• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Name your lineage.

I'll be finding out officially for one side soon. But the stories and family history include mainly Scottish, German, English, Luxembourgian, and a dash of Spanish.

I did an Ancestry DNA test, and you know the joke about white people and ancestry? Yeah, basically, if it's from Europe or the Middle East, then I probably have ancestors that were that. French? Sure. British? Sure. Spanish? Sure. German? Italian? Greek? Jewish? Arab? Persian? Sure.

I did not expect anything from the Middle East, though I'd always been told I was part Native American, which the DNA didn't support.

I did an Ancestry DNA test, and you know the joke about white people and ancestry? Yeah, basically, if it's from Europe or the Middle East, then I probably have ancestors that were that. French? Sure. British? Sure. Spanish? Sure. German? Italian? Greek? Jewish? Arab? Persian? Sure.

I did not expect anything from the Middle East, though I'd always been told I was part Native American, which the DNA didn't support.

Heh, that's kind of the most White American thing ever. Rumors of a native ancestor that remain uncomfirmed or get disproven at some point.

I’m Asian-Canadian, with my parents being from Kyrgyzstan (a country) but coming to Canada before I was born and I was born in Canada. I don’t like calling myself Asian-Canadian cause it makes me sound half and half which I’m not, but looking at terms like “African-American”, it’s probably the best one at this point

French. Although most of my family are from a region between the west and center of France, I've read on a german Wikipedia page that someone with my family name had apparently been mentionned next to a king's name in that country... So I don't know if that's just a coincidence or if I happen to have a german heritage ? I dunno.

Mom's side of the family is Puerto Rican, dad's side of the family is mostly English, Scottish, and Irish.

Tbh I mostly identify with the Puerto Rican side of my ancestry just because I am very visibly not white and there's the whole 'perpetual foreigner' thing going on in this country.

i don't know if i've ever mentioned it... anywhere on the forums before, but i'm actually biracial :yay: my mother is hispanic (from mexico) and my father is white (mixed german-irish ancestry with a bit of french and british a few generations up the line)!

I'm from the US. I do not know anything about my lineage aside from English a few generations ago on my mom's side. I also vaguely recall my mom telling me at some point that we have just a tiny bit of Native American, as well.

I would really like to know a lot more. I don't know why no one in my immediate family has ever seemed to have taken any interest in finding out this information.

Back
Top Bottom