• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia US Presidents Mafia I - Endgame: President's Day 13/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather quiet night...Nothing much to talk about, is there?

I heard ME's screening the Lego Batman Movie down in the White House theater. Everyone must be there.

I know that's where I'll be heading in an hour.

He's Dead, Jim!
Day 3: He's dead, Jim!

Flushed with triumph over their recent success in lynching President Clinton, the former leaders retired to their quarters in good spirits that evening.
Much the same as the previous night, a few of the former presidents remained restless.
One such man remained in his room that evening, drafting up a new inquiry to submit to Maniacal Engineer's staff.
As his touched his quill to the parchment, the man paused thoughtfully, unsure as to whom he should inquire about that evening.

The man's thoughts were interrupted by a knock at his door. Suspicious, the man peered through the peephole, but was relieved when he saw a familiar face.
The man opened the door fully and another man, dressed in military garb, stepped in.
"Good evening," said the man in the military outfit formally, "I hope that this night finds you in good health?"
"Indeed it does," replied the other, "I was just thinking about whom I should check in on this evening."
"I can make that easy for you," stated the man in uniform.
"How, pray tell?" asked the other.

With reflexes hardened by years of service in the military, the man in the uniform withdrew his sword and cut down the other man.
"I'm sorry James," he said, shaking his head sadly, "but this is not the way we envisioned for this country."
The man then cleaned his sword off, and returned to his own room, whistling Yankee Doodle as he went.

Upon the morrow, when the former leaders gathered in the conference room once more, only ten of them arrived.
Dear Elementar,
408px-John_Vanderlyn_-_James_Madison_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

You are James Madison, Jr. the 4th President of the United States, who held office from 1809-1817.
One of the United States' Founding Fathers, you are known as the Father of the Constitution due to your crucial roles in drafting both the initial constitution as well as the Bill of Rights. In 1791, you and Thomas Jefferson broke away from the Federalist Party and created the Democratic-Republican Party. Under Jefferson, you served as the Secretary of State and supervised the Louisiana Purchase, which doubled the nation's size.
Having a good relationship with Napoleon's France, the United States was trading with France when the Napoleonic Wars broke out, and Britain began indiscriminately boarding U.S. trade ships and capturing its crew for recruitment into the Royal Navy. Meanwhile, the British also armed Native Americans in the Northwest Territory and told them to attack U.S. settlers. Angered, the citizens of the United States called for a second War of Independence and elected a "war hawk" Congress, with Henry Claw and John C. Calhoun as its leaders.
You then asked Congress for a declaration of war, which they provided, and instructed them to see to strengthening the U.S.'s fledgling military, complete the military academy, and make other preparations as demanded by this crisis. The War of 1812 had begun.
You faced opposition from governors, the militia, the Federalist Party, and several states who threatened disunion. Additionally, due to your efforts along with those of Thomas Jefferson, the federal bank had been discontinued, the military had been reduced, and the tax system had been narrowed, leaving you with a weakened military and little funding.
During the War, Generals William Henry Harrison and Andrew Jackson thwarted the Native American threat, while the U.S. managed to build a naval shipyard in Sacket's Harbor in New York, where twelve ships were completed before the end of the war.
The U.S. also secured several key naval victories, including a victory over the HMS Guerriere by the USS Constitution, earning her the nickname "Old Ironsides."
In spite of many victories, the war did not go well. After a crushing defeat at the Battle of Bladensburg on August 24th, 1814, British troops stormed Washington D.C. and burned down the White House and the, then incomplete, U.S. Capitol Building, though luckily you had evacuated by then.
Another key battle was the successful defense of Ft. McHenry near Baltimore, which inspired Francis Scott Key to write "The Star Spangled Banner," which became the United States' national anthem.
Finally, under Andrew Jackson, the U.S. forces defeated the British in the Battle of New Orleans, in the most decisive victory during this war. While this occurred after the Treaty of Ghent was drafted, it was before it had been ratified.
With the ratification of the Treaty of Ghent, the War of 1812 was over, with neither side gaining any territory.
Post-War, the citizens felt that they had finally established a solid independence from Britain, and the Era of Good Feelings began, causing an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity, during this time you dedicated the rest of your term towards upgrading the U.S. military and, eventually, signed an act creating the second Bank of the United States, having learned that the bank was vital for military funding.
You died after a long life at the age of 85, the last of the Founding Fathers.
Your acquisition of the Louisiana Purchase under Thomas Jefferson led to the expedition of Lewis and Clark, who were sent to explore the region, describing flora and fauna and any other noteworthy aspects of the new territory. As such, you are the Tracker. During the night, you may PM the hosts Track: player, and you will learn who, if anybody, that player visited that night.
You are allied with the Presidential Powerhouses, and you win when all hostile factions are eliminated.

Maniacal Engineer was not amused.
"As per yesterday," he said before he left, "my staff will send out responses to those of you who submitted inquires last night. I will leave you to your work."

It is now Day 3! Phase ends on 12/2/17 at 10:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time.

Seems like they went for an investigative PR kill that had less chances of being protected than Caps. They most probably don't have a strongman, which isn't quite surprising as they had a simple Roleblocker.
Given the simplicity of the Roleblocker role, I'd expect a Rolecop and a Godfather.

In any case, waiting for Caps to give us a lead.

My fellow Presidents, it appears that our efforts to preserve a more perfect union have on this night been stymied.

We have lost a valuable ally and our investigative reports have turned up with no knowledge that we did not on the day prior possess. It appears that we are the blind and we are being lead about by the blind, and, my fellow Chiefs of State, I need not say where that will lead us.

I will be wholly frank though, that while we may now be dwelling in the depths of sorrow, we have yet to even begin to fight against those who seek to destroy all that we believe in, all that we have fought for.

Thanks to the coordination of President Caps, the work of the Honorable President Zexy, and yes, the diplomacy of yours truly, we have achieved a level of trust and mutual understanding that has yet to grace the face of this great nation.

I have no doubt in my mind that light will always triumph over the dark, and on this dismal of morning we are the shining torches of liberty.

There still are those amongst us who would seek to hide in the shadows for one reason or another, robbing us all of the trust that we so wholeheartedly desire.

I will speak plainly and state the four individuals who have yet to step into the fullness of the light of justice, and I now submit these four to defend themselves before the entirety of the Assembly.

DarthWolf13, jackatlasred, HumanDawn, and Hellcrow.

Two of these individuals are most certainly traitors.

Thus, I submit this most solemn of judgments now to all of your facilities, to be guided by objective evidence, your own human intellect, and, most importantly, the righteous hand of Truth.

To make it a bit more clear and less roleplay-ish

We should only lynch between those four for the rest of the game. We believe we reached the point of a confirmed majority, from which we just lynch the rest in process of elimination and the win is practically guaranteed. Unless we've done some serious mistake in clearing someone who we shouldn't, in which case we'll come out and admit it. In any other case, don't lynch anybody but those 4, no matter which people in the alliance die. Please don't mess this up the way XY and Ace Attorney ended up because the main people holding alliances together were inactive/killed off.

Wait a minute...
FoS: TheCapsFan

During Day 2, I unintentionally outed Elementar as having claimed Tracker, which turned out to be true. Zexy said, at that time, Tracker is a Town role most of the time. In that case, @TheCapsFan, why would you think a Copcheck on Elementar was necessary?

Wait a minute...
FoS: TheCapsFan

During Day 2, I unintentionally outed Elementar as having claimed Tracker, which turned out to be true. Zexy said, at that time, Tracker is a Town role most of the time. In that case, @TheCapsFan, why would you think a Copcheck on Elementar was necessary?
lolnope

He still wanted to be sure, he had the right to do so. Just because you said it's likely Town doesn't mean we had to consider him cleared.
Besides, please don't even try FoSing the person who claimed Cop with a scum check who CCd him and flipped scum.

lolnope

He still wanted to be sure, he had the right to do so. Just because you said it's likely Town doesn't mean we had to consider him cleared.
Besides, please don't even try FoSing the person who claimed Cop with a scum check who CCd him and flipped scum.
You said it yourself. A Tracker is more often than not Town. That's why Elementar wasn't a wise choice for a Copcheck. I even considered this line of reasoning: Caps is scum and not actually Cop. His "check" on RC was actually a bussing and he claimed to have checked Elementar as an excuse not to give another result.

You said it yourself. A Tracker is more often than not Town. That's why Elementar wasn't a wise choice for a Copcheck. I even considered this line of reasoning: Caps is scum and not actually Cop. His "check" on RC was actually a bussing and he claimed to have checked Elementar as an excuse not to give another result.
Then who is the Cop and why didn't they CC 2 scum who both fakeclaimed Cop
This could've exposed 2 scum for literally no reason as had Caps not claimed a scum check on RC we wouldn't even have a clue of what the game's Cop is doing...

Then who is the Cop and why didn't they CC 2 scum who both fakeclaimed Cop
This could've exposed 2 scum for literally no reason as had Caps not claimed a scum check on RC we wouldn't even have a clue of what the game's Cop is doing...
Why assume this game actually has a Cop? Unless I'm mistaken and literally every Mafia game has one, it was first brought up when RC and TCF claimed it.

Why assume this game actually has a Cop? Unless I'm mistaken and literally every Mafia game has one, it was first brought up when RC and TCF claimed it.
Because it is much more likely for the game to have a Cop than Caps/RC being both scum!
Literally ALMOST every game has one and the info we have points to a Cop being in the game, not going to elaborate on that just to convince an indep though.

In any case, please trust us and assume Caps is confirmed town cop. I wouldn't give your scenario more than 1% chance at this point...

Because it is much more likely for the game to have a Cop than Caps/RC being both scum!
Literally ALMOST every game has one and the info we have points to a Cop being in the game, not going to elaborate on that just to convince an indep though.

In any case, please trust us and assume Caps is confirmed town cop. I wouldn't give your scenario more than 1% chance at this point...
For the time being, I'll retract my suspicions.

How is Zexy confirmed safe?
I believe the various roleclaims that have been claimed to Caps (and I guess Zexy too) are the basis for the list Zexy gave earlier, coupled with reads from the first couple days I assume.

I agree with Max that Caps' check target was ill advised, there were much better targets to check in my opinion. But I still trust him as cop.

In any case, my current FOS from that list is Hellcrow. I know he usually lurks no matter his alignment but I still find his posts to be very fluffy.

[Vote] Hellcrow

2. @jdthebud
4. @Olive
5. @TheCapsFan
6. @Elementar
7. @jackatlasred
8. @HumanDawn
9. @DarthWolf13
10. @Max1996
11. @Pikochu
12. @Hellcrow

After discussion with fellow allies in private, we have reached the conclusion that our lynch for today should be:

VOTE: Hellcrow

He claimed Vanilla.
We are paranoid of him being Godfather which means we wouldn't even trust a cop check on them so they should be lynched for the sake of process of elimination first while we try to confirm the rest of the people as town/mafia tonight.

Well, if there's a chance we'll get the Godfather lynched...

VOTE: Hellcrow
@Zexy, I don't think I need to say what would happen should Hellcrow turn out to actually be Vanilla...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom