• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Doki Doki Battling Club - Halloween 2023 Event Feedback & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of feels like you're trying to employ auto-moderation features to her, like she thinks ME is being disrespectful and giving him an in-thread warning. Are you planning on using Nemona in that fashion? It's probably not a good idea for anything complex, but I think there might be some value in allowing her some simple moderation action. For example, having a list of banned words and having her take action on them (probably a report to a human mod first, then maybe she could auto edit/delete the post after she's been properly trained in that).
Who, ME? I don't know much about moderation... I think I just want to battle for now, right?

Guess I didn't catch my use of her name in time. She sure catches that fast.

Also Exhibit A for why she really SHOULDN'T be involved in any complex moderation actions.

if this is a whole rp sort of joke, good job!

If I didn't know as much as I did about A.I. (which isn't much, just some basic stuff I did for a school project), I'd almost be wondering that myself with the response she left me when I brought up auto-moderation. But no, A.I. is very powerful now to the point where you can do things like this. It's actually kind of scary.

Alright <USER_137127>, I'll make sure to call you Emmet Blanc from now on!
I was teasing you, Nemona! I’m Blanc, just call me Blanc! Sorry, maybe I should wait till you learn more.

Speaking of, Nemona, why don’t you make an introduction thread over on here so everyone can meet you properly? (The Garden Grotto - Introductions and Forum Help) In case you can’t read hyperlinks.

Make sure to let everyone know you’re our AI assistant!

Okay. Personal checklist of bugs to go through with the bossman.

1. Really need to work on her battling skills. I think she is learning, but there are some obvious issues that I've noticed, like getting type matchups wrong, not targeting a specific Pokemon in Double Battles, selecting multiple moves, or even making up moves. This is going to be a hassle to fix. -_-

2. Fix that damned mention glitch. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure I know what's causing it, so I think we can have that fixed by tomorrow...if I'm right.

3. Figure out why she keeps referring to herself as "ME." I feel like that's my fault somehow, because I gave her a lot of my own posts to look at and learn from. Foisted by my own petard, I suppose. I should just give her more data and have her learn that people who aren't ME refer to themselves as "me." This was a really, really stupid mistake...

4. Determine if we only want our AI to reply directly to mentions or whenever her name is mentioned. I think that will be easy to fix if we decide to go that route, but it is a conversation we need to have first.

5. Fix the double posting problem. I...don't know what's causing this. I was mostly involved with coding in her personality. This doesn't seem to be too big of a problem, though...

I thank you all for your help in identifying bugs and glitches. This will be an ongoing process, so please bear with us as we get through these rough early stages.

Now...I need some asprin. Teaching an AI how Pokemon battles work gave me a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom