• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a specific time, only that it airs on his Thursday's episode of Oha Suta at 7:05-7:30 am JST which is Wednesday March 1st, 2017 at 2:05-2:30 pm PST/4:05-4:30 pm CT/5:05-5:30 pm for those in the US.

And then...the fandom goes Primeape shit...

At least the initial trailer didn't turn out to be misleading, which I know some people were hoping for.

Still, they're being too minimalistic.

The art looks totally gorgeous.
I rarely like the color red, but the red leaves in the background are so nice.

Oh oh oh!!!
I don't care that there's no new info!
Pikachu! Satoshi!!
Happy tears!!!!!!
I need to rewatch episode 1.
(I hope this movie turns out to be what it is promising to be from these initial trailers...)

March trailers have never been that misleading.

The trailer ends with Ash promising to meet Ho-Oh again. I wonder how things will unfold from that point.

Satoshi getting the Rainbow Wing and saying he and Pikachu will someday meet Houou together is certainly interesting. Man, the idea of an AU film series has so much potential, I hope they don't squander it.

Seeing his new design in motion, it really does feel unique in its own right. I didn't get the impression of it just being Best Wishes Satoshi or XY Satoshi wearing Kantou clothes, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Conspicuous by its absence:
the bike.
Yeah, considering the first episode of the original anime series, we should have seen it falling down along with Satoshi and Pikachu in the rain. And before that, he seems to be carrying Pikachu in his arms instead of riding the bike.

Removing Misty from this continuity altogether would be a low thing to do. Hopefully they just realized that a bicycle is not a good reason to follow someone.

Or we're just overthinking it. This scene does establish that Ash and Pikachu fall off something, and after that Ash picks up Pikachu and runs off to a mountain. In the original, they stay on the ground, but even there the bicycle is ignored.

Last edited:
Didn't one of the recently announced expansion packs in Japan contain a set specific to Ho-Oh and one to Necrozma? I wonder if Necrozma will also make an appearance in the movie. I feel like Nintendo/TCPi will still somehow tie the movie back to Sun and Moon.

Yeah, considering the first episode of the original anime series, we should have seen it falling down along with Satoshi and Pikachu in the rain. And before that, he seems to be carrying Pikachu in his arms instead of riding the bike.

Removing Misty from this continuity altogether would be a low thing to do. Hopefully they just realized that a bicycle is not a good reason to follow someone.

Or we're just overthinking it. These scene does establish that Ash and Pikachu fall off something, and after that Ash picks up Pikachu and runs off to a mountain. In the original, they stay on the ground, but even there the bicycle is ignored.

There seems to be an inconsistency with the rain and lack of rain during the Spearow attack. Particularly when Ash and Pikachu fell, and Ash doing the protection pose. We must also remember that some scenes may be just trailer scenes and not ones we'll actually see the movies.

Suffice to say, the premise is not lying to us. This is about Ash and Pikachu during their first days as partners, and Ho-Oh too. That is good. Fan service means nothing without its spirit.

There seems to be an inconsistency with the rain and lack of rain during the Spearow attack. Particularly when Ash and Pikachu fell, and Ash doing the protection pose. We must also remember that some scenes may be just trailer scenes and not ones we'll actually see the movies.
The movie could very well handle the scenes differently, but I think it's safe to assume that the Ho-Oh encounter is supposed to happen on a mountain. What is going to make Ash end up there in the first place?

The movie could very well handle the scenes differently, but I think it's safe to assume that the Ho-Oh encounter is supposed to happen on a mountain. What is going to make Ash end up there in the first place?

I do wonder if that will be Mt. Silver. We all know that Red somehow ended up there for no apparent reason. And since Ash is the anime Red, well.... why not return Satoshi to those roots?

Mt. Silver isn't that far from Pallet, but it's still a detour from Viridian. If Ash actually goes there, there has to be some reason that doesn't involve the Spearow attack.

How much time will be spent on the "first episode rebooted" part of the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom