• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Certain non-evolving Pokemon (Absol, etc) could use an evo, I suppose, but PLEASE, GF, no pointless baby pre-evos... Especially not if they involve some special breeding method, like hold items!

Galvantula could use an evolution in my opinion, though it's somewhat difficult to envision one since it's already a big, hairy tarantula. It's already a pretty awesome Pokémon, its stats are just a little lacking.

Also yes to a Sableye evolution if only for Eviolite Sableye.

Anyone else seen these Mr XY rumours?? (I'm in such dire need of any kind of news at the moment that reading rumours assuages the hunger somewhat ^^;; )

While I think he's largely full of crap, a Pinsir prevo and evo would be cool, and I'd love to see Houndoom go full on Cerberus. He's also promised a porpoise-looking Pokemon, which has been a dream of mine for a while now.

They have never given any Pokemon another evolution when it already evolved via evolution stone. I don't think they should, too. It feels artificial.

Certain non-evolving Pokemon (Absol, etc) could use an evo, I suppose, but PLEASE, GF, no pointless baby pre-evos... Especially not if they involve some special breeding method, like hold items!

I am in the same boat as you on Absol. btw first time I saw Arceus I thought Absol evolution, any one else?

I am in the same boat as you on Absol. btw first time I saw Arceus I thought Absol evolution, any one else?

I remember scrolling down Serebii's list, in the early coverage days, and having the same thought, nice to know I wasn't the only one.

Of course, I quickly turned around, since a normal Pokémon wouldn't evilve into a legendary.

Also, I don't think Absol will evolve, it doesn't need to.

Normal/Light (If it really is a new type) and Poison/Light evolutions of Zangoose and Seviper: Infragoose and Ultraviper

Third evolutions of the simians. Orangusear, Chimpour, Gorilisage.
MY BOY MARACTUS NEEDS AN EVOLUTION.
SO DOES MY BOY SIGILYPH
Joltik/Galvantula needs a third. Tarantesla?
Druddigon.
Heatmor.
Durant.

SO DOES MY BOY SIGILYPH
Druddigon.
Heatmor.
Durant.

Something else along the lines of the monkeys that I wouldn't be surprised to see is an electric one. Pan/simisurge.

SO DOES MY BOY SIGILYPH
Druddigon.
Heatmor.
Durant.

Something else along the lines of the monkeys that I wouldn't be surprised to see is an electric one. Pan/simisurge.
The fourth monkey is "Think no evil".
Psychic type.
Pansuna/Simisuna (supernatural, sun)
Pancurse/Simicurse (self-explanitory)
Panhex/Simihex (see Pancurse)
Panrano/Simirano (paranormal)
Pansense/Simisense
Pankines/Simikines (telekinesis)
Panfaith/Simifaith
Maybe a master Pan/Simi, ala a Trio/Quartet master.

I want:
-Donphan to evolve into a huge threatening elephant. Could also be done as a parallel to a new Musharna evolution
-Steelix to evolve into a jaw-dropping Diamondix and gain the ability to do damage
-Wailord to evolve into a huge pokemon that is actually difficult to kill
-Tropius to evolve into a dinosaur that is actually giant, and have great stats.
-Ursaring to evolve into some horrifying monster with better stats

Basically, they have been screwing up with the pokemon giants for a long time. It's time to fix these ones.

Optional. Some small pokemon that could become giants:
-Octillery to evolve into a kraken-like creature (or Gyarados evolving into the kraken, but that might be a little excessive)
-Torkoal to evolve into a giant form and possibly gain another type
-I feel like Relicanth could become something fearsome
-A Hindenburg-esque Drifblim evolution that multiplies its size by a factor of 10
-Arbok to evolve into a basilisk creature (or seviper, or dunsparce actually)
-I fear what this could become, but maybe a mega-hippo evolution of Hippowdon on the level of pseudo-legendaries

Relicanth shouldn't evolve, imo.

A Pokemon whose inspiration is a fish that's defining feature is that they're a "living fossil" evolving seems like going against its theme.

Heatmor! Heatmor should definitely have one of those armored-up, on-steroids evolutions.

This hasn't happened yet, since the Pokemon we've gotten are clearly the Starters and Legendaries, but pre-Gen IV, pretty much EVERY FUCKING POKEMON they revealed people instantly jumped on the "it's a new evolution/baby Pokemon!". This happened a bit for Gen V, with Alomomola (which I can see), and Bouffalant, but it was quashed earlier when they announced it'd be purely Gen V during the main campaign. But man, in Gen IV, since we knew we were getting new baby and evolutions, it was crazy...Drapion evolved from Gligar, Burmy was a pre-evolution of Pineco, Carnivine split-off from Weepinbell, Kricketot was a "Tyrouge" for Volbeat and Illumise, even one I saw who thought, and seriously argued, that Cranidos evolved into Lucario. The funny thing is, besides Kricketot who popped up in a demo first, they never hid new evolutions from us, they always plainly stated when that was the case such as for Electivire and Roserade.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to getting some New Pokemon just to see which of the 649 Pokemon people will link them to. :p

This hasn't happened yet, since the Pokemon we've gotten are clearly the Starters and Legendaries, but pre-Gen IV, pretty much EVERY FUCKING POKEMON they revealed people instantly jumped on the "it's a new evolution/baby Pokemon!". This happened a bit for Gen V, with Alomomola (which I can see), and Bouffalant, but it was quashed earlier when they announced it'd be purely Gen V during the main campaign.

I remember there was also the people who thought that Gothitelle was related to Jynx, Gigalith was a Nosepass-split evolution, Munna was the pre-evolved form of Drowzee and Galvantula was related to Ariados. Good times, good times. I would honestly be surprised if it doesn't happen again though.

This hasn't happened yet, since the Pokemon we've gotten are clearly the Starters and Legendaries, but pre-Gen IV, pretty much EVERY FUCKING POKEMON they revealed people instantly jumped on the "it's a new evolution/baby Pokemon!". This happened a bit for Gen V, with Alomomola (which I can see), and Bouffalant, but it was quashed earlier when they announced it'd be purely Gen V during the main campaign.

I remember there was also the people who thought that Gothitelle was related to Jynx, Gigalith was a Nosepass-split evolution, Munna was the pre-evolved form of Drowzee and Galvantula was related to Ariados. Good times, good times. I would honestly be surprised if it doesn't happen again though.
Gigalith is the only one that works out of the those. :/ And nah, since we know that a lot of old Pokemon might get pre-evo's or evo's, anything until stated will be stand alone. Grasping at straws won't happen this gen, I can just tell.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom