• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MLP:FIM/The Legend Of Spyro Crossover *Me and Shining Armor!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro blinked at Pinkie's bouncing. "Um...thank you, Pinkie Pie," he said, clearly confused.

Nova looked up at her mother. "Mom...wherever we are, it's weird."

"I'll go organise a PARTY! Ooh, do you like Punch? I love punch! I'll make sure there's punch! Okay! Seeya later!" Pinkie Pie bounced off.

"Nova, it's okay. We'll be out of here soon... I hope..." Cynder reassured.

"Oh, not everypony is like Pinkie Pie, she's special, and she's very nice once you get used to her," said Fluttershy.

"Wait, everypony?" asked Spyro, blinking. "You say everypony, not everyone?"

"Well, we say everyone when there's not just ponies around," said Fluttershy. "Like when there are griffins or other species included."

"Griffin?"

"They're another species, body of a lion, head and front legs of an eagle as well as the wings," explained Nova. "They're actually pretty cool sounding."

OoC: While the normal spelling is "Griffin", the writers typed it as "Griffon". Jus' sayin'.

IC: "Sounds badass. Now, where's Twilight's house?" Sparx said, growing impatient with all the chatter.

"Right here..." said Fluttershy, pointing to the library.

"She lives in a tree?" asked Nova, blinking.

"So did me and Sparx growing up," said Spyro, though admittedly, that was because he was raised by dragonflies.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to go take care of my animals...um, I hope everything works out for you..." said Fluttershy timidly.

"We should drop in on Ma 'n' Pa some time, eh Spyro?" Sparx said.

Cynder knocked on the door to the Library.

"If we get back home soon," said Spyro.

Twilight blinked upon opening the doors. "Um...hello..." she said, looking surprised, but not nearly as surprised as one would expect. "Do you need a book, or something?"

Spyro blinked. "You're not surprised we're dragons?"

Twilight scratched her head. "My assistant IS a dragon, it's just unusual to see one in the middle of Ponyville that isn't him. Compared to some of the things that have happened to me since coming to this town, this isn't so weird...I'm Twilight Sparkle, what is it you need?"

"We're wondering if you have any idea why we're here." Cynder asked. "Because we aren't exactly native to this place."

Twilight scratched her head. "Well, I know dragons don't usually live in Equestria, but I don't think that's what you mean...what is it you want to know?"

"We live somewhere called the Dragon Realms... we woke up in some forest and met this weird pony... and she said to talk to you." Cynder explained.

"Oh..." said Twilight. "Um, come in, I'll check to see if I can find anything about the place you mentioned in the books."

With Spike's help, Twilight began looking through most of the books in the library. She then sighed. "Sorry I can't find anything," she said, looking at them. "Can you tell me about this place? Maybe it appears under a different name or something."

After Spyro had explained the Dragon Realms, Twilight rubbed her head. "Um...I think your problem isn't being just lost...we only have one moon, so from the sound of things, you're in a different world altogether."

"A different world?!" Sparx yelled.

"Malefore?" Cynder turned to Twilight.

"Huh?" asked Twilight. "Who is Malefor?" she asked, blinking.

"Well...In our world, Purple Dragons seem to be a great deal more...and no offense, Spike, special than they are here," said Spyro. "There's only one born every 10 generations, and they guide the fate of the era they're born into...I'm this era's, but Malefor was the very first Purple Dragon. Purple Dragons have tremendous power, but Malefor became corrupted by his. He become an absolute monster, even after he was sealed away, he continued to plague the world. In the end, he escaped his prison and tried to destroy the world. Me and Cynder managed to defeat him and he was sealed away for good in the core of our world. It was a pretty frightening time for us though."

Twilight shuddered. "Believe me, I know what that's like..."

Spyro blinked. "You do?"

"Um...yeah...me and my friends...we've kind of saved the entire world...twice...and helped save it a third time..." said Twilight, somewhat sheepishly. There was a reason they didn't brag about it too much, they didn't want the attention. Even Rainbow just wanted to be recognized for her flight skill, not saving the world.

"Saving the world THREE TIMES?!" Cynder gasped. "That's amazing!"

Sparx shrugged. "Not as amazing as when me and Spyro saved the world from you."

Cynder glared at Sparx.

"Yeah, though the third time we just helpped, my brother and new sister-in-law did all the real work...me, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity are the bearers of the Elements of Harmony," explained Twilight, getting out "The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide" and showing it to them. "We each represent one of them, Fluttershy is Kindness, Pinkie Pie Laughter, Applejack Honesty, Rainbow Dash Loyalty, and Rarity Generosity. I'm Magic," she explained. "Our bond of friendship powers the Elements, which are the strongest magic in this world. The first time we used them was to defeat Nightmare Moon. One thousand years ago, Princess Luna, having been consumed by jealousy because ponies cherished her sister's day but slept through her night, and corrupted by a dark magic even Celestia and Luna don't fully understand, became Nightmare Moon, and tried to plunge the world into eternal night. Celestia had to use the Elements to imprison her in the moon. She escaped 1000 years later on the longest day of the thousandth year. Me and my friends had to find the Elements to defeat her, but apparently, six ponies using the Elements is stronger than one using them alone, because we purged her of the black magic corrupting her and redeemed her...She's still trying to make up for what she did, even though something else was corrupting and partly responsible for everything."

"Momma, that sounds...kind of familiar, doesn't it?" asked Nova, looking up to her mother. She knew how her mother had been corrupted by Malefor, and even today felt guilt over her actions.

Cynder nods slowly. "Malefor corrupted me and made me evil... Spyro here fought me and won, freeing me from Malefor's rule... I suppose that draws parallels with Luna."

Twilight nodded. "This Malefor sure sounds like a nasty piece of work...reminds me of Discord..." she said, giving a shudder. "Discord is the Spirit of Disharmony, he ruled Equestria a long time ago in a state of endless suffering and chaos. Celestia and Luna defeated him and sealed him in stone. He escaped not too long ago and we had to seal him away again, but it was... unpleasant, to say the least, I still have nightmares..."

The familiar sound of a party cannon fires from just outside the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom