• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia US Presidents Mafia I - Endgame: President's Day 13/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not post it here so other people can judge that for themselves?

"i'm vanilla. if you want more, have me checked."

classic mafia godfather overconfidence.

also you're playing really accusatory for an independent, especially considering you're talking to the town cop...

[VOTE]: Hellcrow

I am in the private chat with Hellcrow and can confirm that the wording he uses is scummy as all get out.
Did you start it or did he?

I just find it super strange that he said nothing in the private chat we are both in. That's where he first claimed, and only after I pushed him about it.
The very reason I pushed him about it was that I had the feeling he'd try to avoid joinig the massclaim by himself for as long as possible, which is scummy.
And now he avoids talking to that chat where I can see messages, once again, but tries to convince just you? SUPER SCUMMY

Max, I must admit I also don't understand why you're playing like this. TheCapsFan is one of the key people in the alliance Olive and I are in, an alliance who tries to help you win. Besides, why even care that much if Caps is secret scum or something, you're indep not town...

Did you start it or did he?

I just find it super strange that he said nothing in the private chat we are both in. That's where he first claimed, and only after I pushed him about it.
The very reason I pushed him about it was that I had the feeling he'd try to avoid joinig the massclaim by himself for as long as possible, which is scummy.
And now he avoids talking to that chat where I can see messages, once again, but tries to convince just you? SUPER SCUMMY
dude that's from the chat we're both in :))

Max, I must admit I also don't understand why you're playing like this. TheCapsFan is one of the key people in the alliance Olive and I are in, an alliance who tries to help you win. Besides, why even care that much if Caps is secret scum or something, you're indep not town...
I'm honestly starting to doubt myself now, even though I was only throwing out a possibility.

Currently the vote is at 5 for Hellcrow and 2 for Max. I don't want to risk a late switch to lynch Max/no lynch so I'll be keeping my vote on Hellcrow for now. If someone else who has not voted yet (@WolfOwl and @Pikochu) votes for Hellcrow, then I will be fine with switching it. Hellcrow obviously won't vote for himself, so...

Night 3: Godfather of our Nation
Votals:
Max1996: I (Olive, Zexy)
Hellcrow: V (jdthebud, Max1996, DarthWolf13, jackatlasred, TheCapsFan)

Night 3: Godfather of our Nation

Unfortunately for the former Presidents, they had been disorganized the previous evening, so the responses to their departmental inquiries were not as enlightening as the day before.
Nonetheless, they continued their work, undaunted but saddened by the death of one of the nation's glorious founders.
President Madison's room was examined closely, and evidence was gathered.
"Doesn't seem like the door was forced open," commented a mustachio'd man in a suit and bow tie.
The bearded president whose memo had revealed Clinton as a traitor stepped in to examine the minibar. Having concluded that nothing was a-rye with the bar, he poured himself some more Kentucky bourbon.
"The wounds on his body seemed like they were from an officer's saber," he commented.
"But that leaves two suspects," said a shifty looking man with prominent jowls and a five o'clock shadow, "since both of them are in military uniforms."
The man with the five o'clock shadow gestured to two former presidents in military attire.
"The conclusion is fairly obvious, is it not?" remarked a bespectacled gray haired academic looking man, "President Madison clearly knew his murderer, and let him in of his own accord."
"Then that leaves only one suspect," commented another mustachio'd man, who looked slightly older but very similar to the first one.
"President Washington, the Founding Father of this country and our glorious predecessor, is a traitor," commented a charismatic older man theatrically.

All eyes turned to George Washington, who remained in stony silence as the accusations against him continued.
Faced with nothing but silence, the remaining leaders voted to have Washington executed.

When Maniacal Engineer returned at the day's end, after another hard day on the job, he heard their decision with some shock.
He turned to the Father of the United States and asked him one question: "why?"
"Because," said Washington, "this is not the country I fought for. I spent my life dedicated toward fighting tyranny, and I will not stand idly by as this country is ruled by an Emperor."
"I respect your decision, sir," said the Mighty Emperor, "but I was duly elected by the people of this country to serve their needs. While my methodology is different, due to the circumstances and trying time this nation has recently faced, I am still working for the benefit of the people."
"All tyrants share your delusion," remarked the first President, "I will have no part in this future."
Sadly, Maniacal Engineer signaled his agents to remove George Washington and have him executed for treason.

Dear Hellcrow,
299px-Gilbert_Stuart_-_George_Washington_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

George Washington said:
I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God.
You are George Washington, the very first President of the United States, who held office from 1789-1797.
Prior to the American Independence War, you served on the British Army during the France and Indian War. As a result of these campaigns, you observed British military tactics, including their strengths and weaknesses, and established yourself as a formidable and strategic leader, even during retreats. You learned how to lead, train, and drill men, and gained other skilled that proved invaluable during the American Revolutionary War.
You began taking political stands against the British in 1767, with your opposition of the 1765 Stamp Act, and organized a boycott of British products after the Townshend Acts were enacted in 1767 until they were repealed in 1770.
In August of 1774, you attended the First Virginia Convention, where you were appointed as a Virginia delegate to the First Continental Congress.
In April of 1775, following the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the colonies went to war, and you appeared before the Second Continental Congress in full military apparel, signalling your readiness for combat. Though you never requested the position, and even said that you weren't up for it, you were nominated by John Adams to be the General and Commander-in-Chief of the newly created Continental Army on June 14th, 1775, and you were appointed as such.
Your tasks were threefold. First, you managed the military aspect of the war effort. You worked together with the Continental Congress to devise the overall strategy of the war and served as a leader for your troops. In spite of losing several battles during the war, you never surrendered.
Second, you were responsible for training new soldiers. At the time of the Revolution, the colonies had no army. As such, it was imperative that new soldiers be trained. Lastly, you served as a symbol of resistance and opposition to the British Crown.
You were the rallying point of your troops and, eventually, with military and financial aid from France, you were instrumental during the battle at Yorktown, where the British finally surrendered on October 19th, 1781.
In the Treaty of Paris, signed in September of 1784, the British officially recognized the independence of the United States, and you resigned your commission as Commander-in-Chief on December 23rd, 1784, thinking that you would retire. History had other plans for you.
Despite your reluctance, you agreed to attend the Constitutional Convention in 1787 as a Virginia delegate, where you were unanimously elected president of the convention. The founding fathers then drafted and ratified the United States Constitution, and in 1789 you were unanimously elected to the office of President of the United States by the Electoral College, being the only president to receive this distinction. John Adams, who received the second largest number of votes, became your Vice President.
You were sworn in an inaugurated on April 20th, 1789, at the Federal Hall in New York City. The 1st United States Congress voted to pay you $25,000 per year as President, and initially you were reluctant to receive such a high salary, despite having financial troubles at the time. However, you accepted the offer to avoid setting the precedent that the president would need to be independently wealthy and could serve without a salary. You were an able administrator and very aware that, as the first president, you were the archetype for the position and that everything you did would set a precedent for the future. As such, you made sure that, while you were careful to attend to the pomp and ceremony of the position, you avoided all emulations of the European monarchy.
You established the cabinet form of government, as well as sending messages to Congress. You set standards for tolerance of opposing positions, and, when you decided to retire for good, you made sure that a smooth transition occurred with your successor, John Adams.
During your presidency, you proved the federal government's capabilities in enforcing its laws when you successfully led a group of militiamen to quash the Whiskey Rebellion after people became upset regarding a tax on distilled beverages.
In April of 1792, the French Revolutionary Wars began, with France fighting against Britian. Instead of starting another war with Britain, with the permission of Congress, you declared neutrality.
You then voiced your support for the Jay Treaty, a treaty negotiated by John Jay with the British contingency in the Great Lakes area in 1794. The treaty had favorable terms and resulted in a decade of trade and prosperity with the British West Indies colonies.
In 1796, you declined to run for a third term in office and wrote a farewell address to the American public. Your address encouraged being friendly to all nations, but to avoid long "entangling" alliances that could drag the U.S. into the wars and affairs of the Old World, a policy that was followed by many of the founding generation presidents, namely John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison.
Two years after your retirement, you died in 1799, after spending too much time outside inspecting your plantation on horseback in the snow and contracting an illness. A firm believer in bloodletting, an accepted medical practice at the time, that could have very well done you in.
Although you are one of the founding fathers and the very first President, you were not part of any political Party, since none existed at the time. Because of this, and since you are the father of the United States, you are the Godfather. While you are allied with the Presidential Party Poopers, any cop scans on you will show that you are a Presidential Powerhouse.
You are allied with the Presidential Party Poopers, and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated.

"That's two traitors that have been lynched," said Maniacal Engineer to the remaining former leaders, "you are to be commended for your effectiveness. Nonetheless, my staff believe that there are still more co-conspirators out there. Rest up, and I will see you all tomorrow morning."

It is now Night 3! Phase ends on 13/2/17 at 10:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom