• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expanded evolution lines of previous Pokemon you'd like to see?

Uh, no, the fact that we can assume we're getting pre-evos and evolutions will mean we'll see more evolutions theories when standalone Pokemon are revealed.

Although I did forget those other Gen V speculations, lol.

I would like a baby to connect Tauros and Miltank as for evolutions i can't really think of anything though i agree with many of the earlier posters ideas. Ill get back to this thread later more than likely however

I want them to connect Tauros with Bouffalant. They had an opportunity and they failed miserably (like with Luvdisc) just because they wanted to sever ties with the other regions -_- Maybe a baby to connect with Miltank, and like with Tyrogue baby males with a higher attack go on to be Bouffalant while males with a higher speed go on to be Tauros. Or maybe cut out gender requirements and let ones with a higher defense be Miltanks.

I think a dewgong evo would be pretty cool. It could turn into a narwhal sort of thing? It could work :p

I would like a baby to connect Tauros and Miltank as for evolutions i can't really think of anything though i agree with many of the earlier posters ideas. Ill get back to this thread later more than likely however

I want them to connect Tauros with Bouffalant. They had an opportunity and they failed miserably (like with Luvdisc) just because they wanted to sever ties with the other regions -_- Maybe a baby to connect with Miltank, and like with Tyrogue baby males with a higher attack go on to be Bouffalant while males with a higher speed go on to be Tauros. Or maybe cut out gender requirements and let ones with a higher defense be Miltanks.

Tauros and Bouffalant aren't related at all.

One's a bull, the other's a bison with an afro. Two distinct animals with different themes.

Tauros and Bouffalant aren't related at all.

One's a bull, the other's a bison with an afro. Two distinct animals with different themes.

I always thought of Tauros as being a sort of buffalo, you know with its mane and large shoulder hump and everything. Or at the very least an aurochs, which was also very district from modern milk cows, which is what a miltank is. And bison are very commonly interbred with cattle to create beefalo, so they can be raised in the same environment. Hell, Miltank is bipedal and more like a bovine Chansey than anything. At least Tauros and Bouffalant look kind of similar and are both chargers. And Lotad is a lily pad that turns into a pineapple duck with a sombrero so score one for pokemon logic :p (I know, I know; they share a water plant theme)

Last edited:
But Tauros doesn't have any other connection to Bouffalant whose motif is the whole "afro", whereas Tauros, apart from being a bull, has a slight connection to stars (being named after a constellation in Japan and English), so that's why there's no reason to connect them.

The Lotad-line follows up the lilly-pad/kappa theme throughout the line.

But Tauros doesn't have any other connection to Bouffalant whose motif is the whole "afro", whereas Tauros, apart from being a bull, has a slight connection to stars (being named after a constellation in Japan and English), so that's why there's no reason to connect them.

The Lotad-line follows up the lilly-pad/kappa theme throughout the line.

Yeah, a kappa that suddenly turns Mexican xD I have no point, I just think Ludicolo is hilarious :D

Oh, and both Tauros and Bouffalant represent Taurus in their respective regions' horoscopes

That's just because it's the only Pokemon close to a bull in the Unova Dex.

There's really no reason to hone in on these two examples where we have plenty of other groups of Pokemon that are similar and the idea of a connecting evolution/pre-evolution doesn't get brought up about, don't get why people are so hooked on this idea with two Bull Pokemon who only share similar body-shapes and are simply both bovine.

And Tauros was the only bull before Gen V.
And Fennekin should've been baby Vulpix and Oshawot should've been baby Buizel, going by this logic.

It's just a thing with me, I guess. Other than the Luvdisc-Alomola fiasco those are the only two cross-generational Pokemon I mentally link...there's just something about them that seems related to me. Like the only other things that comes close is Munna reminding me very vaguely of a feminine Drowzee, with how they're themed around dreams, or Emolga and Pachirisu being their generations' token electric rodents and both are squirrels, but either example would be like tenth cousins at best, kind of like how deer and cattle are both ungulates or how camels and llamas are juuust related enough to breed. Not even remotely the same thing, but you can kind of see a resemblance if you think about it.

But Bouffalant just screams Bigger Tauros to me...even with the hair, it's like Tauros grew his hair out to headbutt better. But I guess I'm the only one, though.

Like stated, Tauros and Bouffalant are entirely different species.

I could see a Tauros and Miltank pr-evo, though. It would push the idea of gender evolutions (which I could see being a theme this generation); that being, if the baby is a male, it will evolve into Tauros, and if it's a female, it will evolve into Miltank. That's how it is in real life. Males are called bulls and females are called cows.

It's just a thing with me, I guess. Other than the Luvdisc-Alomola fiasco those are the only two cross-generational Pokemon I mentally link...there's just something about them that seems related to me. Like the only other things that comes close is Munna reminding me very vaguely of a feminine Drowzee, with how they're themed around dreams, or Emolga and Pachirisu being their generations' token electric rodents and both are squirrels, but either example would be like tenth cousins at best, kind of like how deer and cattle are both ungulates or how camels and llamas are juuust related enough to breed. Not even remotely the same thing, but you can kind of see a resemblance if you think about it.

But Bouffalant just screams Bigger Tauros to me...even with the hair, it's like Tauros grew his hair out to headbutt better. But I guess I'm the only one, though.

If this is you attitude about expies then why don't we just take all originals and combine them with their expies. Gen V is chock full of them! Hell, we can even have Zubat split evolve and become Woobat. We can just say that some Zubat wanted to become fluffy so they can better take hits.

I really liked the idea that one rumor had where Tauros' pre-evolution was based on Altair.

It'd really fit thematically.

I could see a Miltank/Tauros pre-evo, but not a Tauros/Bouffalant relationship. I mean, Tauros is all male, and Bouffalant can be either gender.

I could, however, see some sort of extinct megafauna evolution of Tauros. That could be cool. It could be based off an aurochs or something. Haha, Taurochs.

If this is you attitude about expies then why don't we just take all originals and combine them with their expies. Gen V is chock full of them! Hell, we can even have Zubat split evolve and become Woobat. We can just say that some Zubat wanted to become fluffy so they can better take hits.

Oh you're just taking what I said out of context. I explicitly stated that those two were the ONLY two I thought of as being related. I wanted them to be because I always wanted Tauros to evolve and they made something I perceived as being just sooo close to a Tauros. They even have similar base stats (with the exception of speed) and level-up move sets. Linking them isn't a stretch. It's sure as hell closer than Miltank. It's a crappier Chansey but everybody jumped to link her to Tauros because she's an all-female cow, and was the only other bovid at the time.

Unless GF made some official statement on Miltank-Tauros that I missed.

The Pokemon Twitter account is apparently asking about Castform. This is the same place that asked about Eevee like 2 weeks before Sylveon's reveal.

New Castform evo on the cards??

a castform evo could be similar to burmy and have several formes with permanent types depending on what it transformed into when it leveled OR be a similar-to-castform normal poke with the same ability and still change per weather. either way i hope it gets a sandstorm forme.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom