• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ninfia's English name revealed: Sylveon to be the English name of the new Eeveelution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ninfia's English name revealed: Sylveon to be the English name of the new Eeveelu

Well, I'm just gonna throw this out there...
Since a lot of the prefixes in the other languages are saying words such as "spirit", why can't this be the ghost type eevolution?

I too was curious what all the names meant so we could get a pool of name info from everywhere.

Re: Ninfia's English name revealed: Sylveon to be the English name of the new Eeveelu

This Pokémon is most likely a Dragon-type.
If you look at the typing of all eeveelutions, you see that they are all the types on the special side of the special-physical split in Generation 3.
The only type that was missing is dragon, and this eeveelution seems to fill that spot with flying colors.
This eeveelution has both colors commonly attributed to the dragon type: blue and red. Both of these colors make up the icon of the type.
It has a name that doesn't seem to fit any type in particular.

If you look at the typing of all eeveelutions, you see that they are all the types on the special side of the special-physical split in Generation 3.
The only type that was missing is dragon, and this eeveelution seems to fill that spot with flying colors.

I don't really think this means anything, I think it's more of a coincidence. Besides, I think Sylveon looks more flying or Normal typed than Dragon

This eeveelution has both colors commonly attributed to the dragon type: blue and red. Both of these colors make up the icon of the type.

Meh, it's more pink than red I think, and even so, just because it has those colours, it doesn't mean it is Dragon. Flygon, Kyurem, Reshiram, Giratina, Palkia, Rayquaza and Zekrom don't have red or blue in their colours, but are still Dragon typed.

It has a name that doesn't seem to fit any type in particular.

Most commonly attributed?

Dragon (type) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Apart from Druddigon's face, Garchomp's belly, and Salamence's wings, red isn't a predominant colour for the type. Even then, Druddigon's the only one who gets classified in the red colour group.

And Sylveon's mostly pink. So really, if you're going to go by colours

What if it doesn't have a special type at all? There has been a lot of speculation about it being a girl-only eeveelution. What if that's it? What if the two new eeveelutions are just normal types, but one is a girl and one is a boy?

If that's not it, then I guess I'd go with flying. It just seems odd to have a flying-type evolution without any sort of wings.

What if it doesn't have a special type at all? There has been a lot of speculation about it being a girl-only eeveelution. What if that's it? What if the two new eeveelutions are just normal types, but one is a girl and one is a boy?

If that's not it, then I guess I'd go with flying. It just seems odd to have a flying-type evolution without any sort of wings.

Ok, I see some merit there. It is mostly pink, with blue tips. Perhaps the male eevolution will be blue with pink tips? If thats the case, I bet these eevolutions are Normal typed.

Or, we could have an 18th type to add to the chart....it just really doesn't look like anything. So either its normal or its brand new....

Like the name, haaaaaaate the design. A bowtie, really? THIS ISN'T THE DOCTOR

I was expecting Nympheon of Ninfeon but Sylveon sounds cool. With what others said , I'm guess it's gonna be a Flying type.

I don't think they'd allow a name like 'Nympheon'... For obvious reasons.

This name only makes my curiosity over what type it is even greater. It seems like it might be a gender evolution though... I wonder if we'll get a male-only equivalent?

I've seen on other sites that people think that there will be another Eeveelution introduced. I don't think that's true... I mean, why would they only show one of them and not the other? Favoritism, much? If there were going to be two, I would think they'd give us both at the same time. Sylveon seems to be the only one we get in this generation. I'm not too sure about the gender-based evolution theory, either. I would find that more likely if Eevee's gender ratio was 50% for both genders. If you notice, all gender-based evolutions feature Pokemon that have 50% male/female ratios. I don't know; I just don't think it's all too likely for Sylveon to be a female-only Pokemon, but you never know.

I get the feeling they're using Sylveon to introduce a new type entirely. Though I don't think there needs to be a new type, the typing has worked fine since genII (Steel and Dark were needed to balance Psychic).

Remember that Dragon is the only formerly all-special type that Eevee can't currently evolve into, maybe it's that.

They say that it's going to be "Heart" this new type. Maybe the opposite of light?

I don't really think a new type is necessary. I mean, there are other types that could be rebalanced to make them more fun (like poison) rather than adding another type.

I don't really think a new type is necessary. I mean, there are other types that could be rebalanced to make them more fun (like poison) rather than adding another type.

It'd be hilarious if it ended up a poison type. Bright colours can be a warning, indicating they're poisonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom