• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Nuclear waste?

That's kind of what Grimer and Muk are already, though. I'm pretty sure anyway.

Not that different takes on the same idea aren't welcome at this stage though.

Maybe a bomb Pokemon, or one that multiplies its number?

Well, if that happened, It should have an ability that prevents it from dying from explosion/self destruct or something. But as a caveat, maybe does less damage than it would being used by other Pokemon?

also some new moves for it.

That's kind of what Grimer and Muk are already, though. I'm pretty sure anyway.

Not that different takes on the same idea aren't welcome at this stage though.

I think Grimer and Muk are more industrial waste. Nuclear waste would be green and glowing because everyone knows radiation makes things glow! (Lies)

I think Grimer and Muk are more industrial waste. Nuclear waste would be green and glowing because everyone knows radiation makes things glow! (Lies)

....But it does, though. :ROFLMAO:

I always like seeing new water types. A new Water/Dragon Type would be neat.

A water/dragon is pretty much Corrin from FE Fates, but I agree that we haven't had a normal water/dragon yet. Palkia didn't really look like water types and Kingdra didn't really look like a dragon.

A water/dragon is pretty much Corrin from FE Fates, but I agree that we haven't had a normal water/dragon yet. Palkia didn't really look like water types and Kingdra didn't really look like a dragon.

Palkia's typing is kind of weird, but i love the guy. Kingdra and Dragalge are in that same sort of situation, yeah, and yeah I definitely mean more overt watery dragon haha

Anyone speculate on bugs?

I could see Leavanny's mega being Bug/Dragon, but I can't see many other Bug type options to be honest. It's good how they've been created less in the previous generations. I felt as though they were mass produced early on.

I could see Leavanny's mega being Bug/Dragon, but I can't see many other Bug type options to be honest. It's good how they've been created less in the previous generations. I felt as though they were mass produced early on.

I wouldn't mind an insanely fast Mosquito to be honest. Make it a special based Bug/Steel type with Levitate as it's ability and turn the proboscis into a cannon. It's stats shouldn't be so high as to make it overpowered and it should have limited power up moves, but give it a huge attack pool to pick from(Flash Cannon, Signal Beam, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Water Gun,; basically any attack that "looks" like the cannon is firing it).

I have a pretty good feeling that Japan is going to avoid nuclear waste Pokemon.

We could always have a Pokemon based on discarded electronics, which fits with @Yabukuron's suggestion of Steel/Poison. Alternatively, it could also be Electric/Poison, but I'd prefer that to be a virus Pokemon.

In the other thread, I had mentioned that the hotel reminded me of architecture that's commonly used in Greece.

With that said, I want a Normal type 'mon that's based on Greek yogurt... just for the sole purpose of naming it Chobani. And you gotta dumpster-dive in the bigger cities to catch it.

Y'know I just realized... Perhaps they could make another region exclusive Pokemon like Vivillon? Maybe expand it onto the regional rodents or birds?

A Diving-Bell Spider would be cool. Bug/Water, yo!
It's adorable. I want one. Of course, the more spiders, the merrier in my case. But yeah, I am down with this idea.

I'd also like a wolf Pokemon. Suicune is really close but not quite. I want a nice, big, shaggy wolf to add to my team. Oh and while I'm wishing, I'd also like a snow leopard as well.

What would an Ice/Poison type look like? It's a type with great potential but I honestly can't think of a single thing as to what it would be.

Frozen leftovers Pokemon. Ice because it's been in the freezer, Poison because it'll make you sick.

Or maybe a rescue dog. It has bright colors so it can be seen in storm, and Its poisons are used for medicines or warding off threats. It'd be a more positive betrayal for the type.

I can't think of any animals that would fit the bill (something that lives in cold climates and has poison), but conceptually the only thing I can think of is snow... Not like, happy just-fallen blanket of snow. Like a pile of grey snow that you find in a parking lot after most of the other stuff has melted.

But that might be too gross, eh?

I was almost going to suggest a platypus since their claws are poisonous but I couldn't make an argument for the Ice type, since they do live in Australia. I wonder if there are any mythological creatures that could work. Also, how about Rock/Ghost? A Gargoyle Pokemon would be cool. Plus Rock/Ghost would be a cool type. I don't know why Cofagrigus wasn't a Rock/Ghost type. Game Freak had the perfect opportunity and didn't take it.

It would be weak to Ground, Grass, Water, Steel, and Dark. It would be immune to Fighting and Normal. It would resist Poison (4x), Fire, Bug, and Flying. That would be five weaknesses, two immunities, and four resistances.

I would love a pokemon that looked just like the Substitute doll, have it be a cute bulky Normal/Dragon made of stitches wool. I love the more unorthodox dragon types like someone mentioned earlier, it'd be easy to make him simply another reptile, but by making him like a stuffed toy it would set him apart...

Last edited:
In the other thread, I had mentioned that the hotel reminded me of architecture that's commonly used in Greece.

With that said, I want a Normal type 'mon that's based on Greek yogurt... just for the sole purpose of naming it Chobani. And you gotta dumpster-dive in the bigger cities to catch it.
Eeeh? What the hell does Greek Yogurt have to do with the herders? In fact shat the hell do all of these correlate to dumpster diving.

Aaaanyway, Ice/Poison could be sort of parasite frozen in time, come back to life. Could be a legendary too, with a kickass spooky encounter in the frozen depths of some cave. Have icicles and stuff hanging off it.
For unorthodox dragon typings, I don't think we have had a ghost/dragob yet, onlyy type alongside bug. Now THAT would be an interesting type matchup and design, a freakin sentient dragon skeleton that can breathe fire and use moves like shadow sneak us conceptually haaaamazing.

For unorthodox dragon typings, I don't think we have had a ghost/dragob yet, onlyy type alongside bug. Now THAT would be an interesting type matchup and design, a freakin sentient dragon skeleton that can breathe fire and use moves like shadow sneak us conceptually haaaamazing.

Giratina is currently the only Ghost/Dragon type.

A dragon skeleton/zombie would be pretty sweet.

Giratina is currently the only Ghost/Dragon type.

A dragon skeleton/zombie would be pretty sweet.
Ah crap, that's right. So many legendaries with unique typings, I never remember them all. Another unique typing that would be sweet for a non-legendary would be Psychic/Dragon, maybe for the psuedo.

Back
Top Bottom