• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official PokéShippers - Reformation meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant find the interview but this mentions it:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masamitsu_Hidaka

The guy also reveals the truth about pokeshipping, advanceshipping and pearlshipping at the end in which ash's lovelife is revealed! Dum Dum Dum!
you know ive been a fan since the begining and this is upseting to say the least but as long as ash and misty are characters in the show ill support this shipping

*BLEEEEEPING* Writers

Who the hell had the idea to get rid of misty i think we should start a petition to bring her back... FOR GOOD!

Last edited:
Petitioning would obviously do no good whatsoever. Pokeshipping lives on no matter what Misty's role on the show is. I think that's what it should be left at. There's an extremely slim to none chance that Misty will be returning full-time, regardless of the fans wishes. She'll continue to get cameo appearances though, don't worry.

she needs too become a more commonly recurring supporting character at least

A really good question!

Hey everybody, I just had a really good question and I wondered if anybody knew the answer to it from interviews/word-of-mouth/at all.

Has Satoshi Tajiri (the creator of Pokemon) ever endorsed an actual shipping? Has he ever said anything about any of Ash's possible romantic interests?

Hey everybody, I just had a really good question and I wondered if anybody knew the answer to it from interviews/word-of-mouth/at all.

Has Satoshi Tajiri (the creator of Pokemon) ever endorsed an actual shipping? Has he ever said anything about any of Ash's possible romantic interests?

nope not that ive heard of

Ok, I'll step up...

How about this?

Does anybody think there are some particularly underrated or under-stated Pokeshipping hints out there? I just watched Gotta Catch Ya Later, and was paying special attention to some of Misty's body language...

After defeating the Invincible Pokemon Brothers and Team Rocket, Ash compliments Misty. Misty says, "Thanks, Ash, that's sweet." Naturally, Ash is a retard, and confusedly says, "huh?" Misty clarifies herself by thanking Ash for "always being a good friend" to her. True to Ash's clueless character, this is a sentiment that he can understand. He immediately perks up and says "Sure!"

Then after a pause, Ash says... "Misty?"
Misty VISIBLY acts eager. Watch how she leans forward, almost expectingly. Of course, she probably expects some greater degree of affection from Ash on this parting day that has been pretty sad for her.

Of course, he disappoints her. When he says, "Your bike's there...," Misty leans back, and her tone of voice says it all: a very disheartened, "Oh..."

Of course, this only reinforces the Misty side of Pokeshipping, but I still think that the way she leans forward expectingly after probingly calling Ash "sweet," and then showing disappointment, is definitely a hint not commonly examined as far as Pokeshipping hints go.

So much of communication is un-spoken! The prolongued eye contact at the time of their farewell also attests to that; those are things that 4Kids cannot dub-in!

Well... what do y'all think? Any other under-stated or underrated hints out there?

Last edited:
How about this?

Does anybody think there are some particularly underrated or under-stated Pokeshipping hints out there? I just watched Gotta Catch Ya Later, and was paying special attention to some of Misty's body language...

After defeating the Invincible Pokemon Brothers and Team Rocket, Ash compliments Misty. Misty says, "Thanks, Ash, that's sweet." Naturally, Ash is a retard, and confusedly says, "huh?" Misty clarifies herself by thanking Ash for "always being a good friend" to her. True to Ash's clueless character, this is a sentiment that he can understand. He immediately perks up and says "Sure!"

Then after a pause, Ash says... "Misty?"
Misty VISIBLY acts eager. Watch how she leans forward, almost expectingly. Of course, she probably expects some greater degree of affection from Ash on this parting day that has been pretty sad for her.

Of course, he disappoints her. When he says, "Your bike's there...," Misty leans back, and her tone of voice says it all: a very disheartened, "Oh..."

Of course, this only reinforces the Misty side of Pokeshipping, but I still think that the way she leans forward expectingly after probingly calling Ash "sweet," and then showing disappointment, is definitely a hint not commonly examined as far as Pokeshipping hints go.

So much of communication is un-spoken! The prolongued eye contact at the time of their farewell also attests to that; those are things that 4Kids cannot dub-in!

Well... what do y'all think? Any other under-stated or underrated hints out there?

Dude, you're totally right. Pretty much any time when misty has shown a different facial expression or body language can be seen whenever another girl flirts with ash ***cough***Macy*Melody***cough**. She always shows different signs that are commonly ignored and as you said, you can not dub any of these in! Or completely invent like Misty's Song.

Dude, you're totally right. Pretty much any time when misty has shown a different facial expression or body language can be seen whenever another girl flirts with ash ***cough***Macy*Melody***cough**. She always shows different signs that are commonly ignored and as you said, you can not dub any of these in! Or completely invent like Misty's Song.

That is so true.

In fact, I am planning to make a future fanfic (one of my first :D) where in Sinnoh, there is a Water Contest, where everyone uses water Pokemon. Misty and May come to compete, as well as Kenny and Zoey. It one part Kenny or Zoey will tease about Dawn and Ash (because of their outfits), how in the future they will be together and stuff, and then Misty outbursts so jealous filled :p

It sounds so cheesy, and it probably will be.

I also plan to draw some things in the fanfic (ex: the contest clothes, Pokemon move, ect.)

For Misty, I think her excuse to be in Sinnoh is either to:

1. Get a water Pokemon (preferably one that has not yet made a debut...)
2. Showcase her Togekiss
3. Compete in some water Olympics, water contest, or water related event

I like the last one, because everyone (except for Paul and Nando (what happened to that guy?)) has at least one water type...

Ash- Biuzel, Squirtle (who is taking some time off from firefighting), Totodile, Kingler, Corphish

Misty- Any Pokemon from her gym, except for Azuril (it is a normal type with water moves)

Brock- Marshstomp, Ludicolo

Dawn- Piplup

May- Wartortle

Zoey- pink Shellos, Finneon

Kenny- Prinplup

Paul- none, unless he plans to get one

Nando- None, unless he plans to make more appearances other than 3 episodes. :)P)

Last edited:
Thanks.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback! Keep it going, though; don't let this thread die out. What about the question? Any underrated or understated moments?

If that's boring, how about this:

What are some moments from the show where Misty's body language is PokeShippy?

This can include stammering, blushing, touching, postitioning, whatever...

(E.g., when she says "I've never met anyone like him! He really does love Pokemon!" in Episode 3.)

So, again, two questions are still on the floor!

In the movie Pokeshipping, erm, Pokemon the Movie 200o, Melody makes a comment along the lines of "Ash's girlfriend is here," and then we see Misty with a goofy grin on her face. I loved that scene.

I think it's sad that Ash has never shown more hints towards Misty, really :/

Besides the eppie where he turned into a ghost and picked up Misty....I can't think of another moment where it was...hint-y. Unless we count the number of times he blushed along with Misty when accused, lol.

As time's getting on in the animé, I do believe it's time they plonked Misty back in and get a new hint for once from *his* side.

I think it's sad that Ash has never shown more hints towards Misty, really :/

Besides the eppie where he turned into a ghost and picked up Misty....I can't think of another moment where it was...hint-y. Unless we count the number of times he blushed along with Misty when accused, lol.

As time's getting on in the animé, I do believe it's time they plonked Misty back in and get a new hint for once from *his* side.

He seemed jealous of the attention that Rudy gave her back in the Orange Islands, if that counts as an Ash hint. *shrugs*

Lack of Evidence from Ash

Yeah, I think Ash's hints were mainly shown through jealousy. It seems a lack of hints from his part is one of the big arguments against Pokeshipping.

Opponents call it a "one-sided" ship, and they're right, but bear in mind, Ash didn't reject Misty or imply that he actively disliked her... he was simply clueless one way or the other!

In the capacity that he *does* understand, i.e. friendship, he has actually shown a great deal of affection for her. No character, save Pikachu, has ever come close to sharing as many "moments" with Ash than Misty. That includes the hints and friendship moments. I think that in his own way of showing it, Misty was treated as special in her relationship/dynamic with Ash on the show. Her position as his best/oldest friend was kind of honored with the lure in Season 10, I think.

Really, every shred of behavior from Ash suggests that he not only doesn't dislike Misty, he really likes her, but is just too dumb to pick up on her feelings. Wasn't that the whole idea behind "Gotta Catch Ya Later?"

Finally, don't forget the most time-honored TV story/plot trope----the One Sided Crush-----which was immortalized by the TV show FRIENDS and continues even now, with all of its dramatic tension-building unresolved sexual tension in shows like Grey's Anatomy. Maybe the reason Ash and Misty's relationship hasn't been acted upon yet is because it's good writing not to! Once the chase is over, so to speak, it's often hard for writers to recapture the fun of when the characters were crushing, waiting for that glorious moment when their feelings would be revealed, the pair confronted, and the ever-awaited reciprocation/kiss/consummation that is usually saved for the last episode of the last season!

Anyway, part of what makes Pokeshipping so much fun is its One Sidedness. He's such a retard, and while that ticks us off, won't it be all the more fun when Ash finally grows up, gets interested in girls, and maybe realizes what Rudy meant by "You're a really lucky guy...You'll see someday!"

Okay, can I join in?

I don't want to sound mean or anything,
but I've never seen Ash cry so much since
the episode gotta catch ya later (even when
May left him)., but hey that's just my
opinion and what I've obserbed anyway^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom