• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves & Abilities Discussion/Speculation

A Grass type immune to priority moves... Even with my feelings towards duplicate abilities, this is a Grass type that gives Talonflame the middle finger, which I'm happy to see.

It'll probably just go for Flare Blitz instead, sadly.

Clanging Scale seems to lower your pokemon's defense which tells me that it is going to be very powerful. Usually very powerful moves have side effects to stop them from being too OP.

"Trop Kick is a move that only Tsareena can learn. It lowers an opponent’s Attack by showering it with blazing hot kicks in a style similar to that originating from tropical countries."

I wonder if "blazing hot kicks" means it's a grass/fire move.

"Trop Kick is a move that only Tsareena can learn. It lowers an opponent’s Attack by showering it with blazing hot kicks in a style similar to that originating from tropical countries."

Probably not, it's shown as super effective on Bruxish and Golduck(?).

I feel like it's not literal (it's blazing hot as in 'really good' or it's an excuse set up to give Tsareena coverage).

will some of these new moves will be priority moves?
will we get a bug type priority move?
that ground type Highorse Power seems like a speed base move if you think of it.
Ground type Extreem Speed?

Queenly Majesty? will a male be able to get that or Dazzling? they could have named it Jewel Majesty, Crown Majesty or "Majesty".
Good ability but they could think more about genders and that people would want other pokes with this touch.

be immune to its own signature move

that or we may get a pokemon that has a similar ability to "dancer" but that copies oponents sound based moves ("musician", singer, sound reflection ) instead of dance moves.

A generation with Dancers without music and Singers? that would be terrible.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjAcyTXRunY

Last edited:

I thought this was just a reference to Blaze Kick being a move introduced in Gen III/Hoenn.

Clanging Scale seems to lower your pokemon's defense which tells me that it is going to be very powerful. Usually very powerful moves have side effects to stop them from being too OP.

I'm not sure how Soundproof works for this, but I've seen ideas that Kommo-o may be able to negate that side-effect of that move by having the Soundproof ability.

I'm not sure how Soundproof works for this, but I've seen ideas that Kommo-o may be able to negate that side-effect of that move by having the Soundproof ability.
In this case, people are theorising that the move itself is sound-based. If it falls under this category, Soundproof should grant immunity to it unless the mon using it has something like Mold Breaker or another way to bypass the ability in question.

As for it lowering defense at such a late stage, it's either going to be very powerful but the effect won't happen often, or will be hilariously weak but will have a 100% effect trigger. I theorise it'll be the former, somewhat like Psychic.

As for it lowering defense at such a late stage, it's either going to be very powerful but the effect won't happen often, or will be hilariously weak but will have a 100% effect trigger. I theorise it'll be the former, somewhat like Psychic.

My understanding was that when Kommo-o uses the move, it lowers its own Defense, like Superpower or Close Combat or Hyperspace Fury. In which case it ought to be a strong move! :]

My understanding was that when Kommo-o uses the move, it lowers its own Defense, like Superpower or Close Combat or Hyperspace Fury. In which case it ought to be a strong move! :]
Oh, its own defense? I think I missed the memo! Thanks for the correction. Yeah, I'd have reason to believe it's a powerful move now. Does it only decrease its Defense, or both? I could see it being somewhat similar to Hammer Arm in power.

I hope for a rock type move Sand Sport.
Would work like Mud Sport and Water Sport but would reduce water type attacks.

The signature moves of the final evos of the starters this time are quite intriguing.

It's ghost/dark/water, not the usual grass/fire/water, and they're all damaging moves too with great additional effect.

Sparkling aria looks like it can be a counter for those flame orb with guts and facade abusers.. I thought it can be used to heal teammate, but then it deals damage.. I wonder how it will affect primarina, if it ever does find its niche.

Primarina is likely gonna be the only specially oriented Water/Fairy thus far; it's gonna have a niche lol

Wow, Decidueye and Incineroar's signature moves are a lot better than the Gen VI signature moves.

Well spiky shield is very good and water shuriken is a solid option (especially now that it is special).

By the way: now that we definetly know the final starter evos, what would you guys like to see as their hidden abilities? I want them to have unique ones (like in gen 6) personally. I'm thinking maybe an ability that gives Decidueye stab on flying type moves as well? Primarina could get one that boosts sound-based moves. I don't really know about Incineroar. Maybe an ability that turn its special moves physical?

By the way: now that we definetly know the final starter evos, what would you guys like to see as their hidden abilities? I want them to have unique ones (like in gen 6) personally. I'm thinking maybe an ability that gives Decidueye stab on flying type moves as well? Primarina could get one that boosts sound-based moves. I don't really know about Incineroar. Maybe an ability that turn its special moves physical?
I think Stakeout is likely for Incineroar, fitting the whole "heel wrestler" thing. I'm hoping Dazzling or Queenly Majesty for Primarina just as a massive "f**k you" towards Talonflame. I have no idea what Decidueye would have, since I doubt that it'd get an ability from a previous gen. There aren't any known Gen VII abilities that would work with it. I'd say Disguise, but that's a signature gimmick ability for Mimikyu.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom