• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In DRSS, I'd like the following legendaries to be made available Post-E4:

Lugia: Shoal Cave.
Ho-Oh: Mt.Pyre.

Wouldn't you think they'd get their own original island back? At least I think this'll be the case for Deoxys. I also really hope Jirachi can be caught in-game this time around.

RagingRuby and SoothingSapphire someone said in their sig, can't remember who, but I agree.

Thanks. The guy who has those names in his sig is me by the way. I think the names are in my sig for over a year now xD

All I ask is an extra rival battle but there's no way that'll happen.

They did it in Hg/Ss (double battle), and to a point even in Fr/Lg (second league match, in which Green gets a tyranitar), so I can't see why they wouldn't in R/S remakes.

They'll probably mix the Emerald and RS storylines.

Wallace being the champion, Juan being the last gym leader, maybe even fighting both villainous teams in both versions.

RUBY SAPPHIRE REMAKES. In ruby and sapphire, as we all know, Wallace is the gym leader and Steven the champion. So get of your high horse for once and accept that it'll very most likely be the same in the ruby and sapphire remakes. Juan might make a cameo somewhere else.

I wonder what they will do in terms of redesigning Brendan and Wally. I have no problems with May's redesign, she'll always look like May, however Brendan..

The gym leaders & E4 too. I wonder about them. Magma and Aqua's clothing.

Why on earth would they all get a redesign? Seeing how all the battle sprites haven't really changed a lot since RSE I don't see why they'd give them redesigns.

Wouldn't you think they'd get their own original island back? At least I think this'll be the case for Deoxys. I also really hope Jirachi can be caught in-game this time around.
True; seeing Navel Rock again would be nice...also, seeing it IN-GAME.

RUBY SAPPHIRE REMAKES. In ruby and sapphire, as we all know, Wallace is the gym leader and Steven the champion. So get of your high horse for once and accept that it'll very most likely be the same in the ruby and sapphire remakes. Juan might make a cameo somewhere else.

Why on earth would they all get a redesign? Seeing how all the battle sprites haven't really changed a lot since RSE I don't see why they'd give them redesigns.

Well, I don't recall Eusine in Gold or Silver.

Also, redesigns as in clothing changes.

When it comes to the story, its so simple, that without emerald it would be possible. All we have is Magma waking Groudon in Sapphire to make em fight and waken Rayquaza, and vice versa for Ruby, Aqua waking Kyogre and getting em to fight, waking Ray as well. Ray would just calm em, and you'd get him later.

Well, I don't recall Eusine in Gold or Silver.

Also, redesigns as in clothing changes.

So we get Scott in the R/S remakes. They're both a character you keep running into, unlike Juan, Wallace or Steven. But I think they'll still include juan somewhere. Maybe you can double battle against Juan and Wallace?

Otherwise a double battle against Wallace and Steven would be cool too.

When it comes to the story, its so simple, that without emerald it would be possible. All we have is Magma waking Groudon in Sapphire to make em fight and waken Rayquaza, and vice versa for Ruby, Aqua waking Kyogre and getting em to fight, waking Ray as well. Ray would just calm em, and you'd get him later.

that could easily be done indeed. But I do hope we'll be able to fight both leaders at least once in both games. The one thing I didn't like about Sapphire was that Maxie was a good guy.

Also completely random:

They better make the meteor falls yellow (And not gray), or else :mad:

Well you could be battling one team in each version, but later on when the teams are confronting each other in Sootopolis, you would battle the team leader of the team you were thought to be on, for "ruining" the name of that team.

On topic, I want the secret bases to come back in exact the same way as in RSE. They were awesome.

This. The secret bases were one of the few things that I enjoyed in RSE so I would love it if they came back how they were.

I also want to go into depth how the engine of BW, would help out Hoenn more then any region out there. Think of it, I mean its the one region with a volcano. 3D volcano with a wrap around, proper levels to see where the machine is. Sootopolis and its many layers in 3D, the whole concept of the origin cave being in the center could have it centered perfectly in a 3D effect. The whole battle frontier would have great effects with this, especially the pyramid. And oh god how I would love to see the vast see it holds ahead of me.

Seriously, guys... are you going to want D/P remakes in Generation VI? That's where we're headed. :p

The problem is RSE's graphics are really dated now. Especially after the BW games pushes the graphics further, RSE look really, really old.

That's it, I call a vendetta.

On topic, I want the secret bases to come back in exact the same way as in RSE. They were awesome.

Yes to bases.

Hopefully those will be the next remakes, since the original Gen 1 color games have already been [kind of] remade. Probably won't be for a few years.

I think a RS remake would be good, but, I think if they do plan on it, they should release it in 2012, the 10th anniversary. RS to me we're not really fun. It was really dull. And like what other people are saying, RS graphics are outdated now. So, I think b/c of new features and all that, I think a remake would be more fun.

The problem is RSE's graphics are really dated now. Especially after the BW games pushes the graphics further, RSE look really, really old.
FR/LG have the same dated graphics. Do we need to start remaking games in pairs now, and release both a pair of RSE remakes and another pair of RGB ones? Or is the fact that they have dated graphics really not a good enough reason to remake them? I'm leaning more towards the latter.

Damn, why is this changing into a "R/S remakes, yes or no?" thread?

I want to speculate about the remakes, not go into another pointless discussion wether there will or won't be remakes.

FRLG was remade they are called HGSS (Well just Kanto and no Sevii islands) I hate how they made Ethan look more childish in HGSS I hope they dont do that to Brendan. And They better give you a rival battle where your rival uses their starters final stage.

And They better give you a rival battle where your rival uses their starters final stage.

Yeah, May/Brendan should get a fully evolved starter plus a full team, and Wally could evolve his Magnezone and Roselia and get another team member. And Wally should definitely be battled at more locations.

I say they let Wally battle you when on your way to Rusturf Tunnel to save Peeko.

I hope it has backwards compatibility this time. Which we all know it will.

FRLG was remade they are called HGSS (Well just Kanto and no Sevii islands) I hate how they made Ethan look more childish in HGSS I hope they dont do that to Brendan. And They better give you a rival battle where your rival uses their starters final stage.
HGSS are sequels to FRLG, not remakes, just as GSC were sequels to the original RGB. There's no Team Rocket messing around in Mount Moon (and with Mount Moon not exactly being accessible anymore), no Team Rocket under the Celadon Game Corner, no Team Rocket headed by the actual Giovanni in Silph Co, no Rockets in the Pokemon Tower (and no Pokemon Tower period) and no Giovanni turning out to be the Viridian city Gym Leader (and Green/Blue turning out to be the Champion instead) in HGSS. They may both share the Kanto region, but that doesn't make them the same game.

If they want to remake a game from generation one then they should remake yellow because it is the first time we have a pokemon following you around. Additionally it would have Jessie and James in the games as well. Just because this particular version was an homage to the anime, that should not bar it from being remade. That version was awesome and I would love to see itrefined with the graphics of today's pokemon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom