• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pearlshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you react/feel if Dawn kissed Ash?

Depends on the nature of the kiss. Cheek would make me happy but not that excited because many people kiss cheeks to greet pals. On the mouth is a different story. I would jump in a triangle out of happyness and excitement, if Satoshi would enjoy it. If he would react "cold" I would explode in rage.

I have read somewhere that in Japan kissing on the cheek is considered mostly romantic, so they don't need to french kiss to show affection. But indeed, if Ash gets kissed by whatever girl the writers may finally combine him with, his reaction is more important than the type of kiss indeed.

I can easily imagine a kiss on the cheek for Ash from Dawn, most likely an expression of her gratitude for everything he's done for her. Ash has gotten closer to Dawn than I've seen with other girls in the past, if appropriately within the show. I don't blame him, considering Dawn's cheerfulness and other attributes.

Do you think people that there's more chance to advanceshipping or pearlshipping to happen?

Do you think people that there's more chance to advanceshipping or pearlshipping to happen?

I'm not necessarily one to speculate about questions of that nature, but I will state that although I feel more comfortable with Advanceshipping than I do with either Pokéshipping or Contestshipping, my interest in optimism, innovation, and curiosity is the key factor influencing my support for Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship. Pearlshipping may be picking up some speed if the Serebii Pearlshippers' discussion of Dawn's latest effort to reassure Ash prevails, and I will be happy to see Ash and Dawn get even closer to each other as they have.

Hmmm.. I agree with C7CACorncas12. I honestly feel more comfortable with Advanceshipping than Pokeshipping or.. Morpheusshipping I'm not sure if this is because or same-ish amount of hints or just because I'm more inclined to belive Contestshipping is ready to happen! I was rather dissapointed with the lack of hints although I think there's more on Ash hints with Pearlshipping than the others (Correct me if I'm wrong I haven't been here in a while!)

I would consider "High Touch" very compelling as a summary of which Pearlshipping is really about, at least in terms of a general audience, between Ash and Dawn's happiness at being there for each other, their battling partnership involving Pikachu and Piplup, respectively, and their smiles through space and time. There may very well be more moments to come between Ash and Dawn, as I've recollected during my observations of their romantic friendship.

I can't wait for DP133 to come~ It seems like Satoshi & Hikari will be alone while Takeshi goes off to get something for the Pokemon. ;3

PK0082 from Serebii said:
Now here's something only my fellow Pearlshippers would get.
A brand new episode preview summary translation. =D

133.jpg

Uxie's Shadow!

Satoshi and his friends visits Pokemon Center.
Saotshi is heartbroken to see his injured Pokemons. For Saotshi, Hikari and Pochama moves into an action to encourage him.
Meanwhile Takeshi, who helps Nurse Joy, goes out to search for berries that will cure injured Pokemons. It was that moment when Takeshi witnesses legendary Pokemon Uxie.

So Takeshi helps Nurse Joy and leaves the group for awhile searching for berries through out the episode...
Hikari is going to be the only person who will be right next to Satoshi........
Everyone, it looks like DP 133 is going to be a nice Pearlshippy episode!!

ADDED
I forgot to explain this.
Under the picture, the blue letter is written as "Hikari and Pochama wants to encourage Satoshi."
Seeing headline like that is on picture big (it is weird because that is a scene from DP 002. I guess they don't want to spoil it?), it looks like it's going to be a crucial plot in episode.

Sparking a new moment of friendship between Ash and Dawn? I might consider watching "Doc Brock" again to begin regathering my thoughts about this uniquely energetic couple over the coming days and weeks. Whether they're happy or sad, these two kids seem to be able to express their emotions together. I trust that they'll be able to do so for the future.

I can't wait for DP133 to come~ It seems like Satoshi & Hikari will be alone while Takeshi goes off to get something for the Pokemon. ;3

Yeah, but, even if they be alone, nothing will happen between them, cause these directors don't like love in the show.

Yeah, but, even if they be alone, nothing will happen between them, cause these directors don't like love in the show.

Yes it's true that the directors don't go on a full blown love spree, but ya never know. Obviously they won't kiss anytime soon, though there is a chance that they'll hug or something along the lines like that. Hikari's going to comfort Satoshi and she'll probably think of how many times he has comforted her during her contest losses.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned how clearly tense and nervous Dawn was about Ash's battle with Paul? That was cute.

It may be a hint although even I get a little jumpy when Paul and Ash battle, but I'm not in love with Ash... Paul is just scary.

Is it me, or is Pearlshipping beginning to pick up speed a bit? Not that I'm complaining, of course, but I can note the distinct opportunity for Ash and Dawn to strengthen their bond. There might even be a small breakthrough in store for these two kids, extending what happened during Pachirisu's electricity overload. I'm certainly keeping an ear open for Dawn to use her catch phrase to Ash, inspiring an exchange of smiles between both of them.

It may be a hint although even I get a little jumpy when Paul and Ash battle, but I'm not in love with Ash... Paul is just scary.

But anytime she was shown reacting in that way, the camera focused on her, panning up her body and showing her gripping her hands together in her lap and showing her facial expression. Brock and Reggie didn't show any emotion but Dawn was quite different.

True, but then again Dawn tends to get emotional a lot. Just remember how down she everytime got when she lost a contest, or when she had trouble training Pachirisu, when she had just caught him. One would expect a strong reaction from her, Brock only reacts strong when there are possible wedding candidates for him around...

Brock only reacts strong when there are possible wedding candidates for him around...
Ha! That is so true! It's weird how someone mentioned how the directors don't like love in the show.. I think it's a real shame that they pin all the "Romance" On Brock.. on some occasions other characters Angie or Annabel but still, I think it would be nice to see how some of the main characters would react in a situation like that.. and how the directors would pair ships up!
C7CACorncas12.. I am in total agreement with you! I watched most of the first gen anime and the Hoenn saga and Pearlshipping is definitely speeding up, In my opinion more so than Advance or Pokeshipping.

I know this is random but does anyone else think that they might keep Dawn as a main character? I get so fed up of characters leaving the series and Dawn seems more of an Equal to Ash.. I could be wrong though.. I can remember thinking this Mid-Hoenn saga.
I also think Paul is scary.. Nice to know I'm not alone! :p

No. Nobody expected May to leave, but she did. The sad truth is the anime is and always has been primarily one big games ad. Ash, Brock, and Pikachu stick around for the sake of brand recognition. The third "twerp" is a game ad and female eye candy. :p

It'd be great if she stayed, sure, but it won't happen.

No. Nobody expected May to leave, but she did. The sad truth is the anime is and always has been primarily one big games ad. Ash, Brock, and Pikachu stick around for the sake of brand recognition. The third "twerp" is a game ad and female eye candy. :p

It'd be great if she stayed, sure, but it won't happen.

I would love if May stays too, but the writters now want to explore the caracter of Dawn, and her actions with Ash and the others. As a supporter of pearlshipping, I really believe that Dawn is a really good match to Ash, cause they like the same personality and have pokemons that like each other. We can too include the obstination of them, the spirit of never give up as good caracteristics of them. It's interesting to see how Dawn has moments with Ash that makes her blush. I believe she is like Misty was, but a little more mature.....maybe not.(hehehe)

I don't see Dawn like a mature Misty. Dawn is much more easy going, too much for a just a little more matured personality. Dawn just gets along with many people quite well. Shipping-wise I think this is far less interesting than the sparks we saw flying between Ash and Misty, and more recently between Angie and Ash. I think that is what is needed in a good relationship. Some arguing, then kiss and make up. At least it would provide the writers with some nice ideas. When I imagine Dawn and Ash together I tend do come up with:

Do you want to go to the movies Dawn?
Yes, cool Ash!
Or maybe go to a fancy restaurant?
Sounds cool too!
Or a walk on the beach?
Also cool!

etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom