• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Return to Houen in the 5th Generation?

^You understand that this thread is not about remake,s but about sequels, right?

Re: A Return to Houen in the 5th Generation?

^You understand that this thread is not about remake,s but about sequels, right?

Is it? That's intresting. A Sequel though? Nah, that'd be terrible. I'm want a prequel. Team Rocket was planned to be the original evil team. I want to see how that would play out, with an extremely different storyline.

This thread will serve as the official discussion thread for all aspects surrounding the possibility of a Generation III remakes, sequels, or prequels during the 5th Generation including:

-Storyline/Plot/Timeline changes.
-Pokémon distribution.
-The possibility of other regions being explorable.
-Wish Lists of updates, new features, or returning features.
-Discussion of possible clues in the current games.
- Any and all general speculation relating to Hoenn appearing in the fifth generation.

Have fun posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

We will get remakes in Gen V/revisit Hoenn in B/W/nothing related to them will happen.

RageRuby CalmSaphire(lol) those are just my predictions for the Remakes.(If there is one)
- Well if there's a remake I just want Dive Back.
- Being able to get both Lati@s
- The old Emerald Frontier brains appearing.
- Your rival to have a diffrent team.

Since BW is compatable with the Gen IV games, they probably use the same data as the Gen 3 games.

I don't see the point in making a remake when it's somewhat compatable with the original Advanced games. Unlike the original gameboy games.

MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire. Simple. As. That.

I want a May 28, 2011 release cause it's my birthday!!

RagingRuby and SoothingSapphire. Admit those are the best names. Admit it! xD

I really wish for them to come back. Maybe with something more to do after the league though.

I hope we'll be able to revisit the sevii island in them.

MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire. Simple. As. That.

I want a May 28, 2011 release cause it's my birthday!!

Not going to happen... remakes take years to come out. We'll more than likely get Black and White in English next year.

Mijzelffan: Those names are bad and you should feel bad.

I for one like RubyEarth and SapphireSea.

Always liked this one name I saw suggested one time (I think it was on either here or Serebii), Relic Ruby and Shrine Sapphire to go along with the "ancient" theme Hoenn had. Y'know, how you had Sootopolis and a few other places that seemed to be ancient cities and the like.

I like it, but I think RubyRelic and SapphireShrine work better. Something about Ruby and Sapphire just seem to lend themselves to the descriptors better—it might be the two syllables.

Remake Speculation Rule #1: Their titles will be something nobody is expecting. All name speculation is futile.

That said, SunRuby and StarSapphire just for shits and giggles.
SRSS. WHY, SO, etc.

I think we'll get a lot of hints in B/W that suggest a Gen III remake as we did with Gen II remakes in DPPt. The new remakes will be announced probably on the third gen 10 year anniversary, I assume.

I suggested MarsRuby and StarSapphire, but considering while, although a Star Sapphire is an actual jewel, there's a Marvel character with the same name (compare Pluto the Dwarf Planet, to Pluto the Dog and 'Charon').

One thing to note is, a Ruby is a symbol of immortality, whereas a Sapphire is a symbol of Aphrodite/Venus, goddess of love, lust, beauty and sexual reproduction. As immortality is an avoidance of death, you could put it into the death column, whereas the sexual reproduction side of a Sapphire can be a symbol of life.

"Pokémon DesertRuby Version" (While being an obvious reference of Groudon, it could also represent the sand in an hourglass, a symbol of death) and "Pokémon SeaSapphire Version" (while being an obvious reference on Kyogre and the Sea. Water is seen as a symbol of life).
Names that take a more literal, and symbolic nature. Mixing the literal of FireRed and LeafGreen, and the symbolic of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

As for the games themselves...In Black and White, I expect them to focus more on the new legendaries, whereas some of the Sinnoh legendaries (such as the two trios) could be obtainable in the third version. Either way, I hope they expand this Generation a bit more, because otherwise, we'll be over-crowded with legendaries. In DRSS, I'd like the following legendaries to be made available Post-E4:

Raikou/Entei/Suicune: Roaming.
Lugia: Shoal Cave.
Ho-Oh: Mt.Pyre.
Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup: See Professor Birch upon completion of the Hoenn Pokédex.
Heatran: A Post-E4 area of Mount Chimney could be a good place to put Heatran.
Cresselia: A boat could take you to full moon island...or roaming.
Regigigas: This one's a no-brainer. Regigigas has to be in Hoenn. As for a location. The Sealed Chamber where you originally unlock the Regis, once you bring all 3 to said chamber?
In another Gen V game, I'd like to see Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo available. Or they could place them in B/W's third version. DRSS could also make use of Emerald's Safari Zone extension to allow 4th/5th gen Pokémon to be caught.

I'd also love for Emerald's Battle Frontier to return. Maybe with an added route (only being able to catch Smeargle and Sudowoodo was a drag.)

RagingRuby and SoothingSapphire someone said in their sig, can't remember who, but I agree.

I wish for a sequal with brendan at a new location, but thats not gonna happen.

I'm completly against this after HGSS didn't bother to change things that were wrong about the game.

All I ask is an extra rival battle but there's no way that'll happen.

Not going to happen... remakes take years to come out. We'll more than likely get Black and White in English next year.

In fact, the next Generation V games most likely won't be out until 2012, as since the third generation, there's always been a 2 year gap between a Generation's Primary Versions and the next games (Pokémon Blue was released the same year as R/G, although Yellow was 2 years after. Crystal was also a year after G/S).

They'll probably mix the Emerald and RS storylines.

Wallace being the champion, Juan being the last gym leader, maybe even fighting both villainous teams in both versions.

I wonder what they will do in terms of redesigning Brendan and Wally. I have no problems with May's redesign, she'll always look like May, however Brendan..

The gym leaders & E4 too. I wonder about them. Magma and Aqua's clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom