• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
Was browsing around cracked last night when I ran into this into one of their "you won't believe this isn't photoshopped" list.

And yes, this is really a honest picture. Jets actually sometime do this.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

BMalfitano_F-22%20Condensation%20Rainbow.JPG

the Sonic Rainboom

http://www.museumofflight.org/files/imagecache/lightbox/BMalfitano_F-22 Condensation Rainbow.JPG (for the bigger picture)

Best picture ever. I can't wait to see the new episode later today!

Last edited:
Intelligent writing and strong characterization can make anything good.

...even if it is a ton of unrealistic pink, purple, rainbow, etc ponies teaching about how friendship is magical.

Was not expecting them to have Rarity use the term "BFF".

I was kind of hoping they'd show where Spike came from in an episode.

I watched the first episode of this last night and it's really addicting. Fluttershy is so cute when she says her name. <3

I'm on the fence with this show. It's not that I find anything wrong with it, I'm just not big on episodic shows, which I think is why I really liked the first and second episodes, but then moved to only generally liking it.

Lauren Faust is currently selling some concept art from Friendship is Magic on eBay (all proceeds going to charity to help Japan), for anyone interested in watching the auctions (or for those few people who have $1000-2000+ to throw around on art, lol... so far only Pinkie Pie and Derpy are up, but the bidding on both has climbed quite high in a relatively short time) there are links to them from Mrs. Faust's dA journal:

http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/journal/39965046/

The art for Derpy isn't truly concept art, of course, as Derpy was merely a background character model before the fandom catapulted her to her current status. Mrs. Faust merely created it in the style of her original concept art.

The invasion has even affected VG Cats http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=302

Yeah, I saw this as well when someone linked me to it earlier today. I have to admit, I kind of laughed... I like the Crusaders in general, though. Unlike in most other shows, they don't come off as just annoying kids thrown into the story for the purpose of appealing to children on their own level (although according to Lauren Faust, it was indeed Habro who requested she create a trio, as it was her original intent for Apple Bloom's quest to be a solo thing... but ultimately she was happy with the result).

The artist who writes/draws VG Cats, a resident of the same city I'm from, is a fairly big fan of MLP, I take it. He also likes Beast Wars, so I'm not going to be the one who questions his taste too far, lol. XD

That said, I'm not sure if he genuinely finds the Crusaders to be annoying, or whether he actually likes them and the comic was merely meant to be a joke.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I hope Derpy gets her own episode (even if Faust decides to let her go by "Ditzy Doo" for it)

Just started watching already up to episode 12. Fluttershy is so far my favorite. Damn you MLP.

Tara Strong is very fortunate to get such awesome roles... she's quite talented, and definitely deserves it. I also really loved her as Bubbles on The Powerpuff Girls back in the day.

The whole VA cast of this show is all quite good, though. I'd only heard of a few of them prior to actually seeing the show... Tara Strong, of course... and Rainbow/Applejack's VA is also part of a band up here in Canada that I'd heard about peripherally, but hadn't really paid much attention to until after I found out more about her... and Rarity's VA is quite a well-known Canadian stage actress. The singing VAs (for those that are different than the dialogue VAs) are also very good.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom