• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard some rumours about HP not having IV's anymore, can anyone confirm or debunk this for me?

Anyway, I have been absorbing all the information the past week or so, and I'm quite glad with the upcoming game.

Not having a Battle Facility is like the only negative thing for me, besides unfortunate framerate drops. I hope the DLC will mark its return.

Are Lokix/Rabsca version exclusives? I read a comment on Reddit that implied two new bug Pokemon were version exclusives....

I for one am pro no battle facility. You can finally buy all those items with money instead of BP which takes tedious hours to grind, and there's other ways to prepare people for competitive.

I mean there's nothing stopping the battle facility rewarding players with money instead of BP. It's not like the Battle Facility needs to be gone just to not have BP anymore.

No.
Are Lokix/Rabsca version exclusives? I read a comment on Reddit that implied two new bug Pokemon were version exclusives....

I mean there's nothing stopping the battle facility rewarding players with money instead of BP. It's not like the Battle Facility needs to be gone just to not have BP anymore.
I saw a playthrough on Twitch where the player had both Rellor and Nymble spawn in the wild.

I for one am pro no battle facility. You can finally buy all those items with money instead of BP which takes tedious hours to grind, and there's other ways to prepare people for competitive.
What? It's about the fun of battling in a harder single-player mode without broke VGC Pokémon swarming you. Not about the reward.

It's absence is detrimental to hard solo-content.

'I personally don't play it, so I'm glad it's gone' is also a very selfish take on the matter, as you wouldn't have lost anything with its inclusion.

I think that Battle Facilities are gone forever and will only return in remakes, but only if they're designed with the design philosophy of BDSP.

My gut feeling is that a Battle Facility will be part of the DLC. There could be one "Battle-Focused" DLC which adds a Battle Facility, as well as one "Story-Focused" DLC which adds a new area to explore along with the third legendary. Basically Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra again, assuming GF decides to repeat the formula.

My gut feeling is that a Battle Facility will be part of the DLC. There could be one "Battle-Focused" DLC which adds a Battle Facility, as well as one "Story-Focused" DLC which adds a new area to explore along with the third legendary. Basically Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra again, assuming GF decides to repeat the formula.
I hear people talking about a potential Kalos DLC but I think it is more likely that the area above Paldea is based on southern France which never got turned into a part of Kalos, it will probably be treated as a separate nation that both Paldea and Kalos culturally influenced.

I hear people talking about a potential Kalos DLC but I think it is more likely that the area above Paldea is based on southern France which never got turned into a part of Kalos, it will probably be treated as a separate nation that both Paldea and Kalos culturally influenced.
Someone made a point where the greyed out area at the top right of the, where real life Barcelona is more than likely one of the DLC areas.

I don't expect there to be a lot of connections between Kalos and Paldea due to the absence of Mega Evolution in SV.

Not sure if they’ve said this officially, but I thought someone in here might know. When does multiplayer get unlocked? Like you reach the first city? Do we know approximately how long that takes?

I think that Battle Facilities are gone forever and will only return in remakes, but only if they're designed with the design philosophy of BDSP.

This would probably be a dealbreaker for me. There is nothing else in the games that replicates or replaces the experience of a good post-game battle facility and it’s the only reason I even bought games like BDSP. I can give a pass to Legends because of its different underlying formula, but it’s something I expect out of every game in this series.

I hope you’re wrong, because there’s no precedent to completely lacking a battle facility - the only main series games that do are pre-Crystal, Kanto remakes, and Legends, which was entirely its own thing. SwSh’s was kind of a joke but it was at least there. But at the same time, since we know it’s not there in the base game for Scarlet and Violet, I almost think I’d be more disappointed if it’s locked behind DLC.

I thought the ORAS no-Frontier surprise was as bad as it would get on this subject, but now I’m left to wonder if I’m going to be expected to pay $30 for my favorite feature of twenty-five previous games dating back to 2000, or whether it’s just gone.

Haha, hypothetical third school: Lemón Academy

20221114_085812.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom