• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Switcheroo Mafia - Endgame: Mafia Wins - 15/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Switcheroo Mafia - Day 1 - 4/9/14

@Beck ;
It's D1. Has there ever been certain evidence, ever a time we knew someone was scum? I'm pointing out that Hippowdon is saying I make a good point, a point I never made and jumping on to try and lynch someone. I'm not saying it's definitive evidence, but it's better than the joke votes we have, and I haven't seen much progress today.

I don't disagree with you. But you can't vote for him on the reasoning that his vote was made without reason, when nobody else's vote was made with reason either. I agree that his post was made without much thought. But your vote in response was hasty, as far as I'm concerned. That's all I'm saying.

@Beck ;
It's D1. Has there ever been certain evidence, ever a time we knew someone was scum? I'm pointing out that Hippowdon is saying I make a good point, a point I never made and jumping on to try and lynch someone. I'm not saying it's definitive evidence, but it's better than the joke votes we have, and I haven't seen much progress today.

I don't disagree with you. But you can't vote for him on the reasoning that his vote was made without reason, when nobody else's vote was made with reason either. I agree that his post was made without much thought. But your vote in response was hasty, as far as I'm concerned. That's all I'm saying.

But his vote was meant for a lynch. There's obviously a difference between voting because origami horses are evil, and voting because "someone makes a good point". Especially when no point was even made. That strikes me as someone who really wants to force a lynch. And that strikes me as suspicious.

I'm just calling it as I see it. And I see someone trying to lynch with zero reasoning.

Edit: @Paperhorse ;
Question time! What do you think about Hippos sudden vote? I find it suspicious, but I'm never sure D1 honestly.

His vote is hasty, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's scum.

And you're right, we have made absolutely no progress today. Since this is a small game, I'm trying to think of good options.

I was thinking, should we no lynch instead? Would that benefit us? I'm not too sure. This game might be too small for that.

Or another option is we can lynch Bob Saget or CrackFox. Imo, both of them can either be town, or one can be mafia. They both can't be mafia since they voted for each other. It would be too risky in a small game. I'd rather lynch Bob Saget over CF.

Anyway, I'm hardly around today, but I will try to check in. It's been difficult for me to focus on this, since I've been away, sorry.

Honestly @Paperhorse; it's my second game, it's D1, all I'm saying is that there is room for error. I admit that I was playing it a bit too safe. Unvote: CrackFox I have a feeling that Paperhorse might be mafia because she immediately tried to push votes on me when I tried to tie them. Vote: Paperhorse

EDIT: By "immediately" I meant that the first thing she did after I tied the votes was cause suspicion to it, then asked another player about it, supposedly trying to get another vote on me.

Last edited:

I think lynching Paperhorse is a bad idea with no actual evidence. Look at how much she helped the town in Lotr Mafia. She's worth keeping around if she can be trusted and i'm by no means saying she can in this game but it's too early to decide she can't.

I do want a lynch on someone though so;

Vote: Flipgbh

The phase will be over soon and I doubt anyone is going to do anything particularly scummy or incriminating in that time. Everyone else has voted for someone, get off the fence. Or maybe you just don't want any confrontation.

Honestly @Paperhorse; it's my second game, it's D1, all I'm saying is that there is room for error. I admit that I was playing it a bit too safe. Unvote: CrackFox I have a feeling that Paperhorse might be mafia because she immediately tried to push votes on me when I tried to tie them. Vote: Paperhorse

EDIT: By "immediately" I meant that the first thing she did after I tied the votes was cause suspicion to it, then asked another player about it, supposedly trying to get another vote on me.

I didn't try to push votes on you. Heck, I didn't even vote for you lol. I asked another player a question because I wanted to see their reaction and get people talking, that's all.

Honestly right now you seem just like a defensive townie. So I think I can back off of you for now.

I feel like we're getting somewhere finally.

I think lynching Paperhorse is a bad idea with no actual evidence. Look at how much she helped the town in Lotr Mafia. She's worth keeping around if she can be trusted and i'm by no means saying she can in this game but it's too early to decide she can't.

The phase will be over soon and I doubt anyone is going to do anything particularly scummy or incriminating in that time. Everyone else has voted for someone, get off the fence. Or maybe you just don't want any confrontation.

Actually I like this vote.

Unvote: Beck

I was thinking, should we no lynch instead? Would that benefit us? I'm not too sure. This game might be too small for that.

This is a classic Mafia setup. Assuming the Mafia's NK is successful each night;

If we No Lynch, then:
Day 2: 6 Town, 2 Mafia (25% chance of finding Mafia)
Day 3: 4 Town, 2 Mafia (33% chance of finding Mafia)

If we Lynch, then:
Day 2: 5 Town, 2 Mafia. (28.5% chance of finding Mafia)
Day 3: 3 Town, 2 Mafia (40% chance of finding Mafia)

So it is in our best interest as Town to Lynch today.

Why Flipgbh? What exactly has she done that's so incriminating?

I didn't try to push votes on you. Heck, I didn't even vote for you lol. I asked another player a question because I wanted to see their reaction and get people talking, that's all.

Honestly right now you seem just like a defensive townie. So I think I can back off of you for now.

I feel like we're getting somewhere finally.

Actually I like this vote.

Unvote: Beck

Why do you like that vote?

FoS: CrackFox & Paperhorse for the swift turnaround. I would also like to hear more from the players sitting on the sidelines. That's you, @RainbowSkittles;, @Rabbit;, and @Hippowdon;.

This is a classic Mafia setup. Assuming the Mafia's NK is successful each night;

If we No Lynch, then:
Day 2: 6 Town, 2 Mafia (25% chance of finding Mafia)
Day 3: 4 Town, 2 Mafia (33% chance of finding Mafia)

If we Lynch, then:
Day 2: 5 Town, 2 Mafia. (28.5% chance of finding Mafia)
Day 3: 3 Town, 2 Mafia (40% chance of finding Mafia)

So it is in our best interest as Town to Lynch today.

I see. Thanks for doing the math.

Why do you like that vote?

All she did was vote for herself, which isn't really productive. I want to see what she would say to being voted.

Is it just me or is CF and Paperhorse voting flip kinda suspicious? I mean the only thing she has done is vote for herself that doesn't look incriminating to me.

All she did was vote for herself, which isn't really productive. I want to see what she would say to being voted.

Then it might be in her best interest to mention her.

@Flipgbh;, what do you think of the recent votes against you?

Is it just me or is CF and Paperhorse voting flip kinda suspicious? I mean the only thing she has done is vote for herself that doesn't look incriminating to me.

Do you find Paperhorse suspicious for that reason, then? Because your initial vote against her is paper-thin as it is.

*ba dum tsshhh*

Actually, it's a good vote for a few reasons.

1. Voting herself literally tells me nothing except that she read the thread.

2. Saying "Just as a placeholder until someone does something sneaky and suspicious :)" is basically saying, "Hey guys, I'm here but don't feel like participating", which is actually somewhat of a scumtell. Scum tend to post to show they're interested in the game, but wait and see what direction the thread goes in.

3. Voting for her actually gives her a reason to do something.

Yeah. I get what you're saying, but I didn't want to vote anyone else because
1. I had no leads to go on
2. I arrived to late for a joke vote, and I wouldn't have one anyway.
3: If I voted for an already voted person, I would be accused of suspicious bandwagon - jumping.
4. If I voted for someone not already voted, I would be seen as suspicious due to my vote being nothing other than baseless conjecture.

However, I will now vote: Paperhorse because she jumped on by bandwagon for no reason other than that I voted for myself. Is this not allowed?
Also, I'd just got up. Don't expect me to make scumreads before breakfast. I just finished my chores and stuff.

Unvote:Hippowdon
Vote:Flipgbh
Even though I still think Hippowdon is the only one who has actually done anything potentially scummy, I don't think lynching Paperhorse is a good idea. Especially because the vote was partly just to get you to say something.

Hippowdon didn't even acknowledge my vote.

I've given my reasons for inactivity and self voting, what more do you want? I voted Paperhorse because she jumped on the bandwagon of something that was only meant to be a prod, I believe, from CrackFox. Why prod me too? One is enough. Plus, I don't really find hippo down scummy. All he did was vote for something other than a joke vote. Who else can I vote? No one else strikes me as scummy.

Unvote:Hippowdon
Vote:Flipgbh
Even though I still think Hippowdon is the only one who has actually done anything potentially scummy, I don't think lynching Paperhorse is a good idea. Especially because the vote was partly just to get you to say something.

Hippowdon didn't even acknowledge my vote.

If you find hippodown the most scummy, why change your vote? You just changed your vote from your top scumread to a "I don't think lynching _____ is a good idea so I'll vote for who voted them" vote. Why?

Last edited:

I've given my reasons for inactivity and self voting, what more do you want? I voted Paperhorse because she jumped on the bandwagon of something that was only meant to be a prod, I believe, from CrackFox. Why prod me too? One is enough. Plus, I don't really find hippo down scummy. All he did was vote for something other than a joke vote. Who else can I vote? No one else strikes me as scummy.
That was a tie vote. I'm only doing it so Paperhorse doesn't get lynched.

Edit: Because it isn't definitive evidence and no one is supporting it, but they are supporting a lynch with just as little evidence for a reason that was explained . It seems like Paperhorse will be helpful to town.

Last edited:

Yeah. I get what you're saying, but I didn't want to vote anyone else because
1. I had no leads to go on
2. I arrived to late for a joke vote, and I wouldn't have one anyway.
3: If I voted for an already voted person, I would be accused of suspicious bandwagon - jumping.
4. If I voted for someone not already voted, I would be seen as suspicious due to my vote being nothing other than baseless conjecture.

The thing is, why would a townie worry about looking suspicious? You should be actively scumhunting, not worrying about whether you're going to be lynched.

And the votes are tied right now, but I do hope there is a lynch today (although hopefully not on me). It would be better for the town overall. Because if there is a no lynch, mafia will get the free night kill, and then the next day we'll all do the same thing. :l

Exactly, but at the same time you don't want to lynch those who are trying to get us information to catch scum. But if I or CF or Paperhorse remove the vote, Paperhorse is lynched.
@Beck ;
You gave a Fos on Paperhorse and CF, but you haven't commited to anything and what you have said hasn't been pushing anyone. Anything else to say?

Exactly, but at the same time you don't want to lynch those who are trying to get us information to catch scum. But if I or CF or Paperhorse remove the vote, Paperhorse is lynched.
@Beck ;
You gave a Fos on Paperhorse and CF, but you haven't commited to anything and what you have said hasn't been pushing anyone. Anything else to say?

Because I thought their vote was suspicious enough to question further (speaking of which, @CrackFox;, you have yet to answer my question). Not quite enough to vote for them, though. If I had my way, I would lynch either CrackFox or Paperhorse, as I find them the most suspicious. That being said, they're also two of the only players (other than you, Forgotten) who have been posting with the intent to gain ground. So even if they are Mafia, it's best that we keep them around until we have undeniable evidence to lynch them. That's why I'm advocating for a vote against someone inactive. My vote for @RainbowSkittles; is now entirely serious. He's only posted once to say that he isn't Mafia this game. Which is about as poor of reasoning for innocence as possible. I suggest that we lynch him over Flipgbh, who I expect to remain active as we continue to play.

Oh I missed that vote :-/

RS has been consistently mis-lynched D1 from what I've seen for the exact same reason unfortunately, so I'm somewhat uncomfortable with that lynch. I don't trust Paperhorse or CF per se, I just don't want them lynched this early when I feel they will be large contributers.

Though your plan does seem to be the best course of action, two others(If I were to switch) would need to convert to this lynch. Considering we have so little time, (Unless your willing to extend the phase Setra) that seems improbable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom