• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Scans of Diamond and Pearl!!

I think the anime people already wrote pikachu as a male :p
With the way it acts, going into the male baths, and such its heavily implied. Otherwise it'd be some tom-boy

Team Magma and Aqua weren't revealed until October 2002 - not that surprising that we haven't seen the bad guys yet really.

Well, the new professor has an aristocratic air with him - he somehow reminds me of the great geniuses of the early 20th century.

And I'm glad that they finally re-included the day/night system. They probably realised that it was a mistake to leave it out of the R/S/E generation.

As for the region itself - I think that this might be a high-tech region. The large city in the middle looks quite futuristic to me, as well as what appears to be the mining area - the equipment don't appear "present" (if you know what I mean) to me.

I like the way the new Pokédex is designed - especially the way you (apparently) scroll through the entries. The interface somewhat reminds me of the Dock animation in Mac OS X or the Alt-Tab animation in Windows Vista.

All in all, I think a lot of elements in Diamond and Pearl are quite refreshing, yet it seems like we will also have a few touches that harkens back to generations of the past (such as (improved) gender differentation, the day/night system, and the Pokétchi - which can be seen as a combination of the PokéGear of the G/S/C generation and the PokéNav of the R/S/E generation).

eX.A.K.R. said:
Well, the new professor has an aristocratic air with him - he somehow reminds me of the great geniuses of the early 20th century.

And I'm glad that they finally re-included the day/night system. They probably realised that it was a mistake to leave it out of the R/S/E generation.

As for the region itself - I think that this might be a high-tech region. The large city in the middle looks quite futuristic to me, as well as what appears to be the mining area - the equipment don't appear "present" (if you know what I mean) to me.

I like the way the new Pokédex is designed - especially the way you (apparently) scroll through the entries. The interface somewhat reminds me of the Dock animation in Mac OS X or the Alt-Tab animation in Windows Vista.

All in all, I think a lot of elements in Diamond and Pearl are quite refreshing, yet it seems like we will also have a few touches that harkens back to generations of the past (such as (improved) gender differentation, the day/night system, and the Pokétchi - which can be seen as a combination of the PokéGear of the G/S/C generation and the PokéNav of the R/S/E generation).

Well they stated they were basing Shinou off of Hoddaiko, Japan which is one of the least populated area and it is mostly covered in wildlife. So I dont think it would be accurate to have it highly urbanized and futuristic.

Copy-pasted from SPPf because I'm lazy.

Ooo, it looks like Shinou might be split in two by the mountain range - there seems to be a FEW cities/towns on the other side, although I'd wager that one of them is the place where you'll battle the E4. And yay for guessing that Shinou would be based on Hokkaido a while ago.

The gender differences in the sprites are a nice touch. It makes them more realistic, and it gives you a bit of fun in trying to spot non-obvious differences.

Ahh, so Heart Swap was an attack? I figured it'd be either that or an ability. Looks like those people thinking that body-swapping won't happen in Movie 9 have another thing going against them.

Inner Focus? They gave Lucario the ability INNER FOCUS? Unless there's a rash of moves that A)are useful and B)cause flinching in D/P, that doesn't seem like a very useful ability. D:

Day and night are back. Horrah. And now we have noon, afternoon, and evening along with morning & night. Just watch, they'll put a weak Pokemon in the period of time that's the shortest(I'm leaning towards noon for this, with evening being a runner-up) and in that period of time only and have it appear one out of too damn many times. D:

The Poketchi sounds damned useful. Not having to go to the Breeding Center to check up on Pokes? (I'd wager that seeing if an egg was ready and how much your Pokemon have grown would be the extent of it...although a pop-up notification that your Pokemon has reached a level where it learned a new move and asking if you want to keep the move would be handy too, although that feature would probably come much later than the others to avoid easy leveling up without consequences before the E4. But that idea's probably a pipe dream anyway.) The first type chart that comes with the games since RBY? Niiiice. Although the Time Management feature makes me wonder if D/Ps time will/can be different from the DS's clock...

The new proffessor seems...different. Seems like we have a new addition to the Grumpy Old Men(trademarked V Faction 2006). Appearence wise, he seems most like Drake(outfit) and Watson(facial hair) to me. Here's hoping that he actually IS grumpy...or forgetful...or silent and stern...or insane...or evil...or SOMETHING different.

On a non-CP'ed note...the LCD view of the Poketchi(what word is the "tchi" from anyway? I know it makes no sense in English, but I'd assume it means SOMETHING in Japanese) is eerie in a way. It reminds me of the RBY days, which would be just peachy if not in the context of shiny new DP-ness. As such, the LCD view is, IMHO...freaking awesome.

Juputoru said:
Ahh, so Heart Swap was an attack? I figured it'd be either that or an ability. Looks like those people thinking that body-swapping won't happen in Movie 9 have another thing going against them.
Aww......

I was one of those people who were really hoping that body switching thing wouldn't happen in the movie. But, sadly, since we now know that Heart Swap is an attack, it looks like that's gonna be happening (unless, of course, the body swap thing was just done for the movie's manga/comic tie-in thing, and they're not thinking of including it in the actual movie).

bell02 alpha said:
I think the anime people already wrote pikachu as a male :p
With the way it acts, going into the male baths, and such its heavily implied. Otherwise it'd be some tom-boy
Actually, someone on the forums (I think it may have been Blackjack Gabbianni) got to meet Ikue Ohtani at an anime convention one time.

One of the questions she asked her is what gender Pikachu is, and Ikue responded by saying that they (the writers) haven't thought about that yet. And also, I think she said that probably one of the reasons why they didn't reveal Pikachu's gender before was so that everyone could relate to Pikachu easier, and have their own opinion about its gender.

And by the way, bell02 alpha, the way I see those things in the anime is that, since Pikachu is Ash's Pokemon, it wants to be with him every minute of every day, so that would explain why it was in the male baths.

Of course, in my opinion, the fact that Pikachu wants to be with Ash every minute of every day also leads me to believe that it's a female because it kind of has a crush on Ash (which ISN'T as big as Chikorita's was).

Last edited:
I'm so glad they brought the Night/Day engine back. I loved Gold and Silver for the 'real time' feel of play not to mention a reminder of how late I was staying up, lol. I was dissapointed, come Ruby/Saphire, when I found that the game hung in perpetual daytime. But now that its back, this function alone is enough to get me hyped up on it.

Juputoru said:
On a non-CP'ed note...the LCD view of the Poketchi(what word is the "tchi" from anyway? I know it makes no sense in English, but I'd assume it means SOMETHING in Japanese) is eerie in a way.

Yeah, the Pokétchi sounded like a familiar japanese word when I first saw it.
Except I remembered it as 'etchi.' I don't remember where I came across it or
what context it was in so I did a small search in Wikipedia.

Turns out etchi seems to have noting to do with time or technology. Spelled ecchi, or etchi,
it's context fits along the lines of sex or sexually suggestive material.
Not exactly what we're dealing with here ._.;;

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Actually, someone on the forums (I think it may have been Blackjack Gabbianni) got to meet Ikue Ohtani at an anime convention one time.

One of the questions she asked her is what gender Pikachu is, and Ikue responded by saying that they (the writers) haven't thought about that yet.

Actually, it was Ketsuban, although I was at the same con.

Juputoru said:
On a non-CP'ed note...the LCD view of the Poketchi(what word is the "tchi" from anyway? I know it makes no sense in English, but I'd assume it means SOMETHING in Japanese) is eerie in a way.

I believe that ポケッチ Pokétchi is an abbreviation of ポケモンウォッチ Pokémon Wotchi (Watch), which leaves me guessing that it'll be called something like "PokéWatch" in the English version.

Woopert said:
I believe that ポケッチ Pokétchi is an abbreviation of ポケモンウォッチ Pokémon Wotchi (Watch), which leaves me guessing that it'll be called something like "PokéWatch" in the English version.
I figured as much. This makes a lot more sense.

I read a post on Serebii that is from somebody who says they are in Japan and have the Coro Coro in question, and they say that next issue we will have: the package, info about battles, characters appearing in the game, new pokemons, wifi and new attacks... at least.

To which I say, "Boxart this early!? That's insane! Images of random trainers was pending, though, and if there is indeed boxart, we will have, as the list also suggests, new pokemon. I would also like to state that last time, we got the boxart of Ru/Sa one month prior to release, and by consequence, Groudon and Kyogre. Two months prior, we got the starters. This is beginning to support the early release rumor and we have a high possibility of starters being revealed or some other pokemon of great importance. Again, if it is true, which I don't know.

Ok, evidently the part about the pokemon was not translated well. Now I don't know what it is. Yeah, this info is not to be trusted very much. I was mostly wondering if someone that can translate it knows if there is going to be anything in the next one.

Who posted it? I can tell who the reliable sources are on that site.

We may see the starters at the Hobby Fair though.

EDIT: I saw the guy who posted that, and I've never heard of him before but he seems honest enough.

The Pokétchi also contains a calculator. Now, what possible in-game use could that have?

Also, it looks like evening will be the shortest time and that the change in light will be gradual during that period.

FabuVinny said:
The Pokétchi also contains a calculator. Now, what possible in-game use could that have?

That's what I thought when I read about it. Probably as a show-off, or could it be used to calculate the finer and complex mathematics behind the battling mechanics and stats?

Perhaps for fun? I don't know, just to make it feel like the Poketchi is a PDA sort of thing with tons of features.

A dictionary would be another feature. XD

Well, the official site updated, and they appear to be talking about something on the last page, but I don't know what. All it has is a picture of the male and female trainer, the two pics of capturing a female Geodude, and a pic with a different Munchlax sprite that looks like it's about to evolve. Oh, and I might be slow here, but the height and weight comparisons are on the same button of the dex. There is a mysterious fifth button that could be anything.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom