• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are there any clips of Skeledirge in motion?

------

Right now I'm thinking Quaquaval and Revavroom are very likely to be on my team. Bombirdier is another Pokemon I'm really liking. I think it's very close to being a certainty too.

After them my team might consist of any of Arboliva, Scovillain, Espathra, Garganacl, Glimmora, Houndstone, Dachsbun and Ghouldengo. (Palafin has grown on me but as long as I'm picking Quaxly I don't think it'll be on my team)

It might just depend on what the Pokemon look like in motion. If it's possible I might travel into higher level areas early on just to get a look at some of the fully evolved Pokemon.

Last edited:
I am really surprising myself wanting to step out of my comfort zone by wanting to use Kilowattrel and Houndstone... since i don't like the Ghost and Electric typing that much.

Also having seen the stats, abilities and movesets on the starters, competitive wise... i feel like there is gonna be a surprise

People are instantly gonna assume Meoscarade is gonna be the dominating starter in competitive, due to Protean. However, looking at its moveset, it really doesn't have anything to go for it for competitive play (In-Game its fine), because it doesn't have a lot of coverage moves and with Protean being nerfed, U-Turn needs to be a staple for it. Then the other staples are gonna be Knock Off and Flower Gift, meaning nothing really changes in terms of weaknesses for it. That only leaves one other moveslot for it. Terrastilizing also doesn't really work if you run a Protean set on Meowscarade. I feel like competitive wise, Meowscarade becomes that one trick pony starter that is easy to prepare for

I feel like Skeledirge is gonna be that hidden dominating starter in competitive. It has a great movepool, you can actually run it four ways (Hyper Offensive, Hyper Defensive, Utility and a combination of the three). You might say the only downside is his speedstat, but with its crazy defense it doesn't need to be fast, unlike Meowscarade, which is a glass cannon and needs its speed to be somewhat viable. So due to the way you can run Skeledirge, its actually the hardest starter to prepare for.

Competitive wise, Quaquaval is probably the second best. With its signature move Aqua Step and the Moxie ability, it has staying power. Especially since you can also run Swords Dance for it + the amount of coverage moves for it are actually insane. I feel like Aqua Step, Moxie is probably gonna be the best competitive wise of all three starters, but Skeledirige is gonna be the best mon because of its statspread

My team is going to be Skeledirge, Tinkatel, Baxacalibur, Kilowattrel, Arboliva and Annihilape. Glimmora is still a strong contendere in place of Kilowattrel or Arboliva.

I was considering Water Paldean Tauros in place of Annihilape for type repetitions, but it appears to be exclusive to Violet.
Water Tauros is exclusive? Man, that dampers my plans even more. I planned to use it in one of my teams depending on the starter I'd pick. Guess if I want a Water or Fighting type I'm now forced to pick the duck cause nothing else really appeals, causes too much type repetition or is a Paradox...

Is the "You can get the 3 Starters in a single save" real nor not?
I've heard that too, but wasn't able to get confirmation on that yet. But if some other things I've read turn out to be true, then chances are good that we can. However, for now this is all based on ifs, so I wouldn't get too fired up.

I am really surprising myself wanting to step out of my comfort zone by wanting to use Kilowattrel and Houndstone... since i don't like the Ghost and Electric typing that much.

Also having seen the stats, abilities and movesets on the starters, competitive wise... i feel like there is gonna be a surprise

People are instantly gonna assume Meoscarade is gonna be the dominating starter in competitive, due to Protean. However, looking at its moveset, it really doesn't have anything to go for it for competitive play (In-Game its fine), because it doesn't have a lot of coverage moves and with Protean being nerfed, U-Turn needs to be a staple for it. Then the other staples are gonna be Knock Off and Flower Gift, meaning nothing really changes in terms of weaknesses for it. That only leaves one other moveslot for it. Terrastilizing also doesn't really work if you run a Protean set on Meowscarade. I feel like competitive wise, Meowscarade becomes that one trick pony starter that is easy to prepare for

I feel like Skeledirge is gonna be that hidden dominating starter in competitive. It has a great movepool, you can actually run it four ways (Hyper Offensive, Hyper Defensive, Utility and a combination of the three). You might say the only downside is his speedstat, but with its crazy defense it doesn't need to be fast, unlike Meowscarade, which is a glass cannon and needs its speed to be somewhat viable. So due to the way you can run Skeledirge, its actually the hardest starter to prepare for.

Competitive wise, Quaquaval is probably the second best. With its signature move Aqua Step and the Moxie ability, it has staying power. Especially since you can also run Swords Dance for it + the amount of coverage moves for it are actually insane. I feel like Aqua Step, Moxie is probably gonna be the best competitive wise of all three starters, but Skeledirige is gonna be the best mon because of its statspread
Skeledirge speed is really bad. Too fast for Trick Room, too slow for normal play.
Its movepoll is kinda fixed and predictable (Slack off, Torch Song, Shadow Ball, Earth Power).
Weak to basically most of priorities: Shadow Sneak, Aqua Jet, Jet Punch, Sucker Punch, Accelerock.
Weak to Stealth Rock.
Weak to Knock Off.

It may be good in lower tiers like UU. I don't expect it to be good in OU.

Skeledirge speed is really bad. Too fast for Trick Room, too slow for normal play.
Its movepoll is kinda fixed and predictable (Slack off, Torch Song, Shadow Ball, Earth Power).
Weak to basically most of priorities: Shadow Sneak, Aqua Jet, Jet Punch, Sucker Punch, Accelerock.
Weak to Stealth Rock.
Weak to Knock Off.

1668520714702.png

Same energy.

Weak to Stealth Rock.
Weak to Knock Off.

Put Cyclizar and Orthworm on the same team as Skeledirge, switch them out, set the sub and Skeledirge is gonna wreck house.

Also cannot wait for the when does gen 10 region/which region is it gonna be theories that will come out only a week after SV have released, as it has been ever since Sun and Moon lol.

My team is going to be Skeledirge, Tinkatel, Baxacalibur, Kilowattrel, Arboliva and Annihilape. Glimmora is still a strong contendere in place of Kilowattrel or Arboliva.

I was considering Water Paldean Tauros in place of Annihilape for type repetitions, but it appears to be exclusive to Violet.
urrrgh if it's exclusive to Violet then there goes my plans for using the Water one...

I'll just use the basic Fighting one, then.

Is there a list that has all the Pokémon that can be found in Scarlet and Violet?

Someone posted it on the Pokeleaks Reddit: r/PokeLeaks - Leaked Regional Dex, Additional Pokemon & Version Exclusives (v2)

I think the only thing it doesn't have is that the Fire/Fighting Tauros is Scarlet exclusive and the Water/Fighting Tauros is Violet exclusive.

Then you need to have a friend that plays Pokemon.

Or just someone else on the internet who wants to catch some exclusives.

Does anyone know if you can play co-op with anyone randomly or if it has be people on your friend list?

A little thing I just realised. All the new pokemon have these more realistically textured models. But they also will have seperate less realistically textured models for Home. Which I think might actually feel a bit weird for some pokemon (Garganacl comes to mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom