• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't this imply Eternatus fights itself, it is one of "all of them"
Technically, yeah. Perhaps two of them, its two forms. They can be shiny to tell things apart!

Edit: Btw, just noticed I called Leon's Cinderace "Scorbunny" several times for some reason lul Probably because I'm with "Aceburn" in mind

Last edited:
I seriously doubt they'd go to that trouble for an episode where Ash loses.
Do you mean Ash is not going to lose in the next episode? Many people are saying Leon's Aceburn is the one who's going to take out Ash's Pikachu if he manages to defeat Charizard.

In my view, although I agree it makes sense anime's 25th anniversary likely at least slightly encouraged them to go with Journeys formula instead of a traditional approach, I don't believe it was the main motivator for. I think it's been a while since the anime hasn't been achieving what they expect it to, so it's been a while since they've been more open to trying new things. BW tried the soft-reboot but I guess it didn't work well. Then with XY I guess they tried to go back to something more AG/DP-like to see the results. With SM, they tried something more casual and humorous. So they've been trying new things for some time now, this must have also slightly encouraged them to try Journeys formula out too. But personally I think the main motivator was GO honestly.

Leon's Charizard faints and it's Cinderace's turn, but Eternatus wants to battle. Leon apologizes to Cinderace and announces that he decides to use Eternatus instead. He also says Eternatus is too strong and that in order to make things fair Ash must use more Pokémon. Ash's Charizard arrives flying in with Bulbasaur and Squirtle. He also reminds Ash of what he talked about in previous episodes that "all their adventures would come together in that battle", as so he wants Ash to use more Pokémon as he wants to "battle all of them". Ash positions Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Pikachu and prepares to use his Triple Finish Pika Papow combo while Leon has Eternatus prepares to use Eternabeam.

As both sides load their movements, Leon reiterates "I said I want to battle all of them". Eternatus then summons a dimensional portal from which all of Ash's old Pokémon fall from. Ash tells his crew to prepare their best attack and Leon sends Cinderace to help too as well as saying "I said all of them!". Then Arceus appears and summons all the 905 Pokémon alongside Ash, including himself and prepares to launch an attack. Leon come in and says "I said all of them! Come with them all!" Then Arceus summons all Pokémon from Paldea and from all future regions as well as they prepare to launch their Penta Finish Pika Papow Ultra Mega Giga Max combo attack against Leon's Eternatus Eternabeam. The clash of movements is so strong that it devastates Leon and the rest of Earth's humanity and the anime resets to Paldea. The end.
Many people want this to happen but I doubt the writers are going to go this route though.

You know, the fact that this official watch party is happening is odd. Like....Would they really go to the lengths of doing this if Ash was going to lose?
They hyped up the Kalos League finals too. I don't see the watch party as necessarily a huge sign or gesture that they wouldn't do if Ash was going to lose. It isn't nothing, but I wouldn't read that much into it either.

You know, the fact that this official watch party is happening is odd. Like....Would they really go to the lengths of doing this if Ash was going to lose?
I would love to see Ash win against Leon and become a world champion but the thing is the writers are going to make Ash loses and that'll eventually pave the road for Ash to go to another new region and become even stronger. That's my theory if the writers do go that route. If they make Ash wins and then it would almost end this whole Pokemon franchise. I could be wrong on this...

Here's what I would want to happen.

Eternatus comes and he restores both Ash's and Leon's Dynamax energy. Leon then decides to switch to Cinderace because he realizes that Pikachu can potentially harm and defeat Charizard more easily than he can Cinderace.
Just to add extra insurance, he decides to G-MAX Cinderace. Ash responds in kind. Cinderace uses GMAX Fireball, which Pikachu blocks with a GMAX Volt Crash. Cinderace then uses Max Steelspike, which hits Pikachu. Pikachu then GMAX Volt Crash again, but this time, he just fires it into the air and it hits nothing. Leon then decides to finish things off with another GMAX Fireball, which Pikachu tanks. Oddly, Pikachu decides to use Max Steelspike again, but this time Ash just tells Pikachu to surround Cinderace with the spikes.
Just then, the GMAX Volt Crash, attracted by the MAX Steelspike, comes crashing down on Cinderace. It happens soo quickly that Cinderace is unable to change its type in time. Cinderace is knocked out.

Leon compliments Ash for skillfully taking out his Libero Cinderace, but comments on Pikachu's current flagging health. He then says that he's not gonna hold back and Ash says that he wouldn't want Leon to anyway. Leon sends out Charizard and the two fight with everything they have. Charizard's fire burns hotter than ever before and Pikachu's electric attacks are soo powerful that even the fans in the stands can feel some static electricity. Both trainers look at each other, knowing that the next attack that they make will be their last. Leon tells Charizard to put everything he has into one last Fire Blast.
As Charizard begins charging up his Fire Blast, Ash reflects on his past with Pikachu, and remarks on the journeys he went through to reach this current moment. He says it doesn't matter who wins or loses in this fight, so long as they give it their all together. He then commands Pikachu to use one last Thunderbolt.
Pikachu complies, but as he's charging up his Thunderbolt, something strange happens. Pikachu's electricity is more intense than ever before, and it almost feels like Ash himself is somehow fueling Pikachu's attack. Ash realizes this is not a Thunderbolt, but a new move. A move that transcends the boundaries of what is possible and logical. A move that's not related to Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, or Dynamaxing. A move fueled by their friendship. As Pikachu releases his new move, Ash screams, "Pikachu, use Pika Papow!!"
This new move easily destroys Charizard's Fire Blast, and Charizard takes the full brunt of it. After the blast, Pikachu collapses but is still conscious. But Charizard is still standing, even to Leon's surprise. Charizard slowly stumbles over to Pikachu, looking like it wants to attack again, but instead Charizard just looks Pikachu in the eye, gives him a thumbs up, and collapses to the ground.

The whole stadium is silent and it feels like lifetimes move by within seconds. Dan recovers from the shock of seeing Leon defeated and then announces that Charizard is unable to battle and that Ash has defeated Leon and become the reigning Monarch.
The stadium then erupts with excitement. We then see several of Ash's companions, rivals, and Pokemon react with glee. Diantha is looking down and says that Ash always manages to surprise her and wonders what that new move was. Cynthia says that there are rumors that when a Pokemon and their trainer reach the pinnacle of friendship, they unlock a power fueled by that friendship that can defeat anyone before them. Cynthia says that she always regarded this power as a myth, but now sees that there was some truth to the legend.
Leon walks up to Ash and congratulates him on the win. He remarks that Ash's greatest quality as a trainer is that he always manages to inspire his Pokemon to pull out greater power than what is thought to be possible. Leon then turns to the crowd and announces that his champion time was great, but it has come to an end. He then dubs Ash a true Pokemon master.
After Leon tells Ash that he's a Pokemon master, Ash says that he's not one. Leon is surprised and asks Ash to elaborate. Ash says that even if he's the strongest trainer in the world, it's still not the end of his journey. There are soo many more adventures, friends, and lessons that are ahead that it feels premature for him to take the mantle of a master. Even though Leon is confused, he somewhat understands and respects his wishes.

The episode ends with the narrator saying "Even the greatest battle is just a stepping point. What awaits Ash and Pikachu on their next journey together?"

Here's what I would want to happen.

Eternatus comes and he restores both Ash's and Leon's Dynamax energy. Leon then decides to switch to Cinderace because he realizes that Pikachu can potentially harm and defeat Charizard more easily than he can Cinderace.
Just to add extra insurance, he decides to G-MAX Cinderace. Ash responds in kind. Cinderace uses GMAX Fireball, which Pikachu blocks with a GMAX Volt Crash. Cinderace then uses Max Steelspike, which hits Pikachu. Pikachu then GMAX Volt Crash again, but this time, he just fires it into the air and it hits nothing. Leon then decides to finish things off with another GMAX Fireball, which Pikachu tanks. Oddly, Pikachu decides to use Max Steelspike again, but this time Ash just tells Pikachu to surround Cinderace with the spikes.
Just then, the GMAX Volt Crash, attracted by the MAX Steelspike, comes crashing down on Cinderace. It happens soo quickly that Cinderace is unable to change its type in time. Cinderace is knocked out.

Leon compliments Ash for skillfully taking out his Libero Cinderace, but comments on Pikachu's current flagging health. He then says that he's not gonna hold back and Ash says that he wouldn't want Leon to anyway. Leon sends out Charizard and the two fight with everything they have. Charizard's fire burns hotter than ever before and Pikachu's electric attacks are soo powerful that even the fans in the stands can feel some static electricity. Both trainers look at each other, knowing that the next attack that they make will be their last. Leon tells Charizard to put everything he has into one last Fire Blast.
As Charizard begins charging up his Fire Blast, Ash reflects on his past with Pikachu, and remarks on the journeys he went through to reach this current moment. He says it doesn't matter who wins or loses in this fight, so long as they give it their all together. He then commands Pikachu to use one last Thunderbolt.
Pikachu complies, but as he's charging up his Thunderbolt, something strange happens. Pikachu's electricity is more intense than ever before, and it almost feels like Ash himself is somehow fueling Pikachu's attack. Ash realizes this is not a Thunderbolt, but a new move. A move that transcends the boundaries of what is possible and logical. A move that's not related to Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, or Dynamaxing. A move fueled by their friendship. As Pikachu releases his new move, Ash screams, "Pikachu, use Pika Papow!!"
This new move easily destroys Charizard's Fire Blast, and Charizard takes the full brunt of it. After the blast, Pikachu collapses but is still conscious. But Charizard is still standing, even to Leon's surprise. Charizard slowly stumbles over to Pikachu, looking like it wants to attack again, but instead Charizard just looks Pikachu in the eye, gives him a thumbs up, and collapses to the ground.

The whole stadium is silent and it feels like lifetimes move by within seconds. Dan recovers from the shock of seeing Leon defeated and then announces that Charizard is unable to battle and that Ash has defeated Leon and become the reigning Monarch.
The stadium then erupts with excitement. We then see several of Ash's companions, rivals, and Pokemon react with glee. Diantha is looking down and says that Ash always manages to surprise her and wonders what that new move was. Cynthia says that there are rumors that when a Pokemon and their trainer reach the pinnacle of friendship, they unlock a power fueled by that friendship that can defeat anyone before them. Cynthia says that she always regarded this power as a myth, but now sees that there was some truth to the legend.
Leon walks up to Ash and congratulates him on the win. He remarks that Ash's greatest quality as a trainer is that he always manages to inspire his Pokemon to pull out greater power than what is thought to be possible. Leon then turns to the crowd and announces that his champion time was great, but it has come to an end. He then dubs Ash a true Pokemon master.
After Leon tells Ash that he's a Pokemon master, Ash says that he's not one. Leon is surprised and asks Ash to elaborate. Ash says that even if he's the strongest trainer in the world, it's still not the end of his journey. There are soo many more adventures, friends, and lessons that are ahead that it feels premature for him to take the mantle of a master. Even though Leon is confused, he somewhat understands and respects his wishes.

The episode ends with the narrator saying "Even the greatest battle is just a stepping point. What awaits Ash and Pikachu on their next journey together?"
And then what happens to Ash next? Timeskip?
We still need Serena and Ash to actually interact

I don't know, probably Project Mew. I just thought the quote was just a nice pithy way to end the moment.
Project Mew is probably going to be in side story series like the Arceus one did.

I would love to see Ash win against Leon and become a world champion but the thing is the writers are going to make Ash loses and that'll eventually pave the road for Ash to go to another new region and become even stronger. That's my theory if the writers do go that route. If they make Ash wins and then it would almost end this whole Pokemon franchise. I could be wrong on this...
Not necessarily especially after the episode where Ash spends the day with Leon. The entire point they made there was about how being champion isn’t the end all be all. Kinda seemed they were assuring the fans that even if Ash wins that that doesn’t mean it’s the end of the road.

Not necessarily especially after the episode where Ash spends the day with Leon. The entire point they made there was about how being champion isn’t the end all be all. Kinda seemed they were assuring the fans that even if Ash wins that that doesn’t mean it’s the end of the road.
Agreed. Ash have been for the anime series mascot for a very long time. It will be major flop if they remove him for the rest of the series as it is impossible. As for this match, Ash is definitely will win in an extended review a new move set about to unfold and it is bound to turn the tide and get W. Otherwise, it will be no logic sense for not defeating Leon if that occurs.

I find it so weird that the power of freindship is technically a real, viable power in the pokemon world. What with things like ash greninja, z moves being powered partly by it, the partner pokemon from let's go, affection technically.

Also I still do not expect Project Mew to actually get a conclusion in the series.

I find it so weird that the power of freindship is technically a real, viable power in the pokemon world. What with things like ash greninja, z moves being powered partly by it, the partner pokemon from let's go, affection technically.

Also I still do not expect Project Mew to actually get a conclusion in the series.
That how the Plot Armor works. Also Project Mew, they probably going to save it in side story special series since they don't have enough time for that especially 9th generation game is release this month.

doofinc on serebii posted this and I couldn't help but agree

• Distributing Ash's whole team out to Sw/Sh
  • Putting Ash in Pokemon Masters
  • Final fight in the path to be #1 battler in the world
  • Ash getting to use all gimmicks for a full power battle on both sides
  • Following the SW/SH story of beating the unbeatable Leon
  • Ash in a comeback situation
  • All the cameos
  • God tier animation next week
  • Rainbow Pikachu
  • Setting up a livestream to hype up the finale as if it were real life
It really would be the biggest troll of all time if Ash lost. Unfortunately, knowing this show's history, I can't even discount that as a possibility.

In spite of the all the odds currently against him, I still think Ash will win this. Call it a gut feeling.
Yup, otherwise having a new move set given to Pikachu for what? Just for biggest lost? Just like that Kalos Controversy, which is completely unforgiven and unacceptable as the writer being slimeball and despair worshipper since his mind is consume with crap and nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom