• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Christmas Mafia! ENDGAME: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Town Win!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main concern right now with Elie is that I can't even learn between town or scum with the post he put forth. He suggested that cop check him. I'm don't know if cop should check Elie just yet because I suspect that Mafia would go for Elie as their first night kill. In fact, I would be shocked given Elie's meta that they don't try] to NK him. If that's the case, then cop would be wasting a read.

I don't know if there's a way to know that Elie is town at this stage of the game. There could be another way to see if Elie is probably town or not, but it is a lot more risky and the stars would have to align in town's favor. I don't even if it's even possible.

That's a fair point @Pikochu. If the mafia chooses to kill Elieson the same night the cop checks him, then it's a wasted cop check.

A few things to consider:
1. Is the mafia going to risk offing one of their players this early in the game? A 1-1 trade is usually not in the mafia's best interests, especially in a game where there might be only 3-4 of them.
2. The Doctor could also protect Elieson the same night the cop checks him. That means the check would not be in vain.
Downside of this possibility: what if Elieson is some sort of Mafia Granny or Paranoid Gun Owner that kills everyone that performs a night action on him? We'd lose both a cop and a doctor. That said, I've only seen these roles as a negative utility Town allied role and I think it would be OP for scum to have that role.
3. Did anybody actually give Elieson a muffin yet? That's probably pretty harmless...unless there actually is a muffin item in this game. I don't know anything about this flavor, so for all I know there could be...

We need to consolidate. Evidently, I'm grasping at straws as far as pushing Enzap for anything. Sucks not knowing any player meta around here, but maybe the fresh perspective in general is a good thing. Two games of meta is hardly an analysis to rely on.

Well, of course, but thing is, most players are new anyway. Enzap and Rainbow Cloud debut with this game, as for Bandito this is his second game, you've played more than him in this site alone since it's your third... so I don’t know their metas either :(

Dragelsnart and Bandido are like the first two people that jump to my mind when I think of just lynching somebody, and unless somebody has a reason to not lynch one of them, I honestly wouldn't withhold my vote. Bandido being the first person to sign up, confirming but not yet making a post doesn't do him any favours. Meta!Dragelsnart at least has that in his favor [no offense bro but I half-expected you to be inactive].

This is only Bandito's second game (first was Hogwarts, he was PaulTheProtist there). So this behaviour isn't necessarily scummy.

Meta!Dragelsnart is indeed correct but how come you know about it, I think you've never played with him before...

My main concern right now with Elie is that I can't even learn between town or scum with the post he put forth. He suggested that cop check him. I'm don't know if cop should check Elie just yet because I suspect that Mafia would go for Elie as their first night kill. In fact, I would be shocked given Elie's meta that they don't try] to NK him. If that's the case, then cop would be wasting a read.

I don't know if there's a way to know that Elie is town at this stage of the game. There could be another way to see if Elie is probably town or not, but it is a lot more risky and the stars would have to align in town's favor. I don't even if it's even possible.

Elie claimed Bomb, which means that if he's town and scum try to NK him a scum will die alongside Elie.

This should make scum extremely reluctant to NK Elie if he is indeed town. Cop can check him, however, even if they get town, Elie can be Godfather...

The simplest way to figure out if Elie is town is wait. If no one counterclaims Bomb Elie's probably town. So, yeah, ME raised up some really good points, all I want to add is how Elie’s claimed role works because it looks like you didn’t understand it right away.

1. Is the mafia going to risk offing one of their players this early in the game? A 1-1 trade is usually not in the mafia's best interests, especially in a game where there might be only 3-4 of them.

The main issue is that it would be Mafia's best interest to test it is now. They can risk getting rid of 1 right now so they don't have to feel the wrath of Elie in later phases.

Assuming that Elie is town, Elie is good at deducing who is scum and uniting town, even if he gets NK'd later on. Elie is much more useful during mid and late game when deduction becomes much more easy and where roles starts to matter. Hence, Mafia has an incentive to risk killing off their own in hopes it pays heavy dividends for them later and to the detriment of town.

If I'm scum and pulling a gambit, I need to be:

Godfather
Or
Granny, and multiple deaths imply such p.much immediately, especially if they include active and practical PRs
Muffin lover. It's not game related in any way, I just wanted a muffin. Today I want some Kit Kat

Otherwise there is zero benefit to me doing this at all. Town has reason to disteust my claim but tbh I'm assuming that the Doc would consider protecting me and the cop and/or tracker/slash/Roleblockers/slash/whatever would be on me too, just to verify stuff.

As far as Meta goes, I remember dragelsnart flaking hard in Dr Whofia. I forgot that Bandido was Paul, but last game he was just active enough to have presence so idk. He still hasn't posted and never gave reason pregame as to being busy so that's a thing that's at least worth acknowledging.

As far as Metas go...hell its something to work with until we get content so *shrugs*

There is a motivation for you to claim bomb early in this game, which is assuming that you're town, it would be a deterrent for you to get NK'd in Night 1. However, the implication is that now you kinda reduced the price for Mafia to kill you, effectively making it a 1 for 1 trade instead of 2-3 trade for 1, though from my (and only) experience as scum, 1 vote is usually enough for a NK. This seems to be a case of WIFOM type of deal.

I think the best way to find you who you are Elie is have cop and doctor do their roles on you so that we at least have reasonable confirmation. That of course assumes cop and doctor exists and they can figure out who's who.

To Doctor and Cop: Please message me

There is a motivation for you to claim bomb early in this game, which is assuming that you're town, it would be a deterrent for you to get NK'd in Night 1. However, the implication is that now you kinda reduced the price for Mafia to kill you, effectively making it a 1 for 1 trade instead of 2-3 trade for 1, though from my (and only) experience as scum, 1 vote is usually enough for a NK. This seems to be a case of WIFOM type of deal.

I think the best way to find you who you are Elie is have cop and doctor do their roles on you so that we at least have reasonable confirmation. That of course assumes cop and doctor exists and they can figure out who's who.

To Doctor and Cop: Please message me

Why should the Cop and/or Doctor trust you more than Elieson? Just because Elieson is leaning Town when reading you, doesn't mean you're anymore confirmed Town than he is.

I say we go with the meta and lynch ME, that's never failed us before

I won't even dignify this with a response other than "I won't even dignify this with a response."

2686381263dfadb0698512059b5e41a9.jpg

Also, been a little while since I posted one of these:
rhzjgf.jpg

Elie, I was to see if I can get both cop and doctor to get information about you.

And yes, I will be on Skype, though I'm hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom