• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on your definition of ‘in person’, I suppose. If you mean getting a cameo, I can see it happening. If you mean at the stadium, considering we haven’t gotten an appearance from any companion besides Dawn and Koharu and we’re half way through the battle, I wouldn’t hold my breath.
There are thousands of people in Wyndon Stadium. I wouldn’t be surprised if they revealed characters like Misty, Brock, and Serena were already at the stadium in person, it just wouldn’t have been known beforehand due to how crowded it is. Sure, only Dawn and Chloe said good luck to Ash before his battle with Leon, which is worrying and doesn’t reassure us. But that doesn’t mean some of the other characters couldn’t also be there. There’s also the fact that Serena said she’ll be cheering for Ash at the end of JN105. It would be objectively bad writting if those were empty words, and Ash would be more than happy to hear Serena cheer for him among the crowd, rather than hope she’s watching through TV. If Serena doesn’t appear by this episode in any capacity, then people have a right to be upset about that. However, I’m going to remain optimistic. If they really didn’t want the possibiiltiy of Serena watching Ash in person to be a thing, they wouldn’t have met up in JN105 at all. Sure, she could just watch him on TV, but considering how they emphasized their dynamic at the end of JN105, I feel like we’re going to get something more meaningful than that.

There are thousands of people in Wyndon Stadium. I wouldn’t be surprised if they revealed characters like Misty, Brock, and Serena were already at the stadium in person, it just wouldn’t have been known beforehand due to how crowded it is. Sure, only Dawn and Chloe said good luck to Ash before his battle with Leon, which is worrying and doesn’t reassure us. But that doesn’t mean some of the other characters couldn’t also be there. There’s also the fact that Serena said she’ll be cheering for Ash at the end of JN105. It would be objectively bad writting if those were empty words, and Ash would be more than happy to hear Serena cheer for him among the crowd, rather than hope she’s watching through TV. If Serena doesn’t appear by this episode in any capacity, then people have a right to be upset about that. However, I’m going to remain optimistic. If they really didn’t want the possibiiltiy of Serena watching Ash in person to be a thing, they wouldn’t have met up in JN105 at all. Sure, she could just watch him on TV, but considering how they emphasized their dynamic at the end of JN105, I feel like we’re going to get something more meaningful than that.
If other companions were at the stadium, what reason would the writers have to hide them until at least 3/4 of Ash’s battle and instead only have Dawn and Koharu not only meet Ash before the match but be the primary one’s cheering him on in such a big battle? Heck, the fact that they showed that Iris is back at home watching the battle on stream showed that the writers are more than willing to have people connected to Ash watching the battle remotely. Hell, even Go, his main companion in this current series was called away by the plot and cant watch at all. And Serena said she’d be cheering for him. That doesn’t mean having to be there in person to do so as has been shown with everyone at Professor Oak’s lab and his friends in Alola.

If other companions were at the stadium, what reason would the writers have to hide them until at least 3/4 of Ash’s battle and instead only have Dawn and Koharu not only meet Ash before the match but be the primary one’s cheering him on in such a big battle? Heck, the fact that they showed that Iris is back at home watching the battle on stream showed that the writers are more than willing to have people connected to Ash watching the battle remotely. Hell, even Go, his main companion in this current series was called away by the plot and cant watch at all. And Serena said she’d be cheering for him. That doesn’t mean having to be there in person to do so as has been shown with everyone at Professor Oak’s lab and his friends in Alola.
I'll ask myself that question if it happens. It's still too early to say for sure if Dawn and Chloe were all they had planned to watch in-person or not. I just don't see a reason to close the door on more in-person cameos for the next two episodes, because there's currently nothing that confirms that Dawn and Chloe are the only characters watching in-person. If they show characters like Brock, Misty, and Serena watching at any point, they could have them either be in Wyndon Stadium, or watching on TV. Either way, if these characters are watching at all, they're hiding where they're watching the battle from. That is pretty important information in my opinion, and one they are withholding for whatever reason.

Serena has to cheer Ash on in person so that they can reunite properly and confess their feelings to each other.
But knowing JN they’ll just show her watching on TV like everyone else and those words will be empty

Serena has to cheer Ash on in person so that they can reunite properly and confess their feelings to each other.
But knowing JN they’ll just show her watching on TV like everyone else and those words will be empty
Ash's only feelings towards Serena are that she's a good friend.

Ash's only feelings towards Serena are that she's a good friend.
Not confirmed or denied. Ash starred at her Fennekin outfit with a blank expression in XY021, he complemented Serena’s modified outfit in XY080, he says that seeing Serena happy makes him happy in XY109, he took her to a clothing store and sensed her uneasiness regarding her future in XY138, and much more. Not to mention that his eyes sparkled after the kiss, and his eyes were glazing in JN105. Make whatever of this what you will, but all of these things did factually happen, and they all mean something. You could say that Ash feels like Serena is just a friend and nothing more, but there is nothing within the show or from the production staff that outright confirms that.

I won’t go too off-topic and keep talking about Amourshipping on here or whatever, but I’m tired of people on here making generalizations that seem like they’re facts, when they’re not. I also remember you specifically clearly mentioning in the past that Alain was too busy being a researcher to participate in the PWC. Not only did Alain end up participating, he made the Masters Eight on top of that.

We don’t know what Ash’s feelings are for Serena exactly. The writers can do whatever they want with that, but we have no authority to make claims like “Ash just sees her as a friend” and nothing more. This is also why I’m keeping an open mind on more characters appearing in-person at Wyndon Stadium, because there is absolutely nothing that’s shutting the doors on other characters showing up in-person within the next two episodes. We need to stop making our opinions as facts, because at the end of the day, only the people working on the Pokémon anime have any say on what will happen. Either we will have our answers in due time, or we won’t. Regardless, things are always subject to change.

I also remember you specifically clearly mentioning in the past that Alain was too busy being a researcher to participate in the PWC. Not only did Alain end up participating, he made the Masters Eight on top of that.
My opinion on that changed over time. When I saw him participating, I was perfectly fine with it.

My opinion on that changed over time. When I saw him participating, I was perfectly fine with it.
Exactly my point. Let’s just wait and see what happens in general. I’m personally going to keep an open mind until Journeys ends before I give a full opinion on anything that did or did not happen in it. I’d rather not complain about an incomplete thing if we haven’t seen everything regarding it.

You wake up... it was all a dream, there is no Pokemon Anime, the never was, and there never will be.

So, a take on Shudo's original ending?

Why the hell would the staff end journeys with another clip show?

Why have so many clip shows so close together? As worn out and understaffed as they are, it wouldn't surprise me...

Why the hell would the staff end journeys with another clip show?
Because of production issues and the COVID-19 pandemic. They probably won't have the time to whip up a proper conclusion of Journeys after (I assume) Leon wins this ongoing match, especially since they're already way behind schedule.

Leon first ever lost or Ash losing streak continuous since Kalos? Only next week, we will find out. Wishes, the crown tundra legendary made it anime debut before the series end.

105 episode alternate ending:
Chloe: Do you both know each other?
Ash: Serena is...
Ash leaned toward Serena and said in a whisper:
Can I say that you are my girlfriend?
Serena blushed a lot and could not believe what she heard. She nodded her head yes.
Ash stood up straight and said to them:
Serena is my girlfriend.
Goh: Dude. You didn't say you had a girlfriend.
Chloe: Wow. Was this advice from Ash?
Serena: Yes.

xD

105 episode alternate ending:
Chloe: Do you both know each other?
Ash: Serena is...
Ash leaned toward Serena and said in a whisper:
Can I say that you are my girlfriend?
Serena blushed a lot and could not believe what she heard. She nodded her head yes.
Ash stood up straight and said to them:
Serena is my girlfriend.
Goh: Dude. You didn't say you had a girlfriend.
Chloe: Wow. Was this advice from Ash?
Serena: Yes.

xD
THE BEST ENDING
Tbf Serena and Ash were not close enough for whispering distance

4 episodes?? Oh dear, no... :sneaky:
Just when I thought it would be over soon....

Wasn't be surprised if the match is draw with both Pikachu and Charizard K.O. Then, it will something else which everyone will appreciate the outcome. Only worried if Leon former Chairman going to return for revenge or not.
The battle continues...

But all of a sudden, the match is interrupted. Chairman Rose has somehow gained control of 99% of all Legendary Pokemon, and gives an ultimatum: surrender control of the world, or he will use the power of the Legendary Pokemon under his control to destroy the world, then use Dialga to reset the world and make himself God.

The last few episodes of Journeys sees all of Ash's friends reuniting with him to defeat Rose and save the world. In the end, Rose is killed after a Dragon Ball-style battle between him and Ash, where the latter uses Aura and the former uses Pokemon moves. All of the characters achieve their dreams, and the final scene takes place several years later, with Ash marrying Serena, and Goh marrying Chloe.

The Gen 9 anime follows Ash and Serena's son and daughter, Red and Leaf, travelling to Paldea to learn how to become a Trainer and a Coordinator, respectively.

Summon all legendary? Damn impossible, only way he can control is maximum three, My guess will be the Crown Tundra since we still haven't saw Glastrier, Spectrier and Calyrex in anime debut yet. If so, it will be something else and spark the crisis even worse than Darkest Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom