• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokémon Sun & Moon Mafia - Endgame - 18/3/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2 start

Soon after the battle with Plumeria, Sun/Moon cleared their second Grand Trial, visited Aether Paradise alongside Hau and Aether Branch Chief Faba, then left off for Ula'ula Island's Malie City. Upon landing there, Hau had something to say:

"Land ahoy! All right! Terra firma under foot again!
Ula'ula Island is, like, another totally different place than Melemele or Akala, huh!
I've got an idea, Sun/Moon! Let's have a battle!
I want my Pokémon to get a deep breath of this fresh new air! Don't worry. I'll make sure both our teams are in fighting form first."

His lead was that annoying Alolan Raichu that sets up Nasty Plot and sweeps through teams, yet Doctor Hoo managed to defeat it with an astonishing flurry of super-effective Astonish attacks that all made it flinch, talk about astonishing luck. He then switched to Flareon, so Sun/Moon switched out to Washiwishi the Wishiwashi and easily defeated it. Finally, he sent out Brionne, and Doctor Hoo was sent out, emerging victorious once again.

"Bwah!! I had my breath held that whole battle!
Bwah! That battle took my breath away! I can't breathe the fresh air that way!"

Dear DarthWolf13, you are Hau:
170px-Sun_Moon_Hau.png
Hau is described as a big-hearted boy who quickly befriends the player once they move to the Alola region. He is the grandson of Hala, who is the Kahuna of Melemele Island, and his favorite food is malasada, a famous treat in the Alola region. One of the villagers in Iki Town, where they live, comments that as a boy, Hau had once witnessed Hala in a rage, which frightened him to the point of tears. Nothing Hala did could comfort him, which he claims is the reason why Hala is "too soft" on Hau.

Once the player has chosen a starter Pokémon, Hau will challenge the player using the starter Pokemon weak to the player's choice. Upon losing, he quickly shrugs off his defeat as he says that he is having fun. He also embarks on the Island challenge at the same time as the player, and completes the challenges at around the same pace, until at the most Sophocles's trial. Hau's happy-go-lucky attitude affects most of his early battles as he didn't mind losing, something that irritates Gladion after their first battle.

Hau joins the player on a tour in the Aether Paradise after finishing their Akala Island trials. He is shocked to hear from Lusamine that she is over forty years old, and also comments that she looks like Lillie without knowing of their connection.

When the Aether Building is raided by Team Skull, Hau manages to win a battle against a Team Skull Grunt, but says that battles he can't afford to lose aren't any fun. Before the player returns from Po Town, Hau loses a critical battle against Team Skull Admin Plumeria when she and her grunts kidnaps Lillie, and is left depressed and in doubt of his own skills because of this.

Hau joins the player and Gladion in their attempt to rescue Lillie and her Cosmog from the Aether Foundation. He is constantly irritated by Gladion's orders and lack of explaining, but manages to take down several Aether Foundation Employee with him and the player before reaching Lillie. He is surprised when Lusamine reveals that Lillie and Gladion were her children. When Lusamine attempts to open up the Ultra Beasts wormholes, Gladion orders Hau to keep Guzma busy while he deals with the recently-arrived Nihilego, but Lusamine and Guzma manages to achieve their objective and escape.

When the player is about to travel to Poni Island, Hau expresses his intention to hold back the island challenge and train himself with Hala instead, finding himself not sufficiently strong enough yet. When the player is about to enter the Pokémon League building, Hau catches up to them and challenges the player to another battle. Upon losing, Hau reaffirms his determination to get stronger, and spurs the player on for his Pokémon League challenge. The day after the player becomes the Champion, Lillie departs for Kanto without having been able to say it to the player and Hau, who is devastated by this and is left in tears after Lillie's ship has left.

Hau is one of the possible NPCs who can challenge the player for the title of Champion, implying that he has completed all his island trials. He will always be the first challenger to appear after the player has defeated the Elite Four for the second time.

-Bulbapedia

Because you may only eat Malasadas from certified Malasada Shops, you may not be poisoned. As a result, you are Poisonproof. Any attempts to get you poisoned will fail. Additionally, because of your tendency to be loud, you have the Loud modifier. If you perform any night actions on another player, that player will know it was you who visited them. Finally, because of your dream to become strong and one day succeed your grandfather Hala as Kahuna, you are the Kahuna Backup. If any of the four Kahunas (Melemele Kahuna Hala, Akala Kahuna Olivia, Ula'ula Kahuna Nanu or Poni Kahuna Hapu) are eliminated, you inherit their powers. If they have used any limited shots of their roles, you do not inherit those shots.

You are aligned with the Alolan Islanders and win when all other factions are eliminated while at least one member of your own faction is alive.
DarthWolf13 was killed. He was Hau, Town Poisonproof Loud Kahuna Backup

As Sun/Moon approached Malie Garden, Professor Kukui informed them that someone had stolen the jammer from Aether Paradise and using it to jam signals all over Alola. He suspects it was Team Skull.

It is now Day 2. It will end in 48 hours, unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 15 players alive, 10 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

Outside communication is prohibited for the duration of this phase (potential exceptions may be individually pointed out).

I kinda expected this after he outed a Skull member.

That's a lot of roles. Didn't Aussie say about having more than onr ability, too?

Does everybody have more than two roles? Or is Darth and Aussie the exception?

That's a lot of roles. Didn't Aussie say about having more than onr ability, too?

Does everybody have more than two roles? Or is Darth and Aussie the exception?

I think they're the exception.

darths role actually wasn't that great. Backup with loud. We don't even know what the kahunas can do
nanu is likely the cop, and a backup cop seems useful enough to me

any ideas of who to look at today? I'm wary of aussie, especially given how claiming bulletproof doesn't exactly help the town. If the mafia didn't know they might have attacked him and wasted a kill, but now they do know, defeating the point of the alleged role. It also seems like a safe role for scum to claim.

any ideas of who to look at today? I'm wary of aussie, especially given how claiming bulletproof doesn't exactly help the town. If the mafia didn't know they might have attacked him and wasted a kill, but now they do know, defeating the point of the alleged role. It also seems like a safe role for scum to claim.
Maybe, maybe not... But you realize that going after something they can't kill at night like this would be something the mafia would do, right? So fingering me does make you look suspicious too.

Might be risky, and if it is too risky don't do it, but did Darth give the claims he got to anyone-- cause if he got any suspicious sounding claims it could be worth outing them or at the very least confiding in someone trustworthy enough to see if they're worth pursuing.

AussieEevee said:
Maybe, maybe not... But you realize that going after something they can't kill at night like this would be something the mafia would do, right? So fingering me does make you look suspicious too.
Tbh the 'reverse psychology' defenses always seem pretty scummy to me and that's essentially what you're doing here. There's no way to prove your claim, so unfortunately the only thing to go off of is your reactions in thread. Also why are you oddly insistent on Lusamine being mafia rather than possibly an independent? Does this relate to your ability in some way?? I can't think of why else you'd be this persistent with that logic.

Getting off the subject of AussieEevee for a moment, I also would like to mention Max's random vanilla claim in Day 1. I see no good reason as to why he did that, and someone (can't remember who) I think mentioned that it was weird behavior for him?

Also why are you oddly insistent on Lusamine being mafia rather than possibly an independent? Does this relate to your ability in some way?? I can't think of why else you'd be this persistent with that logic.

A little. My character is immensely powerful, that I have to wonder if the mafia have an extremely powerful character on their side. Lusamine, head of Aether and Team Skull, merged with UB-01, makes a heck of a lot of sense to me.

But the character isn't relevant... I'm convinced the mafia have a powerful character on their side.

Regarding your question, claiming vanilla day 1 does seem a little weird... especially in a role madness game like this.

Max is, well, Max. I think the claim is just him being himself. That does mean that if he ever tried to deceive us, we wouldn't be able to tell, but in general I don't think he's lying simply because I have no reason that is out of character for him to simply state that.

I'm willing to change my mind with evidence presented, but just playing a bit off-beat isn't enough.

That said, Max, if you are something like the Godfather... I have to applaud you for how well you've been playing the role.

A little. My character is immensely powerful, that I have to wonder if the mafia have an extremely powerful character on their side. Lusamine, head of Aether and Team Skull, merged with UB-01, makes a heck of a lot of sense to me.
Hmm okay I'm willing to believe this since I don't have a good reason not to. It also explains your hesitance to believe Lusamine probably not being an independent. Will admit right now I never finished Sun so my knowledge is a tad limited on the game/region.

Ereshkigal said:
That said, Max, if you are something like the Godfather... I have to applaud you for how well you've been playing the role.
You're comfortable just leaving it at that? Max could be godfather playing us to believe he's a vanilla townie who boldly claimed during Day 1 (and can thereby just coast the whole game if not caught). How do you know personally that the claim is him just 'being himself'? That isn't any stronger than me saying it was 'weird behavior'.

You're comfortable just leaving it at that? Max could be godfather playing us to believe he's a vanilla townie who boldly claimed during Day 1 (and can thereby just coast the whole game if not caught). How do you know personally that the claim is him just 'being himself'? That isn't any stronger than me saying it was 'weird behavior'.

To answer both questions: I don't. But without any reason to believe otherwise, it's pretty much the only conclusion I have.

Besides, I'm curious to see what Hellcrow has to say after trying to defend Cheff from the lynchmob.

Hellcrow would know better as scum than to stand up against a huge mob about an obvious scum lynch. I believe that their queries were genuine and towny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom