• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Zexy Games Mafia - Endgame - 11/14/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
*posts the first thorough post making an initiative on something while there were like 7 before me that didn't do anything*

*posts one or two posts that aren't so detailed but are just thoughts*

Aussie Eevee: HumanDawn is scum, he's thorough about everything 100% of the time every time.

It's true you never *touched* ;) him but the problem is that you were being vague/not thorough yourself, so you're just imposing a double standard on me. It's okay for you to not be thorough, but it isn't for me if I'm not thorough 100% of the time?
The only one I've give any kind of read on is yourself... and my reason for voting you was quite thorough.

As for Wolfowl, the most I see is you accusing her of being mafia because she voted for the host, then herself.

I agree that self voting isn't really something Wolfowl does, so it does raise a flag there, but her vote for Zexy isn't suspicious.

I also see you jumping on anyone that defends - directly, indirectly OR in passing - Wolfowl.
Aussie Eevee: HumanDawn is scum, he's thorough about everything 100% of the time every time.
I'm pretty sure I never called you scum. I said it doesn't feel like your town self. But you have to admit, your posts so far have been pretty suspicious.

Confirmed.

Vote: Seth Rollins
You broke up the shield! WHY?!

I'm really surprised to see the Wolfowl wagon get up to 4 votes. I really don't like that. What WO did was counterproductive sure, but the game just started. I don't think what she did warranted a 4 vote wagon.

Guys. I bet Human is a fool because this is such bad play on his part that I can't take it seriously.

Yes I do believe that Elementar would do something blatant as scum because he disguised it as a joke VOTE. However being the fourth vote and saying it's a joke VOTE is bs.

On humans case-it's weak. I voted Zexy as a joke. And then I voted myself part jokingly and part for reactions. It's not scummy or strange cause I have done it before as town.

WolfOwl said:
Unvote: Zexy
Vote: WolfOwl

He's clearly right.
Why the selfvote? You've pulled this tactic as town in the past with the intent of trying to see who would hop on the wagon, but iirc it didn't amount to anything or give us much of an indication of who was scum. I don't understand why you would try it again as town when it didn't work before, nor why you wouldn't have used your vote to try to get someone else to talk when a vote is the best weapon to scumhunt with in the day.

VOTE: WolfOwl

I know I don't usually joke-vote, but I feel left out.

VOTE: WolfOwl
Were you legitimately joke voting in placing the 4th vote? Additionally, do you find WolfOwl suspicious now?
I feel like the last Mafia is either Ghostly or FinalArcadia.
This is discrimination against Gundam-related avatars and I'll see you in court for this
I'm not scum. But you know me, HD... I don't like bandwagons. Especially in games with hyper majority eliminations, and especially when the bandwagon formed as RVS.
But - regardless of whether you disagree with the reasons or not - Human did give a reason for voting WolfOwl that was more than a joke vote. Would you consider that to be more than simple RVS? How much more would it take for a bandwagon to be legitimate to you?
Wow that escalated from "confirmed" to 4 quick "joke votes" on WO in one page? That's not something that happens very often.

@AussieEevee How is HD supposed to be more thorough than this?

Vote: AussieEevee
You put quotation marks around "joke votes;" how are you reading the votes on WolfOwl then? And I don't completely understand your vote. It feels disconnected from most of the action when you're not addressing hardly anything that has happened outside of "wow, that escalated"-filler comment that says nothing about any of the votes/posts related to that so far while simultaneously not giving much of a reason for why you're voting Eevee. And I find filler-y posts like that to be scummy when they can make scum look engaged without actually being so.

HumanDawn said:
If I'm sounding vague-ish it's because it's Sunday afternoon, right after having eaten an amazing 3 course meal at my aunt so I'm kind of tired at the moment stuffed with food. Just wanted to share some thoughts at that time.
Ah ok well I'm glad you had an amazing 3 course meal;) and yeah I can understand the wanting to get thoughts out but not really entirely explaining them thing.

They are just feelings... like... I've played so many games and from my experience it just makes me think of the reactions and stuff Town says. Like, I expect scum to be more careful.

*shrugs* I don't know why you'd feel like it has such a bad vibe. I made a clear and cut case on WolfOwl, but apparently what looks like to be a misunderstanding from Elementar's part is much more suspicious than WolfOwl's lack of defence and random self vote on herself? If Elementar was scum he'd be more careful on what he'd do or post instead of making something so reckless. I get a bad vibe from indirect white knighting WolfOwl's been getting a lot more, like, there hasn't been a single defence against her but because people agree with me then it's SUSPICIOUS that they voted her because of her suspicious behaviour?? Mind, this is all EARLY Day 1, there's still more than 24 hours left, yet there's desperation for a counter wagon already? If you have an issue with my case or the people that sheeped me, tackle those too.
How was Wolf supposed to defend herself when there wasn't a whole lot to defend at the time? The self-vote seemed like a joke to me, or at least that was how I originally took it so I honestly thought nothing of it. Of course self-votes are useless so I also see why you voted Wolf. I'm not faulting you at all for voting her, I'm more or less looking at the votes afterward (again, namely Elementar). How can you say so certainly that Elementar would be much more careful with his vote if he were scum? I admit, I don't think I've played many games with Elementar so I guess I wouldn't know his playstyle or anything but that's a heck of a hypothetical statement to make. Yeah it's early but it isn't too early for discussion on a possible growing wagon-- a weak wagon at that.

Seth Rollins said:
The lynch isn't bad. HumanDawn had a point, what WolfOwl did looked like something scum would do to get the votes off him.
Apparently I just saw that vote differently then because it just looked very jokey to me, but I guess maybe it wasn't. I don't want this to sound like an excuse for myself but I also haven't played in TWR for a while so idk outlooks on things maybe changed. @WolfOwl Was that self-vote serious or a joke?

I'd like to know why you are so confident in voting for Elementar because he joke voted but you give the other 3 people who joke voted WolfOwl a free pass.

EDIT: Elieson is a good example. Why did you give him a free pass?
Because Elementar's specifically stated it was a joke, when it clearly couldn't have been. I mean this was now an established 'wagon' and he's claiming its a joke. I'm just focusing on Elementar right now because his actions stuck out the most clearly as scummy. Elieson at least gave a legit reason for the vote, saying the self-vote was unnecessary.

The only one I've give any kind of read on is yourself... and my reason for voting you was quite thorough.

If I was Mafia I'd have been a lot more careful than that. As Town I'm pretty lax and easy going, I have nothing to hide so I feel more freedom not being restricted.

As for Wolfowl, the most I see is you accusing her of being mafia because she voted for the host, then herself.

I agree that self voting isn't really something Wolfowl does, so it does raise a flag there, but her vote for Zexy isn't suspicious.

She's a power player. She knows what must be done to move games. Honestly if Ghostly has ANYBODY to call OOC it's WolfOwl, but she isn't.

I also see you jumping on anyone that defends - directly, indirectly OR in passing - Wolfowl.

Okay, admittedly I might be giving a big "sCUM cONFIRMED!!"vibe in my posts but that's all just noise to help start the game. You can go back and see my Town games and you would notice I do similar stuff to try to get the game going. Seeing all those confirm posts when the game had STARTED with almost NO VOTES or plans posted is just a large *sigh* bomb to me, yoou gotta try to save the game from that. I do think WolfOwl is really scummy though.

I'm pretty sure I never called you scum. I said it doesn't feel like your town self. But you have to admit, your posts so far have been pretty suspicious.

You never called me scum but you're voting me because you think I'm scum. Not really, this is just one of the many random ways I decide to approach Day 1 to make it more active.

@FinalArcadia i also announced why I was doing it in that other game. Here I did it partially seriously. Human votes me seriously over a Zexy vote so I decided to abuse my vote to both make a joke and to see what the result would be.

Just becaise it didn't work once doesn't mean it won't work this time. Can I have a reason for being scum that isn't a host VOTE and something completely in my behavior?

@Ghostly there is your explanatikn twice.

Guys. I bet Human is a fool because this is such bad play on his part that I can't take it seriously.

Yes I do believe that Elementar would do something blatant as scum because he disguised it as a joke VOTE. However being the fourth vote and saying it's a joke VOTE is bs.

On humans case-it's weak. I voted Zexy as a joke. And then I voted myself part jokingly and part for reactions. It's not scummy or strange cause I have done it before as town.

LMAO, I was thinking the same thing with you when it came to your self vote as a possibility.

I think Elementar is just using the wrong terminology... Honestly I just expect scum to be more careful, Town can be irrational or just easier going.

I'm pretty sure I made a serious sounding case on you, so I don't know why you'd decide to self-vote as a joke.

LMAO, I was thinking the same thing with you when it came to your self vote as a possibility.

I think Elementar is just using the wrong terminology... Honestly I just expect scum to be more careful, Town can be irrational or just easier going.

I'm pretty sure I made a serious sounding case on you, so I don't know why you'd decide to self-vote as a joke.
Because your serious vote was absolutely horrible reasoning. It was a clear joke VOTE on Zexy and others know exactly way since I've stated in multiple places I'm away right now and thus lacking activity.

If you want to lynch me over such bad reasoning then go ahead. I really don't care since I'm at a brunch and then I'll be busy till tomorrow. I don't K ow if I'll be on again today.

This is discrimination against Gundam-related avatars and I'll see you in court for this

But there is only one Gundam character being themed from one of you?? I never saw the series of the character that Ghostly has a theme of though.

Why the selfvote? You've pulled this tactic as town in the past with the intent of trying to see who would hop on the wagon, but iirc it didn't amount to anything or give us much of an indication of who was scum. I don't understand why you would try it again as town when it didn't work before, nor why you wouldn't have used your vote to try to get someone else to talk when a vote is the best weapon to scumhunt with in the day.

You put quotation marks around "joke votes;" how are you reading the votes on WolfOwl then? And I don't completely understand your vote. It feels disconnected from most of the action when you're not addressing hardly anything that has happened outside of "wow, that escalated"-filler comment that says nothing about any of the votes/posts related to that so far while simultaneously not giving much of a reason for why you're voting Eevee. And I find filler-y posts like that to be scummy when they can make scum look engaged without actually being so

I don't really feel like this "aggression" can come from FinalArcadia's scum play... I feel like she accuses less as scum and is more quiet.

I just found the second scum.

Elementar and Alex Kaz are probably Town.

I feel like the last Mafia is either Ghostly or FinalArcadia.

Not sure I saw your thoughts on why at this time. Ghostly read evolved but I don't see you explaining your thoughts on FA even up to now. You're engaging in chatter but not -saying- anything.

*Edit
You just ninja'd me you jerkwad i fucking love it

Ok but really I don't like this Wolf bandwagon either, it's really not sitting well with me. I'm mainly looking at Elementar. A joke vote is adding a pointless vote at the beginning of the phase that doesn't add literally anything-- it doesn't contribute to a wagon, it isn't a threat to anyone. This vote obviously added to a wagon. It wasn't a joke, even if it was intended to be. So I'm just going to go ahead and

VOTE: Elementar.

Feels like fluff which is hilarious since Ghostly just said the same thing about Elementar, that works for themself.

The lynch isn't bad. HumanDawn had a point, what WolfOwl did looked like something scum would do to get the votes off him.

@AussieEevee You say that HumanDawn's reasons for voting WolfOwl is vague but you think that your vote for Elementar isn't?

At the same time, I don't get HumanDawn's logic that if you defend WolfOwl you're automatically scum.

It's not the action, it's the motivation and method behind the action. I see what HD's going for, and I prefer to err on the side of HD's grass.

wolfowl is mafia

go read page 2 instead of just looking at the bold

I forgot why I quoted this

Eevee, do you think HD or WolfOwl are scum? If so, why? If not, why? You seem like you're mostly disagreeing with the idea of what's happening, rather than finding it actually scummy aka suspicious.

Do you really think somebody who was fool, would try so hard during a time in which there is no possible hard evidence to work with, to set themselves up as fool to get Lynched on a followup?

Do you think Elementar, or anyone really, would dare to try to rush a wagon that hard as scum, and take the risk of associating themselves permanently with the early D1 turbowagon?

Unless this is some hard-ass WIFOM, which after being scum with Elementar in the past, I don't see that as something he is comfortably capable of without incredible motivation.

Ah ok well I'm glad you had an amazing 3 course meal;) and yeah I can understand the wanting to get thoughts out but not really entirely explaining them thing.

Thank you :) .

How was Wolf supposed to defend herself when there wasn't a whole lot to defend at the time? The self-vote seemed like a joke to me, or at least that was how I originally took it so I honestly thought nothing of it. Of course self-votes are useless so I also see why you voted Wolf. I'm not faulting you at all for voting her, I'm more or less looking at the votes afterward (again, namely Elementar). How can you say so certainly that Elementar would be much more careful with his vote if he were scum? I admit, I don't think I've played many games with Elementar so I guess I wouldn't know his playstyle or anything but that's a heck of a hypothetical statement to make. Yeah it's early but it isn't too early for discussion on a possible growing wagon-- a weak wagon at that.

By not voting herself and actually replying to my post with the vote on her? Didn't seem like a joke to me. I guess I could see where you'd get that impression but it came off more as a pointlessly sarcastic reply which just derails the game further instead of contributing like she usually does. Honestly I think the terminology used was just wrong... New players here seem to always think, at least in my experience, that voting early Day 1 is "joke voting" when it isn't. Still too early. I've seen scum vote their partners early Day 1 and backing off Day 1 as early as possible to try to not have their partner get too much heat when they are voted.

Elieson said:
Feels like fluff which is hilarious since Ghostly just said the same thing about Elementar, that works for themself.
That's wrong actually because I gave reasoning for my vote regardless of whether or not it added to the Elementar wagon.

HumanDawn said:
By not voting herself and actually replying to my post with the vote on her? Didn't seem like a joke to me. I guess I could see where you'd get that impression but it came off more as a pointlessly sarcastic reply which just derails the game further instead of contributing like she usually does. Honestly I think the terminology used was just wrong... New players here seem to always think, at least in my experience, that voting early Day 1 is "joke voting" when it isn't. Still too early. I've seen scum vote their partners early Day 1 and backing off Day 1 as early as possible to try to not have their partner get too much heat when they are voted.
I guess that was just a matter of seeing votes differently then, just like how we're seeing Elementar's "joke vote" very differently. You're continually making excuses for Elementar which I think is kind of strange. You're accusing me of coming to Wolf's rescue, but you're essentially doing the same for Elementar. Can Elementar really be considered a new player? I mean I don't exactly know when he started playing but what constitutes this. You're just using an awful lot of meta.

Not sure I saw your thoughts on why at this time. Ghostly read evolved but I don't see you explaining your thoughts on FA even up to now. You're engaging in chatter but not -saying- anything.

I just found it OOC that their first post when the game started was just confirming and not doing anything else. Like, the others I either get why they wouldn't because of potential inexperience or because they just aren't the kind of players to do it, but with both Ghostly and FA I just expect more.

Do you really think somebody who was fool, would try so hard during a time in which there is no possible hard evidence to work with, to set themselves up as fool to get Lynched on a followup

Even suggesting it is ridiculous, and the fact that "Fool" is the first thing that comes to mind instead of "Mafia" is even more alarming.

Do you think Elementar, or anyone really, would dare to try to rush a wagon that hard as scum, and take the risk of associating themselves permanently with the early D1 turbowagon?

eXACTLY

Because your serious vote was absolutely horrible reasoning. It was a clear joke VOTE on Zexy and others know exactly way since I've stated in multiple places I'm away right now and thus lacking activity.

If you want to lynch me over such bad reasoning then go ahead. I really don't care since I'm at a brunch and then I'll be busy till tomorrow. I don't K ow if I'll be on again today.

iiiiiiitttttttt'sssssss noooooooooooooooooooot the oooooooooonlyyyyyyyyy reeeeeaaaaasooooooniiiiiiiiing

That's wrong actually because I gave reasoning for my vote regardless of whether or not it added to the Elementar wagon.

Wow, this reply is seriously awesome.

I guess that was just a matter of seeing votes differently then, just like how we're seeing Elementar's "joke vote" very differently. You're continually making excuses for Elementar which I think is kind of strange. You're accusing me of coming to Wolf's rescue, but you're essentially doing the same for Elementar. Can Elementar really be considered a new player? I mean I don't exactly know when he started playing but what constitutes this. You're just using an awful lot of meta.

I've only made two excuses, one being that it was wrong terminology being used, and the other that it is just too reckless. Hardly counts as "continually making excuses". It's just a theory anyway but it's why I think you're being carried away with the Elementar wagon, and by extension find it alarming about the lack of doubt with it. *shrugs* Honestly it might just be that I just found the counter wagon so alarming when there was nothing said against my case on WolfOwl that I got so bothered with it, because in fairness, I guess I can understand why one would want to object to Elementar's comment.

@HumanDawn In my defense of my first post for the phase, I was really tired and I just wanted to confirm and get that out of the way (I'm personally used to Night 0's for confirming, but since this started with the day and confirming that wasn't possible obviously not leaving me with much of a choice) so getting a scum read from such a little thing as that seems a bit weak.

Ok I will say that accusing Human of being a fool gotta clarify I mean the role here is really kind of ridiculous I gotta say that too. I find his playstyle realllly weird right now but I don't think he's a fool, or playing like one.

Alright @Elementar Was the Wolf vote a legit joke. Since this is really the only way to get a good answer from anyone because who better to ask.

Your vote was applied to the concept but not to the player in order to figure anything out. You just quoted the "What Typical Town Should Do" rulebook and went with it, without taking your nose out of the pages and actually pushing for clarification. It's fluff, because unless you expect your vote to have subliminally applied questions to it, your vote didn't actually do anything because of a lack of purpose. It's elementary.

People don't just randomly jokevote to be #4 on a wagon. There's obviously reasons that indicate why such misleading laziness actually means something. I won't share my thoughts on why (not putting words in anyone's mouth) but there's obvious repercussions that come with doing what Elementar did, and I assume that there was a genuine reason.

I just found it OOC that their first post when the game started was just confirming and not doing anything else. Like, the others I either get why they wouldn't because of potential inexperience or because they just aren't the kind of players to do it, but with both Ghostly and FA I just expect more.

Even suggesting it is ridiculous, and the fact that "Fool" is the first thing that comes to mind instead of "Mafia" is even more alarming.

eXACTLY

valid

exactly

EXACTLY

Wow, this reply is seriously awesome.
oh, you, stoppp

I've only made two excuses, one being that it was wrong terminology being used, and the other that it is just too reckless. Hardly counts as "continually making excuses". It's just a theory anyway but it's why I think you're being carried away with the Elementar wagon, and by extension find it alarming about the lack of doubt with it. *shrugs* Honestly it might just be that I just found the counter wagon so alarming when there was nothing said against my case on WolfOwl that I got so bothered with it, because in fairness, I guess I can understand why one would want to object to Elementar's comment.
The number doesn't matter they're still excuses. I'm making (trying to anyway) a case against Elementar and it's being argued against so I gotta argue back. I'm not left with much of a choice.

Elieson said:
People don't just randomly jokevote to be #4 on a wagon. There's obviously reasons that indicate why such misleading laziness actually means something. I won't share my thoughts on why (not putting words in anyone's mouth) but there's obvious repercussions that come with doing what Elementar did, and I assume that there was a genuine reason.
Ok but if there was a reason then why was it claimed to be a joke vote because that's whats really confusing me here if someone could just clarify that for me then maybe I could leave this whole thing behind me I'm just seriously confused. If there is a genuine reason behind it, please explain it to me because I don't get it, I won't get it until it's explained, and I would like to understand it. It just, to my eyes, looks like he said it was a joke when it couldn't have been and that looked scummy. I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom