• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
I think this cutey is the best looking regional bird 1st evo ever. Fletchling is a close second though.

Give me more "time" oriented and based moves, abilities and pokemon.

I hope the native bird swaps it's primary type for a new one during evolution this region. Grass/Flying would do. Don't want to go back to Normal/Flying.

I hope the native bird swaps it's primary type for a new one during evolution this region. Grass/Flying would do. Don't want to go back to Normal/Flying.
Hmmm, technically we have no word that it will part normal. They may decide to break the pattern.

Oh who am I kidding with that.

I don't think it looks grass/flying though. I wish it would end up an electric/flying but it also does not appear to match that either.

If its a woodpecker, my best guess would be steel/flying. Normal/Flying would be boring, and I can see a woodpecker having a drill beak or equally crazy. Not to mention, despite fearow being some other type of bird, whatever it is, normal/flying with a giant beak is already done. Steel/Flying is Skarmory's thing, but give anoter Pokemon a chance, and the type combo can shine. Give it great speed and defence with average attack and it can be something entirely different. And like I said, the idea of a woodpecker with some kind of drill like beak with the look of murder on its face is something I want so bad. Talonflame needs to be the rule, not the exception.

If it's Steel/Flying I'd prefer it being something similar to Staraptor - high Attack (especially if it's some sort of drill theme) and good speed but pretty frail. That way it doesn't tread on Skarmory's toes and vice-versa. Even Swellow/Talonflame stats would be fine, but I think if it's drill themed it would have Attack as its highest stat like Staraptor.

Then again Pidove turned into a pheasant and Fletchling turned into a peregrine falcon, so who's to say if it will even stay a woodpecker, we might be barking up the wrong tree!

The woodpecker (I'm settling with woodpecker) could be only the basic stage, the first in its evolutionary line, so Normal/Flying has the highest bet with emphasis on peck related moves. They could decide to go with other kinds of bigger birds (probably a raptor like the last 3 gens) for its evolution to swap the normal with something else.
Edit: Ninja'd by @Zeb

Reactions: Zeb
If it's Steel/Flying I'd prefer it being something similar to Staraptor - high Attack (especially if it's some sort of drill theme) and good speed but pretty frail. That way it doesn't tread on Skarmory's toes and vice-versa. Even Swellow/Talonflame stats would be fine, but I think if it's drill themed it would have Attack as its highest stat like Staraptor.

Then again Pidove turned into a pheasant and Fletchling turned into a peregrine falcon, so who's to say if it will even stay a woodpecker, we might be barking up the wrong tree!
That pun, I think even hell froze over with it. :p
Seriously though, maybe its a cardinal that evolves into a woodpecker? Or perhaps they are going back to a consistent evolution again. Pidove and Fletching are exceptions after all, Pidgey through Staraptor were all consistent with their inspirations after all.

It could also follow Fletchling in the way that it starts off as normal/flying, but changes its normal type upon evolution. That way, it could incorporate almost any type. So we can't tell for sure what types it will end up with without any evolutions.

It could also follow Fletchling in the way that it starts off as normal/flying, but changes its normal type upon evolution. That way, it could incorporate almost any type. So we can't tell for sure what types it will end up with without any evolutions.

Yeah that's what we're speculating with Normal/Flying -> Steel/Flying. Or anything but Normal/Flying really. We need a better look at its design though, it's too hard to tell anything with just the back of its head.

The main reason people suspected Fletchling would turn into Fire/Flying was because when it was revealed it was shown using Flame Charge. So we may get a similar clue with this bird when it's revealed, if we're lucky.

Another generation, another hope for the Original Dragon:

Original Dragon (or Kyurem Original Form)
HP: 125 | Atk: 150 | Def: 120 | SpA: 150 | SpD: 150 | Spe: 95 (BST: 760)
Ability: Fusion Generator
Effect: Allows the immediate use of moves that charge on the first turn.

Signature Moves:
Cold Fusion (Dragon/Other/No Contact)
PP: 10
Effect: The user generates energy in the first turn to raise Attack and Special Attack by one stage, and Speed by two stages.

Dragon Splice (Dragon/Other/Contact)
Base Power: 100
Accuracy: 100
PP: 5
Effect: The move uses the Physical or Special Attack depending on what would do the most damage in the current battle situation based on whether the opponent's Physical or Special Defense is higher.

The HP and Speed stats were lifted from Kyurem, Attack and Defense were taken from Zekrom, and Special Attack and Special Defense from Reshiram. This interestingly gets the Original Dragon's BST to 760, which would be the equivalent 100-point stat boost that a Mega Kyurem would get.

It's ability and first signature attack are based on the Unova Dragon's energy theme. I was originally going to make it like Geomancy, but with Fusion Generator, its a bit much especially since this can technically still hold an item depending on the fusion conditions. Cold Fusion can only be learned when fusing a Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zekrom knowing Glaciate, Fusion Flare, and Fusion Bolt. Cold Fusion takes its spot, and it can't otherwise learn it by Level Up or move relearner.

Its second attack is a throwback to the Gene Splicers (so I guess its Japanese name would be Dragon Wedge). Similar to Cold Fusion, it can only be learned when Reshiram and Zekrom both know Blue Fire and Bolt Strike. Kyurem doesn't have an equivalent move, so it will be a situation where it tries to learn the move if all four slots are taken.

Last edited:
I would love an original dragon like Naga in FE, but I don't want it to surpass Arceus. I'd be fine with it being the second best though.

Not a fan of Traditional style Dragon pokemon myself. I absolutely loved Noivern and Goodra not only because they looked really good, but because they were so unique and clever in basing their designs off of things that weren't dragons (a bat and a snail).

I would love to see the Original Dragon in the game. I wonder how a Fire/Ice type pokemon would work?

You know, if there is some sort of pattern (tinfoil hat level, I know) then we're due for another Pokemon such as my namesake and icon.
(Grimer/Muk in Gen 1, Gulpin/Swalot Gen 3, Trubbish/Garbodor Gen 5)

Although I wonder where you go after sentient trash... :cautious:

Maybe a metal bin? (This is probably too mature) but maybe something like a nice version of the trashman from X-Files?

You know, if there is some sort of pattern (tinfoil hat level, I know) then we're due for another Pokemon such as my namesake and icon.
(Grimer/Muk in Gen 1, Gulpin/Swalot Gen 3, Trubbish/Garbodor Gen 5)

Although I wonder where you go after sentient trash... :cautious:

Nuclear waste?

Back
Top Bottom