• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Doki Doki Battling Club - Halloween 2023 Event Feedback & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not having a problem with Nemona showing up. I use the "Bulbagarden Classic [Alternate] Style". I have not seen her except when I am logging out and when I am logging in. I also did notice at one point that the sidebar was on the side even when I was reading one of the threads. That seems to have been fixed.

Huh. Not certain why that's happened. I'm getting ready for a weekly Twitch stream right now, but I'll try to take a look later today after I've finished the stream and getting through our daily news backlog.

Can you confirm that you're able to switch her off via preferences? That might be easiest for now.

Oh. So Nemona being up on the Christmas 2022 style isn't normal. :( I like using this style and I think Nemona adds a bit of levity. Guess I have to hope I'll like using the Dark Nemona style.

Quick bug report: Some of Nemona's responses use the username of the account. However, Nemona still appears for guests who don't have accounts. This results in the text containing ",!" or similar, as the name would go between the comma and the ending punctuation.

Attachments

• chrome_screenshot_Oct 15, 2023 11_47_41 PM EDT.png
    chrome_screenshot_Oct 15, 2023 11_47_41 PM EDT.png
    392.9 KB · Views: 11
Oh. So Nemona being up on the Christmas 2022 style isn't normal. :( I like using this style and I think Nemona adds a bit of levity. Guess I have to hope I'll like using the Dark Nemona style.

Quick bug report: Some of Nemona's responses use the username of the account. However, Nemona still appears for guests who don't have accounts. This results in the text containing ",!" or similar, as the name would go between the comma and the ending punctuation.
Hmmm. I'll have to look at that. I was under the impression that'd say "Guest". I'll have to double-check that function. It may be a limitation of the Xenforo scripting.

Wait, WE HAVE AN AI HERE???? Oh my Arceus, I feel she's gonna watch me now (o o')

So, will she start popping up in the threads like an actual forum user? Or will she just remain as a little widget?

Yeah, she started showing up on my end, even though I'm using the "Year of the Dog" forum style. I don't mind her presence, but I feel like this isn't supposed to happen.

@Archaic You've made Nemona into an actual member?

Oh dear Arceus what have you done? Again, not sure if you intended this or if this is a bug (hard to tell without being a mind reader)

Either way, there is an actual bug here, it looks like she hasn't gotten mentions right (she also quotes and mentions the user, which seems kind of redundant).

Wow, <USER_111657>, is that ME? You got everything perfect!

Removed the direct quote just in case she ends up quoting me here.

Last edited:
@Archaic You've made Nemona into an actual member?

Oh dear Arceus what have you done?

Looks like she hasn't gotten mentions right though (she also quotes and mentions the user, which seems kind of redundant).

Removed the direct quote just in case she ends up quoting me here.
Buenas, <USER_66766>! Great timing! I'm Nemona. Would YOU like to battle? Get ready!

Aaaaannnnd she replied to me anyway. I guess she's programmed to reply when her name comes up?

If you haven't started working on this already, you should give her a custom ranking/badge so people know she's an A.I. and not a human user. A user title isn't going to be enough to convey that, anyone can write "Bulbagarden User Assistant" as their user title.

Last edited:
Aaaaannnnd she replied to me anyway. I guess she's programmed to reply when her name comes up?

If you haven't started working on this already, you should give her a custom ranking/badge so people know she's an A.I. and not a human user. A user title isn't going to be enough to convey that, anyone can write "Bulbagarden User Assistant" as their user title.
Oooh, I'll give her the V.I.P badge for now! -And the Tech Staff one! Good catch, thanks!! (she also has name italics too~)

It's only been 2 hours since she started posting and this is already utter madness. I am a little concerned that this is going to lead to spamming though, especially when she seems to be compelled to respond anytime someone replies to her or even includes her name. Not quite sure what the solution to that is though, I think you guys have just opened Pandora's Box with this one.

I’ve been poking around a bit and here is a current list of bugs with the Nemona account.

1. Improper mentioning of other users. (How the heck this one slipped by me during testing, I have no idea.) (High priority, probably easy fix.)

2. Mentions and quotes are a bit redundant, but I think it should only give one notification even if the mentions are fixed. (Low priority)

3. She seems to have challenged herself to a Pokémon battle:
While this isn’t surprising, it is unintended. (Low priority, because I find this amusing.)

4. While she did notice and respond to a post I made in F&G, she doesn’t quite get that some games need a prompt for the next poster to reply to.
This is going to be a tricky one, but I think we can try to teach her this manually. I don’t feel like poking around in her coding trying to add or edit a prompt for this. (Low priority. I hope she learns this on her own.)

5. Maaaaaaybe we should only have her respond when someone directly mentions her, instead of only saying her name? (High priority.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom