• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want to remake a game from generation one then they should remake yellow because it is the first time we have a pokemon following you around. Additionally it would have Jessie and James in the games as well. Just because this particular version was an homage to the anime, that should not bar it from being remade. That version was awesome and I would love to see itrefined with the graphics of today's pokemon games.

That's great, but this thread is for discussing R/S remakes. We discuss things like:

Will the mirage tower come back? (you know, that tower in the desert).

I think it has a chance of coming back myself actually, although I did not really like it.

Will the mirage tower come back? (you know, that tower in the desert).

I think it has a chance of coming back myself actually, although I did not really like it.

I think it should.
How about the Battle Frontier? Should they add new facilities? Or just upgrade them?

I hope they add more to mirage island so it's more exciting when it appears (maybe a legendary pokemon)
Also I like the names SeaSapphire and EarthRuby

i've still to this day never spotted mirage island and I must have spoken to that douche in pacificlog over 9000 times. Perhaps make the chances of it appearing a little higher. Anything that is 7 times rarer than a shiny is just ... well it's almost pointless. Yeah we love Liechi berries but come on

I think it should.
How about the Battle Frontier? Should they add new facilities? Or just upgrade them?

I think the battle frontier should come back, although maybe with the new facilities introduced in Platinum (and maybe some extra). Perhaps they could be unlocked after you get a silver symbol (although to be honest, I never got more than 2 silver symbols xD)

I hope they add more to mirage island so it's more exciting when it appears (maybe a legendary pokemon)
Also I like the names SeaSapphire and EarthRuby

A legendary? You know how impossible it is to get to mirage island?

i've still to this day never spotted mirage island and I must have spoken to that douche in pacificlog over 9000 times. Perhaps make the chances of it appearing a little higher. Anything that is 7 times rarer than a shiny is just ... well it's almost pointless. Yeah we love Liechi berries but come on

Yeah. I never got mirage island in my 700 hour+ sapphire either. I did get a shiny oddish in the safari zone though.

I think they should base it on total Iv's or something. 6×31= 191 possibilites of total values (with some being more common than others). That would still make it hard, but not impossible.

Do you think they'll include the day and night feature?

yes I do. I think they didn't in gen III because of how they'd have to double all the childishly sprites, but that wasn't a problem anymore in gen IV. Thus I see no reason why they wouldn't include it.

Everything could be nice when Kyogre rampages in Ssapphire everything will become as dark as if it was night along with the rain (even when it's day), and that when Groudon rampages in Rruby it'll appear to be day because of the drought, even when it's night.

Do you think they'll include the day and night feature?

I'm pretty sure they will. If they don't then we won't be able to get Umbreon/Espeon/Lucario/Other Pokes.

I hope they give Team Magma/Aqua better reasons for why they're doing instead of 'Hehe! I'm gonna blow up Mt. Chimney even though it will kill most land Pokemon!'.

And I want GF to implement features from Emerald like they did with Crystal into HGSS. The whole Rayquaze/Groudon/Kyogre thing was pretty cool. I really loved the torrential rain/drought after you defeated Archie.

And please don't replace May with some other girl like they did with Kris. (Even though I like Lyra better) May is awesome.
Same goes for Brendan's hat. The hat is epic.

I'm pretty sure they will. If they don't then we won't be able to get Umbreon/Espeon/Lucario/Other Pokes.

We were able to get them in RSE, and it didn't have a day/night feature.

And I saw it was you who merged this $¥ xD

yes I do. I think they didn't in gen III because of how they'd have to double all the childishly sprites, but that wasn't a problem anymore in gen IV. Thus I see no reason why they wouldn't include it.

Everything could be nice when Kyogre rampages in Ssapphire everything will become as dark as if it was night along with the rain (even when it's day), and that when Groudon rampages in Rruby it'll appear to be day because of the drought, even when it's night.

I like that
I got one question, is Hoenn tropical or subtropical?

I know. But you had to get it from Firered or Leafgreen. I meant that they would add it for the convenience of us fans.

It was the other way around. Espeon and Umbreon were unavailable in Fr/Lg, and had to be evolved/traded in and from Hoenn, or traded from Colosseum.

It was the other way around. Espeon and Umbreon were unavailable in Fr/Lg, and had to be evolved/traded in and from Hoenn, or traded from Colosseum.

...Oh...that's right. My mind's a little rusty since I haven't played the gen.3 games in a while. :sweatlol: I think I meant that you had to trade Eevee over from FRLG. I don't know. :dizzy:

And also, please have Brendan/May evolve their stater into it's final form. And I hope you'll be able to battle them post E4.

And please don't replace May with some other girl like they did with Kris. (Even though I like Lyra better) May is awesome.
Same goes for Brendan's hat. The hat is epic.
I highly doubt they would replace May. We only got Leaf in FR/LG because R/B/Y had no girl and Lyra because...well, technically, G/S didn't have a girl either...and Kris looks hella awkward.

I highly doubt they would replace May. We only got Leaf in FR/LG because R/B/Y had no girl and Lyra because...well, technically, G/S didn't have a girl either...and Kris looks hella awkward.

I had that theory in my mind too. It's probably the reason. I guess they had Lyra since there was no girl for GOld and Silver while Kris is exclusively for Crystal.

So what next...

what kind of upgrades do you think the pokénav will have?

I think it'll get the phone back (although maybe you'll be able to turn it off), and it might be nice if you could see happiness or something like that on it.

Re: Remakes in the 5th generation

Remakes of a remake doesn't make much sense. But I like the idea of visiting a pre-existing region like what was done in GSC/HGSS but I think we've seen too much of Kanto. It's been in all four generations but it's most likely that there will be an RS remake, thus, no Kanto.

Anyways, back to revisiting regions. But when you mean being set in an old region, you mean like sequels like GSC? Add a new region and revisit an old one in one game? As much as I like the idea, it would be like trying to copy GSC, but with different regions. But for now, I'm good with just one completely new region

I think a new story in Johto would be awesome, because johto is an amazing region. maybe if they added the orange league in a new Johto game it would be nice? I agree that kanto has been used too much though.

Doesn't GameFreak only make remakes when compatibility is lost?

For example: FireRed and LeafGreen were released since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were incompatible with Generations I and II. The deficiency in Johto Pokemon was made up through compatibility with Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD, so they had to release the remakes to allow full access to Kanto pokemon.

With compatibility to Generation III still tacitly existing (Pal Park to Generation IV, then from Generation IV to Generation V), a remake may be a long ways off...

There should be a new region then you could go back to hoenn.

OK. BW hasn't even been released in Japan and you're garnting for sure that there will be a RSE-make? I've got some suggestions for you people:

1. Enjoy your recent HGSS. They're remaekes, too, and just got released last month outside Japan.

2. What's the best thing to have? a brand new game, or another remake? I'd go for the remake, so if you want to speculate, speculate about BW. There's a lot of promises put on these games, we should be talkink about these, not RSE remakes.

3. Once BW got released, play them, love them, hate them, criticose them. They'll be Gen V's main thing.

4. Once we have suck everything BW offer us, now that's it! Enjoy you RSE-makes speculation.

Oh and you can play other games and do other things in between, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom