• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Theory: Gen Seven's Third Game

There would be at least two more games at least for gen 7 after Sun and Moon. My guesses: Sun 2 and Moon 2 or Temporal Diamond and Celestial Pearl. If there is a third version then it could be called Eclipse.

So new NX rumors/leaks from two very reliable sources.

Both saying that the NX is a hybrid, but the main part being a handheld instead of the console (exact opposite of the Wii U) with the power near of the XOne. Also there will be a TV adapter.
Nintendo didn't wanted to answer questions regarding the leaks.

That would mean a huge graphical jump from 3DS to NX for the pokemon main games, which is very exciting and that would mean the next handheld (and console) to come out on March 2017 already and that could mean a new generation already in 2018.

Even with those rumors about the NX in mind, I don't know if I could see a new generation in 2018. Most generations last at least three years and people already think that length is too short. Two years would be extremely short. It's not impossible, especially if Nintendo wants to put a main series Pokemon game on the NX to help get more people interested in the system, but I don't think that the next generation will start that early.

That would mean a huge graphical jump from 3DS to NX for the pokemon main games, which is very exciting and that would mean the next handheld (and console) to come out on March 2017 already and that could mean a new generation already in 2018.
I don't know.....

The 3ds(which was meant to a big graphical improvement over the ds) was already out when BW2 was released in 2012, and yet, the first pokemon games on the 3ds weren't out until 2013.

Just because the NX is supposed to be a big graphical improvement over it's predescor doesn't mean that we're straight jumping into the next gen while leaving the previous one too short.

Yeah, and I don't think they going to have one pair of gen 7 on the 3DS and the other pair on the NX. All main series games of a gen exist on the same console as each other.

maybe another Spin off game, like colliseum, or gale of darkness? but the core games are firmly rooted on handheld consoles.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom