• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Sounding Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I mean, the plot is a bit more finite than the sort of projects I usually undertake, but that can be a good thing if it's your area of expertise. It's certainly a more original idea than I've seen recently.
WHY DOES NOBODY ELSE WANT TO DO A FASHION RP???

Wat iz wrongz wiz uz peoplez? Stoopidz!!! xD
A... fashion RP? :p

How would said RP work?

Have you guys ever tried ANIME RP? I mean, not romance or action thriller, but something along the lines of Adventure. A few would be like Fairy Tail, Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn, ONE PIECE. I was thinking to develop an RP (One Piece) with pretty much simplistic details and whatnot (I tend not to overwrite anything xD). But I have to know, would it gather any attention around here? :D Of course, I don't mind adding in Pokemon as wild Monsters/RPer's companion.

Have you guys ever tried ANIME RP? I mean, not romance or action thriller, but something along the lines of Adventure. A few would be like Fairy Tail, Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn, ONE PIECE. I was thinking to develop an RP (One Piece) with pretty much simplistic details and whatnot (I tend not to overwrite anything xD). But I have to know, would it gather any attention around here? :D Of course, I don't mind adding in Pokemon as wild Monsters/RPer's companion.

I have one and Non Pokemon RP too. And there are many many many others around the RPG forums in general.

So, throwing around another idea, tentatively named 'The ARC Project.'

Basically, sometime in the far future, Earth's become your standard desolate wasteland: incredible pollution, environmental devastation, massive overpopulation, etc. The resources necessary to sustain human society are dwindling to almost nothing. So the now-united world government initiates the Alternate Reality Construct Project--the eponymous ARC Project. Thematically, it's essentially a Matrix/Tron expy. By connecting the populace to a massive simulated world and leaving their bodies in stasis, consumerism should drop amazingly fast, with people's bodies needing only the bare minimum to survive. Since most of the population will be doing nothing at all in the real world, the government will then have free rein to slowly clean up and rebuild the world, without any worry of popular dissent.

Of course, such a radical idea needs to be tested, to prove that life in the world of the ARC Project will be better than the hellhole that Earth has become. So the government launches a beta test of sorts, sending various ex-cons, the insanely poor, and all sorts of people who won't be missed into the prototype world for the ARC Project, Dataspace Endymion. Endymion is a paradise, as the testers are free to reshape the data of the world around them.

The central conflict of the RP comes from those who are opposed to the ARC Project. They secretly insert their own agents into Endymion, to sabotage the ARC Project. Thus, the meat of the RP is a blend of various randomness as the players mess around with Endymion, and fighting a cyber war against the saboteurs. So, does it sound viable? Thoughts, criticism, suggestions?

So, throwing around another idea, tentatively named 'The ARC Project.'

Basically, sometime in the far future, Earth's become your standard desolate wasteland: incredible pollution, environmental devastation, massive overpopulation, etc. The resources necessary to sustain human society are dwindling to almost nothing. So the now-united world government initiates the Alternate Reality Construct Project--the eponymous ARC Project. Thematically, it's essentially a Matrix/Tron expy. By connecting the populace to a massive simulated world and leaving their bodies in stasis, consumerism should drop amazingly fast, with people's bodies needing only the bare minimum to survive. Since most of the population will be doing nothing at all in the real world, the government will then have free rein to slowly clean up and rebuild the world, without any worry of popular dissent.

Of course, such a radical idea needs to be tested, to prove that life in the world of the ARC Project will be better than the hellhole that Earth has become. So the government launches a beta test of sorts, sending various ex-cons, the insanely poor, and all sorts of people who won't be missed into the prototype world for the ARC Project, Dataspace Endymion. Endymion is a paradise, as the testers are free to reshape the data of the world around them.

The central conflict of the RP comes from those who are opposed to the ARC Project. They secretly insert their own agents into Endymion, to sabotage the ARC Project. Thus, the meat of the RP is a blend of various randomness as the players mess around with Endymion, and fighting a cyber war against the saboteurs. So, does it sound viable? Thoughts, criticism, suggestions?
I love the concept, but I'll be brutally honest on one small point: My "aww darn" moment, as an RP'r reading your synopsis, was the following...
Of course, such a radical idea needs to be tested
I personally think the concept would incite more enthusiasm if you went ahead and launched the RP in the midst of ARC, already running full-scale - with the "resistance" of sorts, as you mentioned above, working to dismantle ARC from the inside, alongside the bulk of the blissfully ignorant humanity.

I like Renewal's Dragon Rider RP.
That's definitely my kind of RP.

By the way....
I'm planning a Yu Gi Oh RP.
Each player sent a list of their deck to the GM, 40 cards max, and then the GM will make the thread for the players to battle. The GM decides what card will be drawn to the players via PM, and yeah.
It will be sorta like Master Mew's Rogues Gallery....
But the RP will need at least 3 GM to maintain the match between players.

I'm not sure if this gonna work anyway, since there's not many Yu Gi Oh fans here...

I like Renewal's Dragon Rider RP.
That's definitely my kind of RP.

By the way....
I'm planning a Yu Gi Oh RP.
Each player sent a list of their deck to the GM, 40 cards max, and then the GM will make the thread for the players to battle. The GM decides what card will be drawn to the players via PM, and yeah.
It will be sorta like Master Mew's Rogues Gallery....
But the RP will need at least 3 GM to maintain the match between players.

I'm not sure if this gonna work anyway, since there's not many Yu Gi Oh fans here...

I have no effing clue xD

You could do a whole RP on the fashion woirld, so basically models, designers, editors, students, photographers e.t.c

You could be more specific and do like a school for upcoming fashion students e.t.c

I think I'd be the only one interested though....

Here's an idea I meant to include in my previous roleplay, The Aura Tourney, but never really got to before the RP died.

The concept is what I like to call service pokemon. They would be of use mainly in Academies, and they would perform tasks to suit their species' habits. You know, like have Minccino, Cinccino, and Swablu as a Cleaning Servive Pkmn or have Pidgey, Pelliper, and Delibird as Delivery Service Pkmn.

What do you guys think?

@Master Mew: I guess you're right. I'm just a little tentative to go for epic, global scale right off. But I suppose that's what players are for: they fill in the blank spaces in the world you set up. I guess I'll tinker with it for a bit, but ARC Project will almost definitely be my next RP.

@Sorrow Blue: I'm a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, but I don't think a simulator for the card game would work as the best idea for an RP. What would happen is, just like in real life, we'd all gravitate to the most powerful decks, like Chaos, Lightsworn, Blackwings, etc. I think you should go for a more character- or story-centric RP, and allow the players to run duels on their own. It allows us, just like the writers of the anime series, to create adequate drama and a compelling narrative; if things get out of hand, you can just step in as the GM.

So, with Armeira slipping into Inactive Territory (serves me right for launching two massive roleplays so close together), I'm turning around the idea in my head of a smaller, more character-focused RP with the land and rich history of Armeira as its backdrop - sort of a... dare I say it...

Non-Pokémon Journey Roleplay

@Renewal what's the point of playing yugioh if there's no duel between player?
Although I have to say that it was fun to create adequate drama... But...

@Sorrow Blue: Sorry, I just meant not having the GM run the duels, otherwise it just becomes a simulator for the card game. In my opinion, it's really only RPing if the players have some active narrative impact. If the GM decides what cards the players draw, it ends up a lot like real life, and less like Yu-Gi-Oh. But if the players draw their own cards, they can set up dramatic combos and counters, unleash narratively significant monsters, just like the anime.

But yeah, of course there should be dueling!

@Renewal ah I see...
In that case, here's the current plot I have on my mind:
Arunafeltz is the floating kingdom, high in the clouds. It is also the location of the world most famous dueling academy. Arunafeltz is a floating kingdom surrounded with three floating islands – the glorious island Clardona, island of intelligence Juno, and island of prosperity Lighthalzen. The high technology is what allows this man made islands to exist. The island of intelligence is where the Students learns to become a good Duelist in the 'Dueling Academy'. Dueling academy is a huge, quite elegant-looking gothic styled castle, with many towers. The castle has extensive grounds with sloping lawns, flowerbeds and vegetable patches. This island is also called the island of wise men, since the grand library- the library that holds all knowledge in the world is located here.
The island of glory, Clardona, is where the dorms located. There's a lake called 'Summer Night Breeze' in the island. The lake is the most beautiful place in the Arunafeltz Kingdom.
The island of prosperity, Lighthalzen, is where the teachers resides and a popular hanging spot or dueling places. There's a place called the Battle Plaza, and this place is where you could see all kinds of duelist. Lighthalzen is the biggest island.

Along with the acceptance letter, first year students are sent a list of required equipment which includes a deck, subject books, and standard Duel Disk.
In order to get to Arunafeltz, you must go to Domino City and take a flight to Arunafeltz.

Are you ready to explore the academy?

Crappy, I know

@Sorrow Blue: No, it sounds like a promising setting. But it does need work. First off, do you have some sort of villain or conflict planned? Essentially, you need something that really differentiates this from GX, or it might be better just to set it at a Duel Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom