this is cool, and I like Chandelure, I just never expected it to happen as it looks so impractical for a fighting game. It's a damn chandelier. Then again, Suicune doesn't look like fighting game material, but here we are. And there's video coming on the 31st? I can't wait to see that, if only to see how Chandelure will fight.
I think its good that Pokken is representing Pokemon with non-humanoid or animal body types so that we can see how these types of Pokemon would battle in a more naturalistic setting.

I'm glad Chandelure made it in! Hopefully they include more non-bipedals, so far we just have Suicune and Chandelure.

And there's news of Pachirisu, Magikarp, Croagunk, and Sylveon being Support Pokemon.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I was hoping Sylveon would be a fighter, but at least it's better than being a background Pokemon.

I wonder, is there an evolutipn mechanic or an unlock evolutipn mechanic? Cause Eevee and Sylveon could be something gameplay related, meanwule Fennekin being used as a support a lot could be an unlock method for Braixen in the main roster.

Oh,and screenshots for Chandelure give it stretchy arms. Expected, but there could be surprises for it.

I like the fact that Braixen is in Pokken. After seeing how nimble and acrobatic it is in the anime, it'll be a cool concept to be employed in a fighting game. Not to mention, it has near access to all of Delphox's moves (then again, they can use creative licensing and simply give it things such as Mystical Fire or Dazzling Gleam).

And to everyone who wants Delphox over Braixen, think of it this way-she's fulfilling the cute girl fighter niche that several fighting games have, such as Ling Xianyu in Tekken.

The way it laughs in that video, I get some serious skull kid vibes from it.

I'm not complaining, I LOVE Chandelure, but it seems like an odd choice. Especially since like half the roster consists of fire types.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom