• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Swearing, Cursing, Cussing...

I almost never swear, it's just not how I was raised. Nevertheless, back when I worked overnight stocking, I gave into peer pressure and cussed there for a while. I still remember the look on my coworkers' faces when I did it, they just weren't expecting that out of me. Lol

Once I left that job, I left that behind. It just doesn't come natural for me to do it, so I don't.

This might be a bit of a surprise coming from me, but I honestly have one of the worst sailor mouths of anyone I've ever known, lol.

I make a point to never cuss around here, nor around certain people (mostly my parents, and people that I don't know very well, or are much younger/older than me) — just because it's never necessary and generally comes off impolite. But I was raised in a part of the US where swearing's actually quite common and not often seen as rude, so around my close friends, it's just part of my speech pattern to the point where I hardly even notice anymore. ...Like, if I search it on Discord the numbers are in the tens of thousands. ^^;
Needless to say, it doesn't bother me hearing it from other people, either.

i have had an awful sailors mouth starting from when i was 8 up until I turned 12 because i found the reactions my friends made hilarious. I don't really swear now, i substitute it with something that sounds like I'm reading a keyboard smash ("jschmwkwkjeka") when I'm frustrated, and since now almost everyone around me prefers to use foul language (in a most foul manner) i accidentally swear from time to time, but thank goodness i rid of that habit.

I occasionally tell my friends off when they curse, even the milder words, when there's a kid nearby.

i used to swear... a little... but i don't anymore cause i don't like it.. nor do i like it when other people swear either...
it's just not nice.... :<

I don't curse much myself (not online or IRL), but that's because I generally find I only really feel the need to swear when I'm really angry, upset, or frustrated, which isn't often thankfully.

I generally don't mind at all if other people swear though. Cursing is quite common in my culture and isn't really frowned upon much (only certain specific words), and curse words also aren't bleeped out in movies and tv shows in my country.

I don't really swear very much, and the reason I don't is mainly because I don't want to upset anyone... like I'm very self conscious about how others perceive me and I prefer being a positive person. I also don't really get angry. I get sad lol.

I curse a ton I'm not gonna lie! :bulbaFacepalm: I tend to avoid doing it online on here, but IRL within my friendship group I have quite bad sailor mouth (I've never heard this term but I like it lol). It's typically randomly adding an swear into my normal vocabulary. I'm from a place where this is quite natural to be honest, not to pass blame or anything but it's not really that big of an issue where I am from, a ton of people I know do it. Swearing is part of the culture I guess???

Typically it'll be using "Shit" or "Fuck" or some variant of this, like using it as filler in a sense, such as "I can't fucking believe that" or "Shit, I didn't mean to do that" etc
I'm aware of my surroundings and usually only tend to swear around my IRL friend group, or if I am in a private discord call with them for example. I make a conscious effort to not do it in front of children, or elderly. Or really just around the general public. I never swear at people, I can't really imagine myself doing that but I tend to use them as filler words sometimes... for that reason I'm not too fussed if I hear other people doing it, as long as its not aimed at anyone and isn't derogatory of course, but I think on a more human level that's logical and should be seen as normal to not use derogatory phrases or insults, but unfortunately as we all know this isn't really normality :(

I’ll say heck a lot irl and I’ll swear if it’s in a song lyric (especially online)

Might swear under my breath in surprise or concern (only when I’m at school)

I swear more in my head but not a lot

Genuinely do not care if people swear as long as it’s not targeted and/or around little kids (I maKe my friends stop swearing around my little siblings)

I swear all the fucking time tbh.

I'm capable of controlling myself and, depending on the community, there are certain swears I will not say. (Look I'm sorry, I use the c-word a lot. I call myself a c-word, I call my friends c-words, I'll call my mortal enemies c-words, I just love using it)

yup, a ton.

it’s been something we’ve done regularly since like age 13. we were very prudent about it until then but after peer pressuring kinda desensitized us to it we’ve kinda just used them all the time when speaking casually ever since. of course we try to restrain ourselves around kids and like. customers at work but whenever we’re around someone we’re comfortable with we don’t have much of a swear filter. we also just don’t really get much of the societal trepidation around them being ~nasty~ words and whatever.

i swear very very very little... when i was a no-good youth on the internet at like 8/9 years old, i swore quite a bit because everyone did it and i thought it made me seem the age i was pretending i was, but then i was found out by my parents and got into a world of trouble so i've never felt very comfortable swearing after that even though it was a long time ago now. i'm capable of it nowadays, and i don't mind saying a 'damn' or two or swearing under my breath sometimes, but in general i prefer not to and i just express myself other ways.

My swearing is only really surface level, basically PG level swears like "Damn", "Hell", "Ass" etc. and I actually use em pretty frequently. Though I tend not to go really any stronger than those

Even then my swearing is almost all online, given the environment I'm in, never been in a position to even say the mild swears Irl.

I thought this thread was just gonna be everyone cussing every single message.
ASS
1715183123250.jpeg

I remember when I was like 12 and really into church I thought I was better than everyone because I never swore. Glad I grew out of that mindset lol.

These days most of my swearing is online. I found that me swearing in-person sounds really awkward to me? Not sure why. Also most of my swearing online is usually some form of slang/reference. I also use abbreviations like "lmao" and "wtf" that are technically swears but I feel like have evolved to the point they're not really considered swear words (in my opinion).

Swearing has its time and place though. I'm not a fan of people who swear anywhere in front of anyone, especially in public or around children.

Back
Top Bottom