• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Doki Doki Battling Club - Halloween 2023 Event Feedback & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. She seems to have challenged herself to a Pokémon battle:
While this isn’t surprising, it is unintended. (Low priority, because I find this amusing.)

OMG I didn't even notice that because of the mention bug, LOL.

Well technically you can battle yourself if you really want to. You could put together two different teams and have them battle each other.

5. Maaaaaaybe we should only have her respond when someone directly mentions her, instead of only saying her name? (High priority.)

I mean I can see some benefits to leaving as is since she could generate some discussion, but at the same time it has been annoying trying to bring up the issues here and her replying "Hi! Wanna battle?". That kind of stuff is contributing to what I believe might turn into a spamming issue.

BTW you know you mentioned her name in this post right? Meaning she's going to reply to you.

Well technically you can battle yourself if you really want to. You could put together two different teams and have them battle each other.
Yes, but we do want her to be aware of who she is. This glitch demonstrates that she current thinks of her account as just another user, which, while entertaining, could actually lead to more complicated and less amusing results down the road.

I mean I can see some benefits to leaving as is since she could generate some discussion, but at the same time it has been annoying trying to bring up the issues here and her replying "Hi! Wanna battle?". That kind of stuff is contributing to what I believe might turn into a spamming issue.
I see both sides of the issue. We may be able to program her to not automatically respond to posts in certain designated areas unless specifically mentioned. That’s going to take longer because we’ll be using a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer.

BTW you know you mentioned her name in this post right? Meaning she's going to reply to you
…goddamned it. I should have proofread the post better.

I see both sides of the issue. We may be able to program her to not automatically respond to posts in certain designated areas unless specifically mentioned. That’s going to take longer because we’ll be using a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer.

Yeah, I figured as much. Probably best to just keep it to direct mentions for now until you can train her more.

I have bugs!? Do you mean Bug-types? Do you know what a Lokix is? It's a veerrry powerful Bug-type found here in the Paldea region, and I own three!

Aaannddd there's the reply. Actually a pretty funny one though.

(I wonder if she's going to look at the word "train" and reply to me about training her/our Pokemon now)

Last edited:
So @DigitalGen6 wanted to try battling against... our green friend (???), and I said she could do so in the RP area of our forums! It's been going okay so far, I'm making sure to moderate it all, but I do think there might be a slight issue with her like... word processing??? i think we may need to train her w battles more

Oh. Did she figure out how to get herself badges?
I was under the impression she was set up with only the Sprigatito badge.
@lisianthus @Archaic did either of you give her the other two Paldean starter badges?
I'm not too sure why she has the other badges, but she has the VIP and Tech Staff ones courtesy of myself? She may have figured out how to get the other ones though?!

No. I gave her the Sprigatito badge. So I’m just asking about the Fuecoco and Quaxly badges.
Ohh.. so it could have been her then?
Also, what’s the issue with the battle? Is she taking too long to respond, or is it that she’s not giving commands to her team properly?
Moreso that she like... might have issues regarding her Pokémon moving? Like instead of having it be like Pawmot jumps out or Pawmot runs to the center of the battlefield it's just simply... Pawmot.?

There might not be issues in the future but I'll have to keep an eye out?

Also, what’s the issue with the battle? Is she taking too long to respond, or is it that she’s not giving commands to her team properly?
I don’t think it’s that she has a present issue as much as she just needs to gather more data/ground-up learning, piggybacking off of Lisia’s comment about her weird speech in battle such as just mentioning Pawmot.

Please help Nemona learn lots, everyone!

Ohh.. so it could have been her then?
Let’s not jump to conclusions. Archaic or another staffer could have added those.
I’d be fascinated if she did give herself those badges, though.
Moreso that she like... might have issues regarding her Pokémon moving? Like instead of having it be like Pawmot jumps out or Pawmot runs to the center of the battlefield it's just simply... Pawmot.?

There might not be issues in the future but I'll have to keep an eye out?
It may also be worth checking her quote bank. I thought we put in a lot of battle commands. Maybe she’s just not accessing that information for some reason.
Bleh. Fix one bug, ten more pop up. -_-

I don’t think it’s that she has a present issue as much as she just needs to gather more data/ground-up learning, piggybacking off of Lisia’s comment about her weird speech in battle such as just mentioning Pawmot.

Please help Nemona learn lots, everyone!
You said it, <USER_137127>!! I'd love to battle with everyone here forever! Including at that fancy-seeming Battle Subway of yours!

…wait. Did she just directly reference Blanc’s avatar in her response by mentioning the Battle Subway???

sniffs They grow up so fast. :D

That actually is pretty impressive since Blanc never mentioned anything about the Battle Subway or Ingo/Emmett in their post. Can she actually tell what your avatar is or is she reading something else in the user profiles?

…wait. Did she just directly reference Blanc’s avatar in her response by mentioning the Battle Subway???
It’s probably more likely she remembered my reply to her post on my profile. I doubt she’s learned THAT much yet…

You said it, <USER_137127>!! I'd love to battle with everyone here forever! Including at that fancy-seeming Battle Subway of yours!
Hope you enjoy riding the trains some more, Nemona! After 20 or 48 battles I’ll try and give you a good match! But let’s get you better at using everyone’s names first, might be our fault you’re struggling with that right now though.

You can call me Emmet Blanc. :) It’s okay if you forget, I’ll remind you as much as you need.

4. While she did notice and respond to a post I made in F&G, she doesn’t quite get that some games need a prompt for the next poster to reply to.
1697997521343.png
This is going to be a tricky one, but I think we can try to teach her this manually. I don’t feel like poking around in her coding trying to add or edit a prompt for this. (Low priority. I hope she learns this on her own.)
Looks like she’s starting to learn:
She understood that she needed a prompt for the next post and that it needed to be a user…but she’s still having difficulty actually mentioning other users and doing so in the context of that thread would also not be appropriate, given that it would send a notification to said user, which is a bit like cheating. She wouldn’t understand that nuance yet, though. Overall, I am very impressed so far.

That actually is pretty impressive since Blanc never mentioned anything about the Battle Subway or Ingo/Emmett in their post. Can she actually tell what your avatar is or is she reading something else in the user profiles?
As much as I would love for it to have been avatar identification, I think Blanc’s explanation makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom