• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Summer Awards 2014 Winners List!

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers
Reaction score
Hello again everyone!

This Awards season has been a bit of a mission. The other moderators and I began discussing things about a month before we started things, and the judging has now been going for about a month and a half now – let’s just say, I am very glad that we have cut back to a twice yearly event. There have been a few bumps along the road, but ultimately these Awards have seen a very high calibre of work entered that made for some tough decisions and a lot of deliberation.

Finally though, we can bring you the results you have all been waiting to see! Click the spoilers below and learn who your winners are for the Summer 2014 Fiction Fairground Awards!

Best Journey: @harryheart @kintsugi @Legacy @Princess Crow @Rediamond
The Long Walk by @Beth Pavell

Best Dark: @AceTrainer14 @Beth Pavell
some rise by sin by @kintsugi

Best Expansion: @AetherX @Midorikawa @Jabberwocky
Dawn of Darkness by @AceTrainer14

Best Non-Pokemon/Crossover: @AceTrainer14 @kintsugi @Silverwynde
The Passage by @Kyuuketsuki

Best Alternate: @LightningTopaz @Legacy @Flaze @Soulmaster @Akari
Wind & Rain by @SuperTrainStationH

Best Protagonist: (tie)
Alaska Acevedo from How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps
Evelina Joy from The Long Walk

Best Antagonist:
Buzz Bolton from How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps

Best Supporting Character:
Criss from Unpredictable

Best Pokemon Character:
Don the Charmeleon from Flames of a Revolutionary by @Tophat Dragoneye

Best Newcomer
@Rediamond

Best Reviewer
@Beth Pavell

Best Written Word Contributor
@Beth Pavell

Now for the two big Awards! We had a bit of discussion about these over the past few days, and tried a new way of fairly determining what was worthy of these top prizes.

Best Character:
Evelina Joy from The Long Walk by @Beth Pavell

Best Story:
Wind & Rain by @SuperTrainStationH

Congratulations to all the winners! People should know this was a tough race in many ways with more discussion than usual, so there are quite a lot of stories and characters that came quite close to winning as well.

And a big round of applause needs to be given to our judges, who did some excellent work this time and worked tirelessly to help determine the winners. The biggest round of applause goes to kintsugi, who had some monstrously long work to judge in the first place, but still managed to read SIX stories in that short space of time after filling in for some judges who backed out. More special mentions to Beth Pavell, AetherX, Legacy and LightningTopaz for doing extra readings and all the judges who added extra character judging to their workload.

They still need to post reviews though, but I will ask that people wait two weeks before harassing your judges for feedback: if after a fortnight you have not received two reviews than feel free to bother the judges listed by your category. If your character moved on without your story, then please bother these people:
Reggie: kintsugi and Rediamond
Cronus Aporon: @Pokemaster97 and Midorikawa
Schwarz: Me and Beth Pavell
Don the Charmeleon: Rediamond and AetherX

Otherwise, thank you every one who took part by nominating and voting and making this one of the most interesting Awards yet! The Awards Tally will be updated once the banners are done. We will see you back for the Winter Awards at the start of December – but, be on the look out for some other events before then ;)

Farewell and congrats to all the winners!

Congrats to all the winners! So many awesome works in this Fairground.

I can't help this one:

[video=youtube;KRFoEuRR1uQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRFoEuRR1uQ&list=PL9rb0uRQUJxClL4WjbLmp7EQnS7DQZ8GG&index=33[/video]

In other words, congratulations! I can't quite believe I've won what I have. I still think that AetherX was deserving of the Best Reviewer crown though :)

Last edited:
Congratulations to the winners, and a HUGE thanks to everyone who helped out, especially our learless feader Ace!
@Beth Pavell; Your respect is all the reward I need <3 Also, PREO might just be the greatest thing ever.

Speaking of which, I have a lot of reviews (and a new chapter) to go post.

'Grats to all the winning authors, and kudos to the judges! There were a lot of great stories entered, so I'll have to remember to step up my game next time. :p

:eek:ooooooooo

I seriously wasn't expecting anything, so this was an extremely pleasant surprise. I'm probably biased, but I think that Best Dark by far had the most badass fics in it and I'm honestly incredibly honored to have edged out.

But let's be real, all of the stories that entered this round was fantastic. It was a pleasure judging and participating this season actually no judging was a mess because it was all just UGH THESE ARE ALL GREAT HOW TO SCORE HOW NUMBERS WHAT. I am so proud to be a part of this community, and you are all amazing.

Okay cheese done. But massive thanks to Ace for pulling everything together, because we couldn't have done it without him. :>

And, as a reminder to myself/so you all can bother me, I need to post post-Awards review for the following stories: The Passage, Hedwig's Run, 8ES, The First Warriors, Stainless Steel, Dragon's Roar. I also read Flames of a Revolutionary and Quest for Mesos because reasons, so you can bother me about that as well. REVIEWING COMMENCE.

I would like to thank the academy.

But seriously thanks to all of the people who voted me for Best Newcomer. It is quite the honor.

And the following stories will be getting reviews when I convert my posts from long critical rants to long constructively critical rants: The Long Walk, Unpredictable, Pokemon Academy: Second Year Rhapsody, Flames of a Revolutionary, and possibly How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps as I read it at some point in the judging process for reasons. With that said I'm busy with University stuff, Smogon stuff, and writing stuff so reviews probably won't get out for a little while. I'm not dead. I promise.

Congrats to all of the winners, especially SuperTrainStationH and Beth Pavell. I had the honor of reading and judging WaR for the section, and I can say it was one of the best stories I have read in my entire time here. So congrats to all of the winner, I had a wonderful time judging.

Who judged A Da Vinci Smile, by the way? I ask because it's probably about time it was moved to the Archive and I didn't want people to be trying to follow a broken link

Akari and Legacy, although the link redirects. We have the technology.

Sorry for the terribly late reply; I got swept up with work and Ramadan and the preparations for Eid.

Regardless, thank you so much for the award, and I'll try to be much more active in the workshop!

Gosh! I'm so honored! I certainly wasn't expecting this!

Congrats to all the entries, all the readers, and the community so vibrant that there were so many worthy works that it took a great deal of effort to organize and pick through the selections!

It has been two weeks now, so all reviews should be up. If you have not yet received two reviews than you may now bother the judges for feedback. I would reminder all judges to post any outstanding reviews ASAP, and that you should post them for other judges who may have already read your comments during judging so they have a chance to reply to any feedback.

I'm late on one or two remainders since I've been out of the state, country, or city for almost all of the last two weeks. I will post the remainder this weekend when I have some time at home.

The banners are now up, meaning that these Awards are now done! Make sure you shower @Blazaking with praise for creating these amazing banners (they are seriously top notch!), and if you have not yet done your reviews make sure you do them very soon! And if you are owed reviews, let me know and I can help chase people up.

Otherwise, make sure you all keepr reading and writing in time for December!

As I am a bit forgetful these days, I have finally updated the Leaderboard and added peoples names to the badges. I have also begun the slow and tenuous process of adding links to the winning stories and users in the banners, a practice I have long forgotten about (like I said, I have a memory like a sieve) but am beginning to reintroduce and am going back to fix up. So yes, go check out the leaderboard if you want to see who is now in second place!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom