• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet anime (MODS' UPDATE 23/08/2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very curious to how the starters are going to sound in the anime, specifically in the English dub.

Especially the grass starter Sprigatito since has a long 4 syllable name. I can picture Fuecoco mostly saying “coco” and Quaxly is the most easiest to predict since it will most likely “quack” like a duck and it helps that it’s name starts with Qua.
Sprigatito by Christina Vee

I think it depends on the SV game system. If the game have a gym + pokemon league (and maybe school too), he will probably travel to that region and participate in pokemon league in there if this region is interesting enough to be featured in one series (you know our boy excitement of pokemon is endless even after being a champion of orange island, Battle frontier and alola league). Or if not, maybe we will get another JN pt.2 or the extended series of Pocket Monster (2019) like they did back in late 90s with the same character and possibly koharu will appear more frequently or even end up travelling together (because with this pace, JN character still not developed well to be ended after JN so i think they need more air time to be fine to retire). Or even they could make ash go to SV's region by the Johto and battle frontier way (like for example when he lost defending his champion title in Alola to strong pokemon from SV region or win but in hardest way that making ash think about that strong pokemon at the end of it).

Honestly, i do want to see ash to battle galar gym battle like in unique way like for example (he want to battle both bea's and allister gym simillar to the way he choose to battle all cilan's brother which is both of that is not possible in the game.)

Well, afterall JN mainly focused not in galar only, but in divided in 3 regions like galar (swsh), sinnoh (bdsp, pla), and kanto (vermillion city similar to melemele island where he resides in alola during SM).

I think it depends on the SV game system. If the game have a gym + pokemon league (and maybe school too), he will probably travel to that region and participate in pokemon league in there if this region is interesting enough to be featured in one series (you know our boy excitement of pokemon is endless even after being a champion of orange island, Battle frontier and alola league). Or if not, maybe we will get another JN pt.2 or the extended series of Pocket Monster (2019) like they did back in late 90s with the same character and possibly koharu will appear more frequently or even end up travelling together (because with this pace, JN character still not developed well to be ended after JN so i think they need more air time to be fine to retire). Or even they could make ash go to SV's region by the Johto and battle frontier way (like for example when he lost defending his champion title in Alola to strong pokemon from SV region or win but in hardest way that making ash think about that strong pokemon at the end of it).

Honestly, i do want to see ash to battle galar gym battle like in unique way like for example (he want to battle both bea's and allister gym simillar to the way he choose to battle all cilan's brother which is both of that is not possible in the game.)

Well, afterall JN mainly focused not in galar only, but in divided in 3 regions like galar (swsh), sinnoh (bdsp, pla), and kanto (vermillion city similar to melemele island where he resides in alola during SM).
The only issue if it has a standard league and gyms. That could be very devisive. Especially if he beats Leon.

They could continue journeys but it seems like we're reaching the end game. I hope they don't continue tho. Want to see new characters

That could be very devisive. Especially if he beats Leon.
He won't. It will even more divisive than going back to the Badge Quest after becoming the #1.

Or if not, maybe we will get another JN pt.2
Do people really want to repeat that mistake?

The new region needs the complete focus, no more sharing since that ruined Galar.

The only issue if it has a standard league and gyms. That could be very devisive. Especially if he beats Leon.

They could continue journeys but it seems like we're reaching the end game. I hope they don't continue tho. Want to see new characters
I have some thoughts that chairman rose could infiltrate PWC or project mew since he is still in hideout. Or making ash lose to leon in finals or to other champion / elite 4 in master class (that way, other champion and e4 still have some pride). Or made him lost from people from SV region with strong SV pokemon that drives him curious to discover SV's pokemon (or being ordered to discover SV region and pokemon since he's a research assistant of professor cerise, the same way professor oak gives ash errand of gs ball and end up participating in orange league back in OS days). Even if he wins the pwc that doesn't mean that he is a pokémon master, its like his title was being the best of the best from the very best, even Pokémon company officialy states that pokémon master is a mystery title that left to the imaginations and interpretations of pokémon fans and remains mysterious to this day (which technically a dream that goes on by being the best of the best from every aspect of pokemon not only battling.)

Retiring ash is not possible since his pikachu is the core of the show like a necessary character species that should be in there to represent the most recognizable pokemon and the mascot of pokémon. Also his pikachu has a deep history that his pikachu is one of main reason that pikachu popularity rose back in the late 90s when entire pokémon franchise was in their biggest hit and ended up being most popular and recognizable pokémon and serves as pokémon's mascot and even one of nintendo's major mascot.
Separating Ash and his pikachu also a dumbest thing since the show portrays unbreakable and unseparable bond between them.

And to end anime like the way avengers did with endgame is not the thing they would ever do, it's like you ignoring the possible profit from anime of no.1 video game franchise in the world. Mainly its not like the western avengers that the great story that you could end at anytime. Its an anime that promoting the games is top priority in their mind, like in JN that mainly promotes pokemon go in the form of character goh (that game crossed 1 bln+ download would be a missed opportunity to not promote), Pokemon sword and shield (JN is gen 8 anime), and BDSP + PLA (For being sinnoh is one of region that majorly featured in JN by bringng back its legendary arc).

He won't. It will even more divisive than going back to the Badge Quest after becoming the #1.

Do people really want to repeat that mistake?

The new region needs the complete focus, no more sharing since that ruined Galar.
In my opinion. JN arc is still early to end with a proper story until this day since the story is horrible enough to end prematurely, especially its character with its slow paced development. So its possible thing to do maybe we will get same character different region in next series like back in OS days.

Hope they could make a great story with remaining time, its a rule that we should not judge the whole series until its end. Who knows that the final part of journey could be the good one.

Also it depends on what system that are they using, if in SV they use a Pokemon league and e4 system again, they probably will promote them in the new anime regardless of pwc (that makes sense since that out there could be a stronger trainer than leon that doesn't compete in pwc. Even the galar arc in JN is mainly done by ash and goh by summoning zacian and zamazenta, not the leon himself)

Last edited:
Where did you get that?
The fact that the series falls along both the franchise’s and the anime itself’s 25th anniversary of 2021 and 2022 respectively. Given that the series suddenly decided to cover all 8 regions and featured returns from the past 25 years, it’s something that’s pretty easy to infer even without outright being stated.
He's pretty good at changing partners.
No, he changes shouldermon, not partners. Cinderace being his first Pokémon is one who is always within his team even if he isn’t always onscreen. Just as you’ll never see Ash without Pikachu, May without Blaziken in her team, Dawn without Piplup, Iris without Haxorus, etc. Even more so when the Pokémon is a stater Pokémon from a specific generation.

In my opinion. JN arc is still early to end with a proper story until this day since the story is horrible enough to end prematurely, especially its character with its slow paced development. So its possible thing to do maybe we will get same character different region in next series like back in OS days.

Hope they could make a great story with remaining time, its a rule that we should not judge the whole series until its end. Who knows that the final part of journey could be the good one.

Also it depends on what system that are they using, if in SV they use a Pokemon league and e4 system again, they probably will promote them in the new anime regardless of pwc (that makes sense since that out there could be a stronger trainer than leon that doesn't compete in pwc. Even the galar arc in JN is mainly done by ash and goh by summoning zacian and zamazenta, not the leon himself)
I mean it was officially stated that ash is about to fight Leon and goh project mew is coming to an end. Seems like they are done with koharu development. So yeah, journey seems like it's done. I wouldn't say too early. Journey had enough time (3 years) like other series. The issue is pacing.

I don't see the point of pont of continuing journeys for 2 generations when it seems everyone arc is pretty much finished

How I think it will go down:

First of all, Ash ditches his Journeys team (excluding Pikachu) in Vermillion, AKA Ambipom land.

Ash travels to SV land because someone mentioned it once in a passing conversation. He finds a classroom full of beginner trainers and decides to battle the most annoying one. After losing the fight, the prof of the region (who is also the teacher) asks Ash if he wants to join the class. Ash says yes and he's yet again enrolled in bottle episode hell.

The next few episodes have Ash learn super basic things like types, picking a starter, learning to throw and Poké Ball and bonding with Pokémon. By episode 10 the teacher decides to teach the class really random subjects like learning to juggle and playing with sock puppets. It's at this point everyone but the main cast leave the class because they're the only ones smart enough to realise the school is a joke.

And oh, did I mention one of the characters has a shiny, regional variant of Charizard? Also it can Mega Evolve.

Previews always try to hype things, use of the word "climax" doesn't mean anything.

Found the interview. It neither say that he'll battle Leon soon, nor Project Mew is ending soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom