• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

I'd like the GTS to be improved. It had a pretty good update in Generation VI, but it wasn't enaugh.

Most importantly, they should ban the impossible requests such as an Ivysaur level 1 to 10. The only possible reasons they didn't do that so far are that either they are lazy or they leve them purposely just because they're plain evil. (but most probabilly the former)

Also, they should let the Mythical Pokemon to be traded. Some people, such as me, are unable to obtain some Pokemon such as Mew or Hoopa because they never have a shop near them that distributes these Pokemon (the nearest shop that distributes Mew is 1327 km/825 miles away from me) and trading could be the only way that they can get them.

EDIT: Whoops, I've found a shop that's just 1262 km/784 miles away from me, I guess I can make it haha...

Last edited:
I'd like the GTS to be improved. It had a pretty good update in Generation VI, but it wasn't enaugh.

Most importantly, they should ban the impossible requests such as an Ivysaur level 1 to 10. The only possible reasons they didn't do that so far are that either they are lazy or they leve them purposely just because they're plain evil. (but most probabilly the former)

Also, they should let the Mythical Pokemon to be traded. Some people, such as me, are unable to obtain some Pokemon such as Mew or Hoopa because they never have a shop near them that distributes these Pokemon (the nearest shop that distributes Mew is 1327 km/825 miles away from me) and trading could be the only way that they can get them.

EDIT: Whoops, I've found a shop that's just 1262 km/784 miles away from me, I guess I can make it haha...

Additionally, they need to let you view the Summary screen for Pokemon offered on the GTS so you can get more information on the Pokemon offered (stats, movesets, abilities, etc.) and detect hacks easier.

What would you say to a mega Hydreigon dragon/poison with Levitate?(found a dragon/steel idea on the net, that would be also interesting 2 immunities and only fighting could harm it, that one is better now that I though about it more.)

- we have still 40 unused type combinations ,
- how many type combinations where used max 3 or 5 times not counting legendaries or megas?
(we want also regular pokes with them too)
- if you count generations together in their amount of pokemon I and II, III and IV , V and VI? do you notice something?

-could be less pokes but better designed and usefull, that means in a central role or niche,
or a other version of dual typing, or other stats, ability and so on.(but original and good)

- give pokes a mega or evo or better move pool to make them usefull: Basculin, Raticate, Pachirisu,Volbeat, Illumise and so on.

- special mega stones for Plusle and Minum , Illumise and Volbeat, Meowstic duo, Nidoking and Nidoqueen to make both mega evolve during double battles and regular during normal battles.

- less mono typed pokes, only if they evolve into something good.

Last edited:
That double mega thing seems interesting... But it also seems horribly abuse-able. Pokemon can only Megavolve once per battle for a reason. Allowing two for no obvious reason other than counterparts seems like it'd seriously tip or even destroy the power scale of battles.

It depends how strong the megas would be for the pairs of pokemon.
We are talking about use in double battles for certain pairs of pokemon in regular battles you would have regular.
Would be one mega stone for 2 pokemon.
This days all thing seems to be horibly abuse-able .
If the creators would thing that way, then we would never have gotten so interesting pokemon like shedinja, mega evolutions, dragons, fairy types and so on.
It is not hard to judge things, its harder to create many new things that would be innovative, game changing and could reduce the abuse of other things.

Charizard X was black? maybe Feraligatr could be white, albino, maybe with golden motives like a Sobek?(I would want a water/dragon seeing how Charizard and Sceptile got this treatment, it would make sense if you look at the movesets, it learns a lot dragon moves and also by breading, and it was like Ampharos not in the dragon egg group.)

Last edited:
I've said it before; but I'll say it again. Make the player character have both parents but have them actually contribute to the plot inside of shoving them to the side, at least in ORAS they managed to expand Norman's character quite a bit which I absolutely loved and even made minor characters get some development as well.

The gym leaders, elite four and champion could also be expanded upon too. Give them an actual personality instead of an gimmick or 'aspect' of them. Actually make them come off as people.

Rival characters or allies could be appeared with some consequences or changes depending on what you do or say to them.

For the Villains make them utterly unsympathetic as possible. Lysandre's "reasons" were pathetic and I could not find myself sympathizing with him at all, I found him to be barely tolerable at best; the Admins would be given more dialogue and more battles depending on how many there are and the goals that said villainous team is trying to grasp at.

Eeveelutions; Dragon and Steel or Ghost should be next.
Rapidash needs an evolution.
Male! Combee could use an evolution.
Basculin and Chatot too.

Ice needs a definite boost against all the other types or at least have some resistance.

• Keep the Exp. Share as it is... I normally turn it off for the main game. Guess they could hand it out later though
  • Difficulty settings, yes please
  • Around a hundred new pokemon, including (pr)evolutions
  • A handful of new megas (some grass types please)
  • A decent story, I enjoyed BW very much, ORAS was alright too (I mean, I think it greatly improved the original)
  • Don't make everything so incredibly obvious. Could be solved with the difficulty settings though. Easy mode would drop more hints, while challenge mode would allow for more guessing and figuring out stuff on your own
  • A coherent, non-linear region, with optional backtracking. I think Sinnoh is actually one of the best designed regions, it doesn't feel like there's lots of empty space between towns aren routes. Hoenn too actually
  • New places and a good post-game plot. I did like the Delta Episode, even if it was a bit travelling back and forth between places I already knew. It would have been nice if there actually had been a Draconid in a new area of the Meteor Falls, or something like that
  • Actually, maybe like downloadable missions or something? Which I maybe wouldn't even mind paying for, as long as the actual game feels solid and complete
  • A little more new legendaries than XY had (and a poison type please)
  • A ghost eeveelution
Also, I thought the 3DS and the game cartridge should be able to handle more than they currently do? at least, I heard there was still quite a bit of space left... Might be completely wrong though... Even so, Gen VII might very well be on the 3DS' successor, which should be capable of quite a bit more... So yes, more pokemon models and them interacting with the overworld please

...Gen VII might very well be on the 3DS' successor, which should be capable of quite a bit more...
Nooooooooooo, nonononono, do NOT put Gen VII on the New! 3DS. To my knowledge, the only game to be New! 3DS exclusive was Xenoblade Chronicles, a much loved series, however the game was killed before it got out of the gate by being New! 3DS exclusive. Everybody hated that, and practically no-one was willing to buy a New! 3DS for one game. It would kill Gen VII as well.

Nooooooooooo, nonononono, do NOT put Gen VII on the New! 3DS. To my knowledge, the only game to be New! 3DS exclusive was Xenoblade Chronicles, a much loved series, however the game was killed before it got out of the gate by being New! 3DS exclusive. Everybody hated that, and practically no-one was willing to buy a New! 3DS for one game. It would kill Gen VII as well.

I think he means the NX. The time for a New 3DS exclusive generation has kinda passed at this point.

Maybe include a relationship thing with rivals like that of Fire Emblem. You could have people following you around like the anime and choose your rivals. That would be pretty cool.

• The removal of HMs from the game. The recent games have already let up using them as much, so let's get rid of them completely.
  • TMs are no longer tradeable items, do something about it! Have the TM list be different between versions or at least pairs of games.
  • Stop the arbitrary 3 Pokemon per Gymleader rule XY had, it was stupid and was a factor in making the game easier. And give the Elite Four 5 teams again.
  • Bring back the difficulty levels from B2W2. It was a great idea that kinda fell flat in its implementation, but if they do it right it'd be great.
  • Limit the number of Pokemon in the new region's dex. XY had too many Pokemon. It gave a lot of options, but it broke my immersion so much that almost every area in the game had a completely different set of Pokemon.
  • Bring back seasons. I'm so tired of Game Freak adding new features to the games and then dropping them completely in the next set of games. It comes off as lazy and kind of like they're scared of adding too much stuff to the formula at once.

I'm not sure, but I think that the reason you can't trade TMs anymore is because they're infinite use. Before you could only use them once so you could trade them from another game you owned or from a friend so that you could have multiple Pokemon who know TM moves. Now having 2 of the same TM is rather useless, you just find the one you're after and use it as much as you want.
That new Dex limit is a good idea though, I don't want to finish the regional Dex and then only have a whole 100 Pokemon until I finish the national Dex.

The removal of HMs from the game. The recent games have already let up using them as much, so let's get rid of them completely.

HMs don't need to be removed, they add a lot of the overworld design. What they need is to make them usable without sacrificing a moveslot.

Stop the arbitrary 3 Pokemon per Gymleader rule XY had, it was stupid and was a factor in making the game easier. And give the Elite Four 5 teams again.
Bring back the difficulty levels from B2W2. It was a great idea that kinda fell flat in its implementation, but if they do it right it'd be great.

Yes to both of these.

Bring back seasons. I'm so tired of Game Freak adding new features to the games and then dropping them completely in the next set of games. It comes off as lazy and kind of like they're scared of adding too much stuff to the formula at once.

As much as I don't like them suddenly dropping features after one game I don't think seasons are something we need back. They don't really add much to the game aside from a handful of different Pokemon and time locked content that you have to wait several months for.

I'm not sure, but I think that the reason you can't trade TMs anymore is because they're infinite use. Before you could only use them once so you could trade them from another game you owned or from a friend so that you could have multiple Pokemon who know TM moves. Now having 2 of the same TM is rather useless, you just find the one you're after and use it as much as you want.

My thoughts exactly. Having two of the same TM is pointless when they're infinite use, so there's no reason to trade them.

That new Dex limit is a good idea though, I don't want to finish the regional Dex and then only have a whole 100 Pokemon until I finish the national Dex.

Yeah, I think they shouldn't have a regional dex larger than 300. Any more than that and the new Pokemon become too diluted.

You know what would be neat to see? More player choice-dependent outcomes. They sort of dos that in black and white with the first gym being based on your starter, but I think they could take it to a whole new level. In yellow, your rival's eevee evolves depending on specific wins or losses, doesn't it? That would be awesome if things like that could occur on a bigger scale. Like, I might choose to do something different than my friend, and then we'd end up fighting a different champion team or something like that.

It could also be a way to make the games more or less challenging, depending on what you might do (or choose not to). Being able to pick your own team of Pokemon has always been the way to really make each game feel like your own unique adventure, they could really expand on that and ACTUALLY give us some unique adventures.

My thoughts exactly. Having two of the same TM is pointless when they're infinite use, so there's no reason to trade them.

Oh, that's not what I meant. I wasn't really clear.
What I meant was the because TMs aren't tradeable and are infinite use, I'd like it if the TMs were different between games. The only case where this has happened was moving Rock Smash from TM94 in XY to HM09 in ORAS, and TM94 became Secret Power. I want this on a larger scale. I want the same TM numbers to be different moves in different games.

I wanna see better Pokedex rewards. It took me three GODDAMN months to fill out the Hoenn Dex, and all I got was some stupid crappy oval charm I don't even care about. It's useless and does nothing, I'd be happier with the certificate, which does MORE NOTHING THAN THE OVAL CHARM. Pokedex is like, the BIGGEST thing in the game, the tagline is "gotta catch em all" for Christ' sake, reward me so it feels like it was worth it so I have a reason to keep DOING this every goddamn generation.

Well, if you do manage to fill out the nationalDex you get a shiny charm, increasing the probability of a shiny Pokemon... But yeah, it does feel kinda like a long slog for nothin'
Well like, i already caught all the Pokemon, so it's not like I'm gonna be catching more just because I got a charm that raises shiny chance a little bit.

No more butterflies/moths for the early game Bugs. After Butterfree, Venomoth, Beautifly, Dustox, Masquerain, Mothim, Volcarona and Vivillon I think the concept is just about exhausted as far as being interesting and different. Sure we could get a Bug/Ice butterfly or whatever but it feels overdone and they all end up shoe-horned as Quiver Dancers which is boring.

So yeah, give us some cool, interesting and unique Bugs like we've had with Ledian, Ariados, Kricketune, Scolipede and Leavanny for the early game Bug(s). Please.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom