• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon 'ruined' by evolution.

Tangrowth and Ambipom make me want to cry in my sleep.

Also, Masquerain sucks solely on the grounds that he took the one thing that made his pre-evo interesting and ditched it to be as amazingly generic as possible.

I really just plain don't like crobat. I mean he's got good stats and all, but he's just ugly IMO

Magmar is ruined. Rhydon is ruined.

Magmortar and Rhyperior are a hell of a lot cooler than their preevolutions. Same with Electivire, and co.

Although I do think the design of Haunter was a bit "ruined" by Gengar.

Although I do think the design of Haunter was a bit "ruined" by Gengar.

I always thought Haunter was much more neat than Gengar.

I have nothing against Honchkrow but I would have liked Murkrow to not evolve or have a different evolution. Something more sinister looking.

Raichu. Pichu and Pikachu are yellow and cute, and small. Raichu is larger, ugly AND ORANGE. WTF?

Rhyperior just seems so unecessary. Rhydon was always a cool Pokemon to me, but now it's been ruined because it's just "the middle evolution".

I really didn't like Togekiss.... It kinda....looks...wierd to me. I'm not sure why though. But what I am sure about is; I'm not giving my togetic any stones.

Okay haters, Togekiss is amazing. Let's just say that now. They turned a good-for-nothing-except-for-being-cute evo line into the most uber Flying/Normal type EVER. EVER!!! Anyone who hates Togekiss has either gotten pwned by it or has never used it in battle. End of story.

I HATE the newer third evolutions:

-Rhyperior
-Electivire
-Magmortar
-Dusknoir
-Togekiss

It's not that they're bad; they're just unnecessary. I kind of wish Pokemon had introduced new species instead of adding onto old ones.

Hm after that I might train a Togekiss (Although I keep saying that about lots of Pokemon and haven't gotten to it).

I think Propopass was unnecessary, seriously it has a mustache! Nosepass was kinda weird in the first place without it's evolution,.

I wouldn't say Rhydon's ruined, but besides Rhyperior's attack, I don't have that much interest in him; Rhydon is still kick ass though.

Also Tangrowth sucks.

You all are missing the obvious one to be hating, Pikachu!

Really, Pichu is a fun loving adorable, playful little mouse. Then it evolves and its all downhill from there. From pichu we get the ugly, hideous, killing ground types with thundershocking, horrid pikachu. Oh that thing gives me the chills. Why oh why is it so iconic?!? Why!!

The worse thing about Masquerain was that it was introduced in a Generation where it could've also had Levitate while still remaining a moth...or hell, just make it a moth and keep it gameplay-wise grounded like they did with Dustox.

Back
Top Bottom