• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Scans of Diamond and Pearl!!

The final page discusses the 'plot' of the games. Which, not including the evil teams yet, is basically just "catch Pokemon, evolve Pokemon, beat Trainers.".

I always felt that, with the day/night feature, it would be cool to have a place like Scotland or Norway that is so high up that it is perpetually day or night, given the season.

You have to be within the Arctic or Antarctic Circle for there to be perpetual day/night. Scotland is definitely not as north as that.

EDIT: I found an unobstructed pic of Shinou, but it was much too small to see anything. I blew it up just for idle curiosity.

*utterly and completely pwned, see below*

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... I wonder why the evolution sprite for Munchlax is different from the battle sprite.

Also, I wonder if those rumours are just confused with that other rumor. If that holds true then its believable that 2 magazines could have the same info in march.

I also wonder if the box art is confused with the prize that came with this issue (But its doubtful), and I guess we don't have proof that Nintendo won't have the final Evolution of the Starters again on the Box, and the new pokemon are only the starters and another common monster (or something similar). Heck... They could do something really odd and put Lucario and Manaphy on the boxes.

---------------------

Actually, the different sprite for munchlax makes me wonder if there is a different sprite for physical, projectile, and special attacks.

If there is, then that'd be really cool, though It'd still wish the battles were 2.5D (with zooming and movement)

Last edited:
Sceptile726 said:
You have to be within the Arctic or Antarctic Circle for there to be perpetual day/night. Scotland is definitely not as north as that.

EDIT: I found an unobstructed pic of Shinou, but it was much too small to see anything. I blew it up just for idle curiosity.

I have a better one:

Shino.jpg

I also have it about a fifth larger but only as a PSD.

Sorry, I think you guys got the gist of what i was saying. When i was in Inverness, Scotland one summer it went to twilight for a few hours but that was the darkest it was. Even then, there was still more Scotland North of that and Scandanavia is even more North.

I don't see why tradition wouldn't be followed.

Looking at that map, it looks like you'll need to visit the town in the mountains to get to the other side. Or there could be a helpful cave. Either way, it looks like Fly will be more useful than ever.

Stavanger is pretty bright, but it is south norway. And boring as hell.

Anyway, yeah, coolies. Yep, can't say much, but I kind of want to steer clear of more info on this til I play the game it is much more awesome if you find it out through the game really.

I figured out what the fifth dex button is. It is labeled "sugata", which is figure, shape, appearance. Could it showcase the gender differences?

(Please forgive me for randomly switching between JP and dub names.)

Waii! The new Professor is SO COOL! (though he'll never be as cool as Ookido-hakase. ^_~) He's also the first "old professor" we've had since Ookido, that's cool (though he looks tubbier).

I don't think he looks "evil", though. I think he looks like he takes himself very seriously, maybe a little grumpy. (Unless his pose/expression is misleading, like R/B/Y Oak's is.) AND REALLY REALLY PALE. o_O;;; But I guess that's not surprising considering the apparent more-northerly position of Shinou (Shino in English then? Raikou kept the u at the end of its name, though, mostly because it was necessary for pronunciation, and so did all the other region names.... But "Shinou" might look too weird to whoever is in charge of "game-dub" names.)

Y'know what's funny? I thought that thing that Nanakamado was wearing was a black labcoat without lapels at first. My brother looked at it and said its a trenchcoat. Which is it? Or maybe it's a winter coat (the mountains here actually have snow, and his paleness, and the main characters have scarves... makes it seem colder. Maybe when Ash'n'co (whoever "n'co" ends up being) go there in the anime, they'll change clothes again, and actually get long sleeves! It's weird how most EVERYBODY wears short sleeves in the anime and games, unless its cold. I know I wear long sleeves most of the time, even in summer.)

I predict that Nankamado's dub first name might be Horace. He just looks the part, plus he bears a slight resemblance to Professor Slughorn (looks slightly tubby (but then, so does Ookido; but Nanakamado doesn't have a belt to blouse his shirt over as far as I can tell, like Ookido does), same facial hair and age) from Harry Potter. That seems like the kind of thing that the dubbers would pull, getting "Samuel" from "Yukinari" and "Jimmy" from "Kenta" (at least Jimmy/Kenta have the same amount of syllables...).

The orange two-tailed weasel thing? With the amount of attention its been getting, I think it might just be a starter. Whoo, that'd be cool if we finally got a mammalian Water starter! (So far we've gotten a turtle, a crocodile, and a lungfish thing. ~.~ Though after Squirtle, all the water starters have had "fire" colors on them (Totodile's back thingies, Mudkip's gill thingies), and this might be taking it too far.)

I can't WAIT for this game.... <3

The “orange two-tailed weasel thing” has a name, you know -_- “Buoysel” (although sometimes called “Buizeru,” which is the more literal yet incorrect translation). And it can’t be the water starter as its Shinou Pokédex number is 56.

The reason it’s been getting a lot of attention is because it deserves it :p I mean, it’s absolutely adorable and is finally a water Pokémon who’s design I adore. Who can’t like an otter with an inner tube around it’s neck?

hey in one of the scans it showed a pokemon card! awesome, looks like we get a promo with the game! double the awesomness!!! yay finnaly we get the day and night!

Shrike Flamestar said:
The “orange two-tailed weasel thing” has a name, you know -_- “Buoysel” (although sometimes called “Buizeru,” which is the more literal yet incorrect translation). And it can’t be the water starter as its Shinou Pokédex number is 56.

The reason it’s been getting a lot of attention is because it deserves it :p I mean, it’s absolutely adorable and is finally a water Pokémon who’s design I adore. Who can’t like an otter with an inner tube around it’s neck?

I just like the fact that it's an otter and looks like a quick swift Pokemon. I think I will probably keep one on my perminate team, in atleast a japanese version...

AkivaraII said:
I predict that Nankamado's dub first name might be Horace. He just looks the part, plus he bears a slight resemblance to Professor Slughorn

I also think Ghost Master will be right on the name Rowan. It sounds like an English/European Name (and he looks foreign in that manner), and a type of tree. All the other professors are named after trees so it makes sense.

Yeah, I definately can't wait for this game. Heck, I hope it comes out in Sept. so I can import quick, but I know it'll probably be Nov. or earily Dec... Oct at the earilest.. but this is my guess based off of Nintendo's release pattern.

I also don't really care if Lucario's a Legendary or not because I want 'em on my team with Bouysel.

Actually, though, now that I brought it up... Does anyone else feel like Lucario's Legendary status maybe in question again. I know there was a movie that centered around him, but I wonder if Pokemon/Nintendo wanted to have the Regis and Mew as the legendaries of the movie...

I doubt it though.. (actually, I still hope he is legendary, because he's a cool monster)

Oh, okay. And yes, I know it has a name, I just can't remember it.

I thought that yellow thing was a frill...?

I'm just tired of Water Pokemon with Fire-like coloring. :-?

EDIT: I hate posting at the same time as other people.... "Yukinari" and "Samuel" and "Philina/Filina/however you spell it" aren't exactly tree-related names, are they? I was talking about his *first* name. I think he will be called Professor Rowan too.

Y'know, I never got the point of the Regi's. What's their story? They're also ugly imo....

Rukario/Lucario's story seems to be very Legendary-like, though.

I wonder what this region's legendaries will be.... Other than Lucario and Manafi anyway.

Oak never got a first name in the games. That was an entirely anime creation. Elm and Birch never got first names at all. I see no reason to believe that Nanakamdo will get one either.

Yeah, I definately can't wait for this game. Heck, I hope it comes out in Sept. so I can import quick, but I know it'll probably be Nov. or earily Dec... Oct at the earilest.. but this is my guess based off of Nintendo's release pattern.

Nevermind Nintendo's release pattern, the games have a release window of autumn, which means any time from September to the end of October - and rarely does the end of October actually come into play, though it might in Japan where I believe they don't really celebrate Hallowe'en.

Either way, it'll be out before Hallowe'en, so no waiting for the end of November or December. (Both of which are, for obvious reasons, Winter, or as the Americans would say, "holidays")

Winter actually begins in late December, with the solstice. A lot of people seem to be thinking that "business" fall is different from actual fall, though. I also believe that we will either get it in October or November, and the US gets it early in 2007. However, for those that wish to remain optimistic, there is a possibility that it could be released as early as the end of September. Ru/Sa were translated within a bit more than 3 months. It would not be too much of a stretch for it to be translated and ready for the US by the end of the year, perhaps for Christmas. The demo being played is definitely a sign that they are further in development than I had anticipated. We have a lot more info than we had for Ru/Sa at this same point, although less new pokes. We are even getting boxart next month and we didn't get that for Ru/Sa until one month prior to its release. (This is how Groudon and Kyogre were revealed to us) Only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom