• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

the seven original ultra beasts are the seven deadly sins

Well in the movie: Pokémon and the Clash of Ages seems to focus on Israel and the Christian faith. One of the characters in that movie sort of represented Jesus Christ in appearance. Even though we do not know what Jesus Christ looks like, the face of that character does resemble a lot of common images of Jesus Christ today.

Celesteela is based on a bamboo princess who wanted to take a trip to the moon. People were envious of her. Celesteela would not be applied to any other sin I think, and this one is already a stretch.

Kartana, based on its behavior in both USUM and the anime, doesn't seem to be any of the 7 sins. It's a weapon in itself and avoids attacking people but it has frequently shown to be the most cooperative and kind Ultra Beast there is. It sided with humanity for casual battles in the games, gave given Furfrou haircuts and saved the world from a meteor without any effort in the anime, then proceeded to cut open its own Ultra Wormhole to return back to its own world. This is the least wrathful Ultra Beast, it is not lazy or envious, and does not blatantly follow pride unlike Buzzwole, lust unlike Pheromosa, or Gluttony unlike Guzzlord. Not greedy either.

I also think Xurkitree would be sloth because it's a tree Pokémon that sits there and plants itself into the ground absorbing roots

and Nihilego is greed because... it is a parasitic Pokémon who regularly takes control of others for its own desires and has even gone out of its way to nearly cause mayhem in Sun and Moon's Alola for it. This Pokémon just wants to take.

Last edited:
okay hi hello hi
i realised this a while back and never really told anyone about it because i figured someone else had already figured it out but idk
so i was thinking about the 7 original ultra beasts from sm, right
and i was thinking how guzzlord is called the gluttonous pokemon, right?
well
i realised the 7 original ultra beasts each represent one of the seven deadly sins.
-
nihilego - envy. it acts like a little girl because it wants to be one and be seen as one.
buzzwole - pride. have you seen its muscles? it loves to show them off.
pheromosa - lust. i don't think i have to explain.
xurkitree - greed. it takes every ounce of electricity for itself.
celesteela - sloth. it just kinda... sits in the ground for years at a time.
kartana - wrath. look at it. it's a fighter.
guzzlord - glutton. this is also self-explanatory.
-
i could just be overthinking things but at the same time this seems too specific to be a coincidence.
what are your thoughts?
There's actually a cool selection I made, with 6 of them not being Ultra Beasts. Mostly, some of the og Pokemon fit right in:

Envy is Banette. It's envious that their original owner abandoned them, and went on without them, getting a whole new plush and going on without them. (Gen III)
Gluttony is very, very, VERY OBVIOUSLY Snorlax. He isn't satisfied unless he eats about a staggering 900 Pounds a day, almost immediately going to sleep afterwards. (Gen I)
Sloth is a literal sloth- Slaking. Not only does he have an ability where he skips every other turn instead of attacking, but he's so damn lazy that he also barely moves at all. (Gen III)
Buzzwole is big, fat Pride. You said it yourself. (Gen VII)
Wrath fits perfectly with Gyarados, who burns down towns and rage and can't be calmed. (I think personally that's because he evolves from Magikarp, which everybody makes fun of for being the most "Weak and Pathetic" Pokemon, and now that it evolves, it takes out its built up rage from being made fun of.) (Gen I)
Lust is Jynx. Self explanatory from it's questionable Pokedex entries. (Gen I)
Greed is Gimmighoul. It hoards coins, and turns into Goldhengo when finished hoarding 1000 Coins. (The coins are also made out of souls.) (Gen IX aka Scarlet and Violet)

Back
Top Bottom